It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff unloads 12 shots into a crazed man...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Good video and example, cop should have shot him the second he started advancing. He was to slow at shooting this man in my opinion.

a reply to: recrisp

That cop probably isn't in it to hurt people.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
And...I should note...this is one of the problems I have with law enforcement tactics involving firearms. They don't shoot to disable you...they shoot to KILL you, and they'll keep shooting until you're DEAD.

That's not right, IMHO.

Once you start shooting, it's not a license to continue shooting until your subject is deceased. How many times have we heard about cops firing hundreds of rounds at a suspect, emptying multiple magazines? They weren't shooting to "stop" the perpetrator, they were shooting to KILL the perpetrator.

Sorry, but it's true.

I was always made very aware of the rules of engagement, when the threat is no longer present the response is reduced Immediately or disciplinary action will be taken.
Admittedly I have never fired a shot in anger and I am well aware that you have VASTLY more experience with these situations and with the associated intricacies.
That was how I was trained however, for what it’s worth.
Are American LEO trained differently because of the armed populace?

edit on 19-2-2021 by Dalamax because: For my continuing education.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
And...I should note...this is one of the problems I have with law enforcement tactics involving firearms. They don't shoot to disable you...they shoot to KILL you, and they'll keep shooting until you're DEAD.

That's not right, IMHO.

Once you start shooting, it's not a license to continue shooting until your subject is deceased. How many times have we heard about cops firing hundreds of rounds at a suspect, emptying multiple magazines? They weren't shooting to "stop" the perpetrator, they were shooting to KILL the perpetrator.

Sorry, but it's true.

Especially when we mere citizens are expected to stop as soon as the threat is managed. If we go all out like that., we go to jail.

Damn. Should have read the next bloody post. Lol
I was taught this in basic and had it drilled into my head for ten years.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This almost looks like a staged setup. I was expecting to see some bullet holes in that logo on the defendants shirt. They do it in the movies all the time. I guess its real the blood was flowing from under his shirt.

No doubt cops shoot folks all the time but his shirt looked unscathed.
Also that logo looks like some sort of special forces logo. I looked through a bunch but didn't see any resembling that one.

Up close still being shot seconds before collpasing
edit on 19-2-2021 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

I can see several holes.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Obvious suicide by cop.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh yea I see that now. He definitely effed him up! Great looking guy too man. He could have been so many other places doing so many other things. May god have mercy on his soul I guess, as the saying goes.
I'm still not sure why the black man was so satisfied with this shooting. Yea he was totally out of line though so I guess he had it coming. To the embalmer we go. Yehaaa!

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Definitely justifiable what the Shurrif did!

Yes, that's what we're always taught - when someone slaps you on the cheek, shoot 12 bullets into it, it's totally justified.

Are you really saying the Christ would approve and repeat your sentiment?

It's never justifiable to murder or shoot someone, why don't people of this planet realize this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join