It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Office Called

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And I am going back.

My employer does things a little differently than some. If there's a position they want to put you in, they generally reach out and ask you if you're interested. If you say you are, then they will walk you through the formalities, but generally, simply indicating interest is often pretty much saying "yes" and accepting the spot.

So, I'll be around less often starting in March.

I'm going back in ... full-time.

I'm of two minds about it. One the one hand, it's a good opportunity, better job security than part-time contract, I get a real salary and bennies and all that. It definitely increases our financials, and it's nothing new and unusual that I haven't done before. So I will likely hit the ground running. No biggie there.

On the other hand, I've gotten used to my freedom and flexibility. I sort of like working from home in my sweats and Sherpa booties. Rotating windows to keep my eyes fresh. The office is sort of gray death land, quiet as the grave, but I did it before, so I'll adjust.

And ... I've got to get back into commuter mode.

I also have to scramble to replace my two morning workouts. I think I can pick up one at 6am, but I the other is up in the air.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bestest to you! Go easy on your feet...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They're fine. Mostly like working on big blisters, and after so many years running, if I can't manage that, then I should turn in my tough card.

Honestly, the nitrogen stuff is only really bad the day of freezing, and then about 5 to 6 days out when the blisters are at their worst. The rest of the time, it's fine.

As for hitting the ground running ... it's the exact same stuff I've done before, just in slightly different format. Once I get that down, I should be good to go.
edit on 18-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Traffic is still very low here. Not sure how long it will take to get to pre Covid levels.
I think a lot of people are going to go into reverse culture shock when going to back work after being
Home for so long.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Congratulations and good luck adjusting to the office again.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Work is the curse of the drinking class. Don't overdo it!
I've also been working from home for a long time.

The last time I worked in the office,(last spring) the boss was a jerk. He said "You've come in late three times this week, what have you got to say for yourself?"
I replied: "It must be Wednesday."

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I’ve been “essential” this whole time..... it’s normal to me, and I don’t have the ability ( or want) to work from home..
But I’m glad someone has the chance of pace they desire....

Normal won’t ever go away, as long as you keep your perspective.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm of two minds about it.

Good stuff K, as long as you are happy. nothing else matters....

OFF TOPIC.......

As soon as you are opened up again, I'm coming to the US, for at least 6 months, and I plan on DMing sh!t-tonnes of ATS members for a catch up, I have Cleetus and Cars in Florida, Paddys Day New Orleans and pretty much gonna ride it out until I get kicked out.

'LIFE - it only comes around once'
-Sublimecraft

edit on 19/2/2021 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
well done
and i pray that the living GOD
will watch over you
protect you
give you wisdom
and cause you to prosper

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Congrats on the job! I'm actually thinking about going the other way (salaried to contractor). I'd have to retire though and that's a big step. Contractors at my work make more $$ but don't have the benefits (or stability) that we do. We've been "teleworking" since March, 2020 and probably won't go back to the site to work for a couple of months. I've definitely gotten used to my commute here... walking downstairs instead of driving 45 minutes, and the dress code lol. Not sure I want to go back.

edit on 19/2/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If you're gonna be in the NYC area let me know.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Congratulation

Time goes by faster in the office than at home for me, maybe you will experience similar.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And I am going back.

My employer does things a little differently than some. If there's a position they want to put you in, they generally reach out and ask you if you're interested. If you say you are, then they will walk you through the formalities, but generally, simply indicating interest is often pretty much saying "yes" and accepting the spot.

So, I'll be around less often starting in March.

I'm going back in ... full-time.

I'm of two minds about it. One the one hand, it's a good opportunity, better job security than part-time contract, I get a real salary and bennies and all that. It definitely increases our financials, and it's nothing new and unusual that I haven't done before. So I will likely hit the ground running. No biggie there.

On the other hand, I've gotten used to my freedom and flexibility. I sort of like working from home in my sweats and Sherpa booties. Rotating windows to keep my eyes fresh. The office is sort of gray death land, quiet as the grave, but I did it before, so I'll adjust.

And ... I've got to get back into commuter mode.

I also have to scramble to replace my two morning workouts. I think I can pick up one at 6am, but I the other is up in the air.

Nope! Way too much privelage there. STAND DOWN YOU!!!.........You.......... Worker?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 2/19/2021 by Tundra because: Drunk.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I await that fateful day...since March 13 of last year I've worked from home for the " 2-week flatten the curve" turned 12 months fiasco.
Our office being completely all-in following Big Gretch (not the new beer label) we have been ordered to work from home if there is a possibility to work from home. Now that case numbers are plummeting, and innoculations rising, its only a matter of time before I make that 25 min drive into GR city every day.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And I am going back.

Me too. Just took the call this morning. It was probably only a matter of time. Retirement doesn't seem to suit me and spending (read that as throwing away) money has no appeal.

I'll be sure to turn off the lights on my way out.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yeah, it's exciting.

I'm just not looking forward to re-adjusting to the office grind and the commute. There is something to be said for being able to log in and do work whenever and wherever and however. It's nice to work with a lapful of happy cat in comfy clothing using my preferred peripherals on my personal machine sitting in my computer chair with everything adjusted exactly the way I like.

Teikiatsu offers the optimistic hope that I might be able to maybe bring in my own keyboard, but he works for multinational. I do not. I would like to bring in a mechanical keyboard as I have developed a noted preference for mechanical switches in recent years. The tactile feedback when I type is very useful to me. Last time I was in the office, they were replacing everything with those flat, barely there keyboards.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Congrats and good luck!

I hope it's just one more of many good things coming your way

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good luck with the return to office.
Play nice in public and don’t take no guff from the f’n swine!

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Best, Ket. I'm going to sit (volunteer) w Covid patients at Med Center.

2nd vac down, 10 days later...am feeling great.

Take care of you ...for the kids n hubby! While you work ...remember who you're working for👨‍👩‍👦.

Good bless!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join