It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't take much more

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I feel for you. Lost my mom last month because she had to be hospitalized for non-Covid issues (and negative at the time for Covid) then went into a rehab center, and was recovering. But, then somewhere in that mix, she tested positive for Covid-19, and went downhill very fast.

Wife is also a cancer survivor, but probably younger than your mom was.

Hang in there. There are always ups and downs, and unfortunately it's always easier to dwell upon and remember the downs.

In any event, things I have to look forward to these days are grand- daughter turning 2 years now, and family members overseas in China having (ironically) completely avoided Covid (including the granddaughter).

Take care, and focus on something in the future.

Best wishes.
edit on 2021-2-21 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

edit on 2021-2-21 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't know the details but I hear many of these anti-parasitic drugs are used to treat various forms of cancer. Might be worth looking into.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I don't know the details but I hear many of these anti-parasitic drugs are used to treat various forms of cancer. Might be worth looking into.

We are looking into it right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So first and foremost, I'm very very sorry for the horrible news. I've had several family members and close friends succumb to the same disease. I hate bringing in such a cynical attitude but I highly distrust our mainstream medical establishment. If anyone ever gets a free moment to try, and are curious, go to google and enter "The real cure for cancer," or some variation. Then open or go to DuckDuckGo, enter the exact same phrase and compare the differences. Now obviously they are going to be different given that they're different browsers, but they are COMPLETELY different. The results Google return on the first page are pretty much what you would expect, Mayo clinic, Web MD etc etc. If you look at your DDG results its mostly from small websites, trying to provide real information. I have always and still do believe that there exist a cheap, natural and effective treatment/cure for most diseases which plague our society. However, once big pharma gets involved with big tech, you have essentially a black out of any pertinent or non corporate approved information.

I wish you and your entire family the best, I pray for whomever treats your mother, for their hands to be guided by a higher power, who ever that may be. God Bless.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Stage 4, both parents at my house, most gut wrenching thing I’ve ever experienced or witnessed.

Life=pain

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I am sorry for pain you and your family are going through. I think about you and this post a lot. I am truly sorry for the emotions you are experiencing and what is taking place.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I am sorry for pain you and your family are going through. I think about you and this post a lot. I am truly sorry for the emotions you are experiencing and what is taking place.

Thank you so much.
There have been a lot of ups and down, some really high ups and very low downs the last two weeks.
I am very lucky to have a supportive family, and to have the means to take care of my parents.
For that I am very very fortunate and should not be complaining as much as I am.

I think it is hard to see anyone you love sick. It is very difficult for me because both my parents are
such big characters with big boisterous personalities. To see people like that sick cuts twice as hard.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Im am so sorry. I am sorry for you pain and grief.

I sat vigil at my stepfathers side for 3 days straight with only a couple hours sleep 2 years ago until he passed.

That was super heavy.

One big reason I just relocated is that my mother now is very fragile. She has Emphysema with her copd. She has tons of spots on her lungs. She already had part of her lung removed. She doesn’t eat. I am a chef and she still only eats crumbs. But worst of all after her husband’s death she starts drinking at 11 and doesn’t stop all day. Maybe a half glass of milk in the morning. I love my mother but this is her life so all I can do is support her.

I feel it is my duty to be with her and support her anyway I can like she helped me when I was a boy.

Im sorry for you pain. It is hard. This is where I sprinkled my stepfathers ashes. Under the cherry trees. It was a beautiful day. Here you can see my brother and my nephew.

It was a beautiful day under the cherry trees

edit on 2-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is indeed painful. I lost both my Parents and my Husband has come close many times through the years. I lived for a very long time being on edge, never knowing when the next emergency call would come. Spent hours visiting in hospitals after working all day. Looking after the Parent who was at home and making sure they were ok. I did everything I could for them so I have no regrets. Luckily they both had long and happy lives.

Have the Doctors told your Mom she had a chance or what? I was a stage 4 and luckily made it through. Still thinking of you and praying for your Mom. It is gut wrenching watching a loved one suffer. She knows that you are there with much love and that helps. Sometimes, you don't even have to say anything, just being there helps.

My Mom wasn't a big animal lover, but she sure loved cardinals. Every time I see one, I think of how much she would love those beautiful birds.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

What a beautiful place to have your Step-Father's ashes! Beautiful photo!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That photo is both beautiful and peaceful..
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have the Doctors told your Mom she had a chance or what?

We were told both days and 18 months.
Biopsy is soon so that should be more accurate....

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

What were the results of the biopsy? Still here for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

What were the results of the biopsy? Still here for you.

Stage 4 non small cell lung cancer, it has spread everywhere..brain, lungs, stomach, lymp nodes.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I’m sorry for your pain. Try and meditate. Make sure you are hydrated. Drink fluids. Make sure you are watching after yourself as well while you grieve. You are important too.

Please.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

My heart breaks for you Sweetheart. I lost my Mom some years back and never cried so much in all my life. I treasure all the beautiful and joyful moments we spent through the years and you will too. For now, make her as comfortable as possible. If she wants to talk then listen. Sometimes, just being there makes all the difference in the world and no words are necessary. Tell her how much she is loved of course, that is a given.

I have some awesome antique photos of my Parents and framed some. I have mementos that I inherited and treasure them. I think my Mom was waiting until I told her it was ok to leave this world and be with Dad. I needed her the most. I also needed for her to find her well deserved peace. She was 92 and lived a good long and happy life. I couldn't ask for more.

Things won't be the same, but you will find your way through somehow with the support and love of family and friends and those here who care about you. You can send a PM any time if you'd like to talk. Hugs

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join