It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avivo Village, new normal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Intentions are obtained by transaction of ownership...a fair compromise/sarc
What else is the purpose of DNA collection, or other prerequisites to being accepted into said program?
Are participants being placed because of willingness to giving in and going belly up for the system that put them in the streets in the first place?

Dignity is an individual's responsibility.

eta
Since the abuses that closed all the mental health institutions decades ago, now trying to come up with a humane way to treat mental illnesses...
An upgrade to one may be a down grade to another.
Where on earth is the happy middle ground?

edit on (2/20/2121 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Nope. Something isn’t right.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

heating and Ac wow 3 meals a day. Why don't they intervein when people start losing their housing or a tragedy (temporarily with help) does not become homelessness I wonder.

Being able to receive three meals a day is huge for those who’re experiencing chronic homelessness and lack the means to get food. Now, you ask a good question for someone who clearly possesses zero knowledge of human services, but as I’ve worked in Human Services for a little more than 8 years, I’ll explain it for you.

What you’re describing in your question, is an existing program called Homelessness Prevention (HP). It’s not an anti-poverty program, but is intended to prevent the total loss of one’s nighttime dwelling. When one seeks HP services through a social service agency, the social worker/case manager has to ascertain the main cause of impending eviction. The typical situation(s) leading to eviction are due to: Loss of income (for whatever reason) which renders one unable to pay their rent and thus accumulating a large amount of arrearages (by the time a court issues an eviction, people are $3-$6,000 in arrears), not being on the lease, and people flat out not paying their bills. [It should be noted, that by federal guidelines, people whom are couch surfing, are considered “permanently housed,” except in the case of children and youth up to 18 or 22 in some states.]

The largest barrier to providing services for HP cases is simply, too large of volume of needy individuals and families but not enough funding. Typically, the individual or family is going to be losing the housing and doesn’t have the means to maintain that particular unit, so it’s not fiscally prudent or possible for most counties to offer assistance, save for veteran service organizations such as Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) being that they receive federal funding, and most people aren’t vets, so news flash! You’re going to be fuc*ing homeless.

Now, the newly homeless individual or family qualifies (depending on income) for Rapid Rehousing (RR) services. This is a program designed to help literally homeless individuals and families obtain affordable housing within 3 months. After housing is obtained, and during the housing search period, individuals are connected with employment services or if unable to work, connected with Housing Authorities to obtain subsidized housing vouchers. They are also connected with local food banks, Public Welfare offices for SNAP, medical, and other state benefits they may be eligible for. Until permanent housing is obtained, social workers send referrals to get the person/family into community shelters and/or transitional housing, or rehabs if necessary.

In all cases, agencies utilize a Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPIDAT), which gives the person/family a score based on the level of need; the more barriers to housing, the higher the score. Thus, someone such as a physically disabled and unemployable geriatric, or a drug addicted single-mom with bad credit and no vehicle, are going to score very high on the list and be offered shelter space before the normal guy or gal who just fell on hard times. And because funding and other resources are so limited, social workers always have a Rapid Resolution (formerly known as Diversion) conversations with new applicants. Here the goal is to get the individual or family to resolve their housing crisis without receiving money from the agency (because we’re too broke for your ass; get a job). These are questions like “Do you have a friend or relative you can stay with for a while?” “Do you know anyone who can lend you money for a security deposit?” “Can I help you call any of these people and ask on your behalf?” and so on.

So my opinion, as someone who deals with this stuff everyday, and knows this isn’t the government trying to gas everyone (🙄 you dumb slags), is that this warehouse project is an excellent first intervention to assist social service agencies in connecting our most vulnerable citizens with appropriate services and permanent housing programs.
edit on 21-2-2021 by amtracer because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Doors which are locked from the outside with a key/code combination, and really blatant airtight 'ventilation'...? I'm sorry but if I was homeless & that was being offered - 100 homes for a homeless population of many thousands - I'd be highly suspicious that it was a death camp where the homeless could be eliminated & quietly disposed of, probably with fake paper trail saying they'd each responded well to therapy & had been released into accommodations of their own, naturally with some sort of adjusted 'data protection' moratorium, meaning none of the follow up details can ever be released, so the former tenants are not victimised by anyone who would seek to find them & do them harm in the aftermath of their stay in the 'village'.

edit on FebruarySunday2102CST03America/Chicago-060024 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration

you can see that it all feeds from the same main ducting

Good catch - blatant, terrifying. This is the new normal, indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

heating and Ac wow 3 meals a day. Why don't they intervein when people start losing their housing or a tragedy (temporarily with help) does not become homelessness I wonder.

I often wonder hat myself. Help is available for X, Y or Z but if you've been working for 30 years, become disabled well gee, tough luck. Maybe you can get SS disability (if you have a lawyer) and maybe in 2 years you will see some money. Until then you better have family or very good friends or you will not survive.

The government's idea of when to help is always far too late when things have gotten past correcting.
edit on 21-2-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: amtracer

You call the people in here dumb slags for suggesting these might be potentially used as gas chambers, like there has never been genocides in history and like anyone gives a # about the homeless and so called dregs of society.

At the same time you keep banging on about lack of funding for schemes already in place. Meanwhile the billionaires keep getting richer and people admire them for finding ways to avoid paying tax. People care more about their pets than their fellow human beings in this sick backwards society.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Billionaires do not owe anyone anything. We live in an environment where upward mobility is possible for all. You can argue against that point all you want but in America, mobility upward from poor to middle class is easier than any other country. Our hope is that billionaires reinvest in new business and new jobs. Giving money away doesn’t help anyone.

Welfare in America was not meant to sustain you indefinitely. You are expected to work and provide for yourself. You control that. We believe in helping those that are having trouble but we also believe that you are the best tool for your own success. You can’t argue this point. You can argue that we do have those that can’t work due to disability (mental and physical) but that is a different set of circumstances altogether.

Areas like this are great for helping people get back to some standards from which they can take over and start controlling their life again. For others, this may be all that can be done.

“We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Good blue collar jobs are there for the taking. They provide for a lot of training and a good life. I want to continue to help the poor and those that need help. I want to see people succeed in life. I have not met anyone who does not believe that.

Areas like this can help. I just don’t want them to become the long term “housing” ideas. They need to be a starting point.

Anyone with true mental and physical disabilities will always need our help and care.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Ouch! Your first sentence didn't help drive the message home on my end...contradictory a smidgen, no?
Without a willing drone to delegate your wishes to accomplish tasks you'd
wind up doing it by yourself, or not getting it done at all.

We're willing to help you do your thing, but there's no return on our investments in the humanity end of the spectrum.

That's what's wrong with pedestals, it places us out of reach in both directions..

Whatever, have a good day.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

“We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

When I was a child, we had no TV. I lived in the country, in the woods. Our toys were those things that we shared with nature. We were walking distance from the beach, and neighbors shared, especially at harvest and butchering time, so we did not know hunger. The fruits from the trees, and bushes provided us with sweets, desserts, and the older folk with cider and wine. We did not know anything else, we did not know by financial standards, that we were poor as church mice. Yet It was the happiest I have ever been in my life.

When TV, telephones, and commercials became a household norm, we were presented with a distant, fantasy world, that taught us that we were less than, because we did not look, dress, talk, walk, or have the things that "normal" people have, so we most be rejects, ugly, stupid, and undesirable. We drank the Kool-Aid, and we died. We died in logic and died in spirit. It brought death to family, community, hope, morality, and distorted out expectations. TV and movies built the foundation. The world wide web, built the gilded cage that we eagerly lock ourselves into.

When life was simple and people's needs were basic, they were aware of the importance of family and community. Maybe over indulgence is not as great as we are led to believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I’m calling you and others dumb slags because that’s what you are. You and others are being stupid; taking a topic about finding solutions for those experiencing chronic homelessness, and turning it, to make it all about yourselves, your paranoias, and your envy of others who’ve become successful in business, which is completely unrelated to these housing projects or how and where funding is derived for social assistance programs.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amtracer

No I’m not, you know nothing about me, I don’t envy people who have become successful in business, I have my own successful business thanks. But I do despise billionaires like Jeffrey Epstein and all the people in his little black book.. they profit out of others misery, they blackmail and bribe to amass their fortunes.

If it wasn’t for the banksters that crashed the economy in 08 through their greed and manipulation the homeless problem wouldn’t be as big an issue as it is in the first place. Stop pretending like there is no corruption, dodgy deals and pure crime that cause society’s problems in the first place.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amtracer
a reply to: surfer_soul
a topic about finding solutions for those experiencing chronic homelessness, and turning it, to make it all about...

Crossing the double yellow into approaching lane in order to stay ahead endangers more than just the stupid driver.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join