It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non - Alcoholic Tinctures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In my last thread I showed how I make my alcoholic Chuchuhuasi tincture, if you couldn't read it, here is the link.
Chuchuhuasi 2 - Trueman's Tincture

In that thread, I've been asked for a non alcoholic option. After researching, I found more than one way to do tinctures without alcohol. I went for the most inexpensive and simple way, requires zero training but probably some practice before you can make it perfect.

This process also takes more time, about 6 weeks or so. For that reason I didn't want to wait to share and today I got the main ingredient which is Glycerin, food grade of course. Now, please consider this is totally experimental. Never used this before. I still need to find out more and see the results. What I can tell is the Glycerin is sweet so I don't think I'll need to and molasses or guarana at the end.

I don't have enough Chuchuhuasi powder now, but I have a lot of Cardamon powder, my wife bought it but we found it very unpleasant to eat. It's a great superfood and it's been used for ancient Vedics, as I read. Can't waste such a great natural medicine.

I filled the containers about one third and then I added about 80% glycerin and 20% bottled water and shook it well.

I left some room so I could shake all better.

It actually looks like it'll be very strong, going by the dark color it got right the way.

I also have a lot of dry cranberries and nuts, no need to mention their benefits.

So I went ahead today and tried to get something from all that good stuff, while I wait for my last order of Chuchuhuasi powder. Anyway I will have to wait 6 weeks before I find out the results.

You probably want to wait the 6 weeks until I try these ones and survived. Hahaha...

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Did you look into MCT oil at all? It's used to make non-alcoholic cannabis tinctures. It's usually used in conjuction with sunflower(not soy) lecithin. The lecithin helps the oil bind to liquid. It's supposed to make tinctures more readily absorbed orally also or something.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...
edit on 21/2/2021 by dug88 because: I really hate google amp so much. It makes copying links such a chore....

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Did you look into MCT oil at all? It's used to make non-alcoholic cannabis tinctures. It's usually used in conjuction with sunflower(not soy) lecithin. The lecithin helps the oil bind to liquid. It's supposed to make tinctures more readily absorbed orally also or something.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...

Thanks for that info. So I can replace the water with lecithin. I will certainly consider your suggestion. I want to save money for a tincture machine too, it accelerates the process incredibly but they are expensive.

I hope this experiment works, it's more easy to do if you go off the grid.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No, the lecithin will help non-water soluble oils and stuff bind to water it doesn't replace water.

It's more the MCT oil I recommend. Glycerine's sugar. It's not the healthiest thing to be consuming on a regular basis. Coconut oil's a bit healthier.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

No, the lecithin will help non-water soluble oils and stuff bind to water it doesn't replace water.

It's more the MCT oil I recommend. Glycerine's sugar. It's not the healthiest thing to be consuming on a regular basis. Coconut oil's a bit healthier.

Oh I got it now. You know what...., I think I have coconut oil somewhere. Another of those things wife buy and will never use. She won't even know that I took it

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good luck, hope it works out. There's lots of info out there, most of it is cannabis related, but it applies to any herbs with non-polar substances one wishes to extract.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You should stick with the glycerin. It isn't a sugar but a secondary alcohol which is why it works.

MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) are built upon glycerin (aka glycerol).

What Are Medium-Chain Triglycerides?
Triglycerides are a chemical compound that is composed of a glycerol backbone and three fatty acids.

Why add to the cost (MCTs and lecithin) and the complexity (having to add an emulsifier like lecithin) if you are going to end up ingesting glycerin anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
You should stick with the glycerin. It isn't a sugar but a secondary alcohol which is why it works.

MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) are built upon glycerin (aka glycerol).

What Are Medium-Chain Triglycerides?
Triglycerides are a chemical compound that is composed of a glycerol backbone and three fatty acids.

Why add to the cost (MCTs and lecithin) and the complexity (having to add an emulsifier like lecithin) if you are going to end up ingesting glycerin anyway.

Well, I have a whole gallon to use. Making small batches of different tinctures. One big difference between Alcoholic and non-alcoholic tinctures is the shelf life. Alcoholic ones can last for 4 or 5 years, non-alcoholic ones just one year or so.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Seeing how you ripped through the batch of alcoholic Chuchuhuasi tincture, I doubt any batch would be getting anywhere near the expiration date, regardless of extraction method.

Seriously though, I think oils probably have an even shorter shelf life. Oil becomes rancid pretty quick, relatively speaking, of course.

By the way, what kind of pain are you using the Chuchuhuasi for?

edit on 21-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Arthritis. I use it for that reason mostly but it seems to be helping me in more ways. Even my grumpy mood is gone. I think when inflammation goes away, I sleep more and it's all a chain effect.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Put your admix ...material/Glycerine into Mason Jars.....submerse in a heated pot of water to bottom of lid level..... heat till Jars simmer for 15-30 minutes....let cool.

Magical Hoof has it down pat IMHO.

www.bitchute.com...
edit on 21-2-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thank you so much AGAIN for a great thread ... I will try this, in time

I am watching what everyone else has been adding also, and this thread will be a nice resource.

Consider it 'bookmarked'~!

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I am so enjoying your journey with this tincture. I almost bought some, but then after some research discovered it has quinine in it. I was slugging back the bottles of Fever Tree tonic water (love the stuff) for the restless legs I get and then started getting heart palpitations and pain. Seems it can affect some people that way. Thought I'd mention that for anyone else who might have the same experience.

But, I am really enjoying the process of your attempts and the pictures. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have used olive oil.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Cardamon is good, it is a laxative and I am constipated quite often....that makes me full of _____

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

By definition:

Tinctures are concentrated herbal extracts that have alcohol as the solvent.

If you are using vinegar, glycerine, only water (water used to dilute alcohol is fine), or any menstruum (solvent) other than alcohol, your preparation is an extract, but it is not a tincture.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...#:~:text=Tinctures%20are%20concentrated%20herbal%20extracts.,not%20all%20extracts%20are%20t inctures!&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20vinegar,it%20is%20not%20a%20tincture.

Therefore you can't have a Tincture without alcohol.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

By definition:

If you are using vinegar, glycerine, only water (water used to dilute alcohol is fine), or any menstruum (solvent) other than alcohol, your preparation is an extract, but it is not a tincture.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...#:~:text=Tinctures%20are%20concentrated%20herbal%20extracts.,not%20all%20extracts%20are%20t inctures!&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20vinegar,it%20is%20not%20a%20tincture.

Correct.

Now please explain the differences and what they mean in terms of delivery methods.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Good point. So these ones can be called "extract ". As far as they work it's all good.

Thanks for your clarification. 👍

I think glycerine is considered a trihydric alcohol, technically.
edit on 23-2-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

By definition:

Correct.

Now please explain the differences and what they mean in terms of delivery methods.

All I want to find out is if the ones made with glycerine are effective.

I have to wait for the results, about 6 weeks.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: one4all

By definition:

Correct.

All I want to find out is if the ones made with glycerine are effective.

I have to wait for the results, about 6 weeks.

Cool....I get you....but understand that Glycerine and Alcohol do different things.....especially in terms of delivery method....and it is very important to understand delivery methods when considering how to treat one-self.

Different carriers and body conduits give you different uptake speeds and levels.

Effective at drawing out the remedies good things INTO the product ?....or effective at delivering those good things INTO the body?

edit on 23-2-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join