It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo II: Resurrected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, I spent a couple years of my life addicted to Diablo 2 as a teenager, spent most of one summer playing it pretty much everyday so I gotta admit, it is pretty awesome to see blizzard bringing Diablo 2 back to milk as much money off that sucker's dessicated corpse as they can.

It seems the most important new features are.remastered graphics, updated battle.net support and crossplatform saving.

diablo2.blizzard.com...

Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.

An epic story told through five distinct acts.

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

Updated Battle.net support.

Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.

… and much more!

It's cool to see diablo 2 being revived, diablo 3 was a fairly big disappointment. It was more like a Diablo themed Gauntlet clone.

Still maybe Diablo 4 will go back to the diablo roots. I know nothing about it other than I think they're making it now or something. I've kinda given up hope in general on blizzard though...

Hmm...well that ended kinda dourly...

Well look how pretty it looks at least

It sure does look purdy.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Best news I heard this year!

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As long as it's the same exact game as original D2. Make the graphics "better" or whatever as graphics barely matter and it looked fine back in the day.

Just don't even try to pull some Warcraft remaster bull#. Anyone unfamiliar just YouTube it they took a classic game, completely butchered it and once installed you couldn't go back to the old Warcraft that was good lmao it was some espionage # there is no way they could have messed it up that bad.

You don't need to change anything blizzard. Just re release the game and profit. Add the stupid micro transactions if you must but leave the game as it is for the love of god. I should be excited instead im anxious to see how they will # it up. Same with the next elder scrolls game from Bethesda.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

Yeah...to be honest the best part of it all was the promise of supporting battlenet again. Still haven't played anything like the old closed battlenet community. It was great, it was barely moderated, you had all kinds of people playing everything from griefers, to hackers to item farmers to serious players, yet somehow it worked.
edit on 19/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Standard required disclaimer for me , I work for Blizzard so the thoughts Im about to type are my own and not an official stance of Blizzard or Activision Blizzard.

a reply to: dug88

On D3 ..

D3 , upon initial release, was simultaneously a record setting release for copies sold in 24 hours and also a disappointment. Subsequent expansions and DLC resulted in us selling around 12.3 million copies which was the highest selling game of that year.

To call it a fairly big disappointment simply isn't accurate .
To say that there were poor choices made in the initial deign elements , I would agree with that. The first iteration simply didnt match up to Blizzard Polish.

For D4..
We had a playable demo of it with 3 classes at Blizzcon 2 years ago. Actually pretty much all of Blizzcon that year was focused on D4 with a ridiculously awesome cinematic and art area on the tradeshow floor. It's a lot farther along then you think we are making it or something.

On Giving Up on Blizzard...
More power to you, I am not going to try and change your opinion via a thread on a conspiracy forum though lets talk after some upcoming releases take place.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wore out the left click button on 3 mice .
In less than a month .

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Great game! Cool characters. I did play this one through a few times.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Standard disclaimer...I #ed the head of blizzard online marketing...she was more fun than most blizzard games...

As for my opinion as a gamer...

Blizzard died when Activision bought them their games are garbage hyped up from the legacy of old games and the massive unending profits from the drug that is WoW.
edit on 19/2/2021 by dug88 because: Not just internet lies or bragging in my first claim...you meet some people in vancouver...

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I have no excuses, I was way past my teen years, but it was one of my first games that I actually paid for, and I beat it. I too was addicted to it.

I am from the time Leisure Suit Larry and Duke Nukem, the original. Soon after, increases in the demands for my time at work, made it impossible to even think about video games. Now that I have retired, I have played a few mystery hidden items games, but I am not buying an expensive gaming computer, or a gaming system, so I don't believe I will move much further past the cheap and simple computer games.

But Diablo II brings back found memories.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You have just contented me with this news. Some of my all time favorite battles were in 8 player hell runs in act 2.maggots and skeletons galore just running the false tombs ! Arcane sanctuary here i come!!

Act 3 end cinematic was the best.

Ha, he probably knows who you speak of by name. I think your going to get an angry sudden "wtf!?" Text/call soon lol.

edit on 2-20-2021 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Do you have any pix of art you thought was dope as hell at the event you can share? I’d really love to see some if you got any.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed diablo 3 very much. Not nearly enough as part 2, but close enough. Needed just a bit more hellscape, like maybe 30 percent more than just the portal dungeons.

My single favorite graphic in diablo 2 was on the bridge into diablos keep. Those skeletons trying to jump out of the lava. Thats the kind of stuff we loved. I love whirlwinding through hordes of fallen, skeletons, maggots, and zombies .

I used to fall asleep to the soundtrack for diablo 2. In fact i still do. When me and the family play catan we occasionally put on the soundtrack. D2 has a special place in my heart i will never forget. I am more stoked to replay it than i am D4.

Only a handful of games from super nintendo, Breath of Fire 3, Azure Dreams and Area 51 on the arcade are as dear to me in my memories. Just the way i feel.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Standard disclaimer...I #ed the head of blizzard online marketing...she was more fun than most blizzard games...

As for my opinion as a gamer...

Blizzard died when Activision bought them their games are garbage hyped up from the legacy of old games and the massive unending profits from the drug that is WoW.

See the thing is , as an employee I am required to have that disclaimer while you are d?ck swinging on a conspiracy web site.

No point in even talking about your last section because it's simply not relevant to me, the current successes of ABK or really anything else related.

edit on 20-2-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   

D2 was my game, I still play from time to time.

Once I understood the mechanics I was beasting out low level characters and slaying in pvp.

I started playing WOW, which for me was and still is the ultimate standard for games, but I always hoped they would bring the Necro over to it. That would have been awesome.
edit on 20-2-2021 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Blizzard aint what it use to be let be real, if it wasnt for nostalgia nobody would look twice.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hate to be that guy, but, uh... another "remastered" game, after the fallout of WC3 reforged?

Sorry, but I'm going to keep an eye on this from a distance, like watching the hot chick come out with powder under her nostril from the bathroom.

Potential? Yes, but is that potential still at Blizzard *cough* I mean, Activision? Probably not.

Edit: I love Blizzard, grew up with starcraft, dabbled in D2 and WoW when it was first released. But it's starting to feel like all their games are meshing into one meta-verse.

I was an RTS guy, SC, C&C, WC.
edit on 2/20/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What else ya gonna do on the internet except dick swing..

It's too bad you won't actually address my comments about the game though...I understand though, as a blizzard employee you're required.
to pretend your games aren't #.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What else ya gonna do on the internet except dick swing..

It's too bad you won't actually address my comments about the game though...I understand though, as a blizzard employee you're required.
to pretend your games aren't #.

Now that first line is some snark I can get behind! Well said. LOL!

I'm not going to pretend anything. Like every studio ever some our releases are classics that have set the target for all similar games. Other releases not so much.

An important thing that the "I read it on Kotaku so I know whats going on " crowd (not saying that is you ) don't realize is what reality is working there vs what's reported.

More often then not the employees quickly and loudly call out things that suck , things that don't feel right or things that go wrong. Sure some of those complaints bring about change and some fall on deaf ears by upper management or leadership but show me a business that doesn't have those issues.

Not a single thing anyone says here impacts me outside of this small corner of the Interwebz so there is literally no reason for me to avoid any comment you make..What you said for the most part though are opinions and I have no desire to debate your opinions so specifically what comments are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

More often then not the employees quickly and loudly call out things that suck , things that don't feel right or things that go wrong. Sure some of those complaints bring about change and some fall on deaf ears by upper management or leadership but show me a business that doesn't have those issues.

I shouldn't have been harsh to you because you work for blizzard. I do apologize for that. I'm aware it's honestly probably not the programmers, designers or most of the people involved.in the actual making of the game's faults. Most of them, I imagine, want to make a good product they can stand behind and they find fun and it's not like their games are entirely terrible, it just seems like the effort is more towards profits over fun...

Which I personally blame solely on management....more than likely on the Activision side of things.

As far as I know, a lot of the blizzard north team and even early blizzard team members are long gone. Blizzard's current president didn't even join the company until 2006.

It's not even really fair to compare blizzard's current games with those early ones, it's not even really the same company.

I just hold a lot of bitterness in general towards some particular game companies that made an impact on me when I was young. Even the state of video games in general now, it's not what we all thought the future of video games would be when my friends and family and us would all talk about it when we were kids. Il
edit on 21/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I shouldn't have been harsh to you because you work for blizzard. I do apologize for that. I'm aware it's honestly probably not the programmers, designers or most of the people involved.in the actual making of the game's faults. Most of them, I imagine, want to make a good product they can stand behind and they find fun and it's not like their games are entirely terrible, it just seems like the effort is more towards profits over fun...

Which I personally blame solely on management....more than likely on the Activision side of things.

As far as I know, a lot of the blizzard north team and even early blizzard team members are long gone. Blizzard's current president didn't even join the company until 2006.

It's not even really fair to compare blizzard's current games with those early ones, it's not even really the same company.

I just hold a lot of bitterness in general towards some particular game companies that made an impact on me when I was young. Even the state of video games in general now, it's not what we all thought the future of video games would be when my friends and family and us would all talk about it when we were kids. Il

Nothing to apologize for you. If as an employee of a company I'm going to say I work for a given place then it's on me to accept that people are going to say certain things.

TL;DR when posting online you need a thick skin.. =)

Based on my experience, hopefully this reads right to you, the idea of something being primarily for profit vs fun is neither fully true at ABK or really sustainable in the gaming world anymore. No doubt Blizzard today is not the same as Blizzard North or going back SS or any version. Honestly though when WoW exploded to what it was the Blizzard of old was destined to change.

With WoW the scale , size ,scope and expectations (internal and external) of the company made that smaller studio feel no longer realistic. Now our main campus and associated culture is still one of the greatest things about working here. Obviously that has been substantially modified with Covid and WFH but what hasn't changed is employee passion.

During the Blitzchung stuff you had daily protests by employees in our Main Campus Court Yard at the Orc statue but you also had many other forms of protest taking place on internal systems. Note not everyone was necessarily protesting that something was done but rather the way those consequences were imposed.. Oddly enough in working Blizzcon that year what I saw were the few people outside the gates protesting about how we were horrible for supporting China were also walking around inside with lots of merch in their hands. it all just seemed like a lot of social justice without many people being interested in all the facts. That seems to happen a lot with us .

From a not being the same company perspective , its true we aren't. I wish that I worked here during those glory days of WoW in the first few years, of D2 in its prime but working here is still the most fun I have had in a long career doing the same thing across different verticals. We still do a dance around "Blizzard Polish" in the sense of is it polished or being polished too much. This is applicable to just about everything here and it's the reason why we go too many years , IMO, between releases.

Finally, I want to thank you and everyone else that complains here about Blizzard or jumps on me when I post in relation to our games. I would prefer a person like that who has a passion for what they believe in vs the person that says nothing. As long as you are frustrated or angry then you still care and that means your opinion can be changed if service improves and that is what anyone trying to deliver something strives for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join