It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-Third of US Troops Are Refusing the COVID Vaccine. History May Help Explain Why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is an interesting admission ... especially considering the source article.. A flat-out refusal to step-up for vaccinations ... well ... I've never heard of that.

After botching anthrax shots decades ago, the Pentagon’s hands are tied. Only the president can order troops to take new vaccines.
Wonder if Biden has the cajones to order the Troops to form a line. It appears Soldiers can only be forced if it's a direct order from the Commander-In-Chief himself.

U.S. troops are required to take many vaccinations before they enlist or deploy abroad, but the COVID-19 shot is still not among them. The terms of an “emergency use authorization” — the type of federal approval that governs the COVID-19 vaccines presently being distributed in the United States — prevent the Defense Department from requiring its administration. But the lack of a mandate was a topic of concern in Congress on Wednesday, where members heard from senior military officials that around one-third of military personnel offered the vaccine have refused it. Changing that trend may require a direct order from the new commander in chief, President Joe Biden, and the reason has little to do with anti-vaxxer conspiracies.

Only about two-thirds of troops offered the vaccine have taken it, said Air Force Maj. Gen. Jeff Taliaferro, vice director of operations at the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in testimony before the House Armed Services Committee. Air Force Maj. Gen. Steven Nordhaus, director of operations at the National Guard Bureau said the Guard is seeing similar rates. "Our experience mirrors the preliminary data that we're seeing in other communities," added Joint Staff Surgeon Brig. Gen. Paul Friedrichs.

About 359,000 troops have received their first vaccine dose; about 147,000 of those have received a second dose, said Robert Salesses, acting assistant defense secretary for homeland defense and global security.
147,000 is nowhere near 2/3ds of the military, BTW. Who are they trying to kid?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
2/3rds of the military [personel offered the drug] have had the initial dose, but you have to wait some time before the second dose.

My thinking tells me that if they were happy to receive the first, they'll take the second when the time comes.

...They can have mine too, while they're at it.

ETA, Clarity
edit on 19/2/2021 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Edited to fix clarity

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with the 1/3 of the troops. My wife and I will not be getting the vaccine either.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The December polls showed only 64% of Americans planned on being vaccinated for Covid-19.

Annually, only 51% of Americans get the Flu vaccine...or whatever it's called.

ALSO...

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are under an emergency use authorization, which means they haven’t completed all of the multiple rounds of rigorous testing required before the FDA clears them.
Source: www.militarytimes.com...
edit on 2/19/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

China Joe could be *made* to wipe out our military with an intentionally dangerous vaccine. This is how little confidence I have in him.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Not trying to derail, and apologies for no link, but it’s my understanding that not only is the military apprehensive, but a good portion of medical workers are saying “No” as well

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I've heard anecdotally around 50% or more of healthcare are refusing as well. There's a lot of apprehension around this thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

China Joe could be *made* to wipe out our military with an intentionally dangerous vaccine.

Or maybe the military gets a different, mind altering Vax that makes them more aggressive towards the general population and more submissive towards their commanders. Super Soldiers with no empathy - this has been tried before.

edit on 19-2-2021 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Good for them!

But I don't believe the numbers we are given.

I'd bet more like 2/3 are refusing the vaccine.

I've become pretty good at translating Newspeak.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you want to take over a country (or the world)....

1. Kill off the economy, so there is demoralization and more suicides
2. Kill off the military as much as possible
3. Kill off the first responders so people die from their emergency
4. Kill off the doctors and nurses so there's no one to treat the injured and dying
5. Kill off the food supply, because people who can't eat get weak
6. Kill off the power grid so there is very limited communication and people can't organize

They're getting there, rather quickly....

Ever watch the TV series "Jericho", they just jumped to 6 with nukes and then low orbit EMP

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Your agenda also works for depopulation. A twofer.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine

Your agenda also works for depopulation. A twofer.

Have you looked at Deagle.com, the risk assessment and analysis site? I gotta ask... where are the 231 million US and 11 million Canadian people going by 2025? I have to ask that question when they predict a US population of 99 million and and a canadian population of 26 million....

Deagle Risk Assessment and Global Analysis

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/19.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yea I used it in a thread of mine and could not account for the disclaimer.
I'll grab that link for you.

Page 3 daskakik

Link

edit on 19-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Biden would be wise not to test the military in terms of following his senile orders.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I agree with the 1/3 of the troops. My wife and I will not be getting the vaccine either.

Same. My wife works as an ER nurse. She deals with Covid patients. They only die with comprised immune systems or comorbidities. We have excellent immune systems. I'll take my chances with a disease that has a 99% survival rate as opposed to a RNA modifying ,untested and rushed vaccine.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

It's 100% your right not to have the vaccine. It's a (still) a free country. But you really should do something to alert other people to this fact so that they can make an educated choice about whether they consider you safe to be around. Maybe you should have some kind of badge informing other people that you haven't been vaccinated.

It's all about making an educated choice.

You've looked at the facts and make your decision, so you should make sure that other people are aware so that they can make an informed decision as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A Critical Thinker would pause, a sheep will run to slaughter....

Viel Glück, Dr. Fuellmich!

.....Widespread scepticism in professional circles about the rationale and efficacy of Covid 19 prevention measures should certainly give pause to critical minds. As for aggressively promoted vaccine treatments, former Pfizer Vice-President Dr. Michael Yeadon’s publicly distrusts the Pfizer vaccine, produced by the pharmaceutical company he used to work for. Regarding the British government’s anti-pandemic strategy Yeadon was plainly echoing Dr. Fuellmich’s sentiments when tweeting “I Have Read The Consultation Document. I’ve Rarely Been As Shocked And Upset. I Believe Recipients Are Being Misled To A Criminal Extent.” Disturbing post–vaccination death and side–effect statistics (also here and here) certainly seem to bear him out. Not to be overlooked, there was a mass adverse reaction after forced Pfizer vaccination on January 3, 2021, at Berlin’s Bethanien Havelgarten retirement home, involving 31 seniors (13 died within days and most of the rest had serious side-effects). They were inoculated without informed consent by uniformed Bundeswher soldiers brought to the facility for that specific purpose. The tragedy would probably have gone unnoticed if a whistle-blower on the staff had not informed Dr. Fuellmich’s office of it, which promptly filed criminal complaints the legal outcome of which remain to be seen....

Will be passing here, no fears.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

It's 100% your right not to have the vaccine. It's a (still) a free country. But you really should do something to alert other people to this fact so that they can make an educated choice about whether they consider you safe to be around. Maybe you should have some kind of badge informing other people that you haven't been vaccinated.

It's all about making an educated choice.

You've looked at the facts and make your decision, so you should make sure that other people are aware so that they can make an informed decision as well.

Perhaps a nice yellow star sewn on his clothing would be sufficient?

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If I were a general I’d want at least 2/3s of the army to not have the vaccine. That way if it has unforeseen mid-term side effects that put the men out of action, then there’s enough who didn’t get the vaccine left to defend the country.

Giving it too the whole lot a once is very poor strategy. If this vaccine refusal isn’t secretly orders to abstain, then I’m sure the generals are very pleased that a significant number said no and they won’t be pressurising the remainder to get the vaccine until sufficient time has passed to be confident those already vaccinated can still fight.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
so few people were taking it at the base im at that they allowed dependents to get it if they wanted.

*shrugs* how that shakes out I dont know, I refused for now while I have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join