It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Hearing on Gamestop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In progress as of the posting of this thread

As of this point, as though it was going to be a surprise, congress seems to be on Robinhood's side in allowing them to halt the purchase of gamestop shares.

It's still ongoing so i don't have much more to add yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Big surprise.

Congress protecting the rigged structures.

Question, does any sitting congress member actively talk to any communities? Or only behind closed doors?

Can any citizen sit in on these sham meetings or is that what the barbed wire is for?

Edit: Streaming/Televised is not the same. They can say whatever they want with no repercussion from the audience. That needs to change.
edit on 2/18/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Can't have the wrong group of people manipulating the market can we?!

I didn't make any money off this Gamestop thing.. I was late to the show... but I tend to believe in the Buffet ethos...

"Invest in companies that interest you and you believe in"

I haven't believed in Gamestop since FuncoLand closed up shop. With the digital environment becoming such a strong force, pumping money into a brick and mortar establishment still trying to sling physical copies just seems like a lame idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This should be interesting!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Only when the market turns in favor of millions of investors, and against the Wall St. insiders, hedge funds and their politician cronies does Congress get involved! Can't have that!! Damn straight!

Go figure! It's as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow!

edit on 2/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

He cited a specific regulatory problem that required the halt. It boiled down to not having sufficient funds to cover the regulatory requirements.

It seems to be true, but I have no doubt that if Congress takes action it will hurt retail investors and create an even harder to breach walled garden for Wall Street.

For your consideration: The Reddit user deepf**king value was subpoenaed by Congress far sooner, after this relatively small blip in the radar that cost hedge funds big money, than the bankers who purchased foreclosed homes in the wake of the 2008 crisis. Almost nobody suffered personal consequences from their acts of fraud and abuse during that crisis. This new found interest in retail investors will almost certainly get pinned on ignorant retail investors when the smoke clears after the next crash.

The amount of vitriol I have for Congress and the filth that work under their protection cannot be overstated. The financial system is designed to maximize the advantages of those that already have all the money and they are responsible for decades of misery.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to talk about silver next.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
In progress as of the posting of this thread

As of this point, as though it was going to be a surprise, congress seems to be on Robinhood's side in allowing them to halt the purchase of gamestop shares.

It's still ongoing so i don't have much more to add yet.

TPTB can manipulate the markets 24/7 365 days a year, but as soon as the little guy makes a move, we gotta shut this # down.

What a farce....

They better get on the Crypto bandwagon, because it's the best way to hide money from these Bastages...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Next time a problem comes-up, and somebody offers the possible solution as : just write your Congressman, write your Senator, write your MP, etc... : we can use this as more proof of who they all really work for, and it ain't their constituents.

They're all bought and owned.
They don't work for us.

But anyone that thinks so : is a crazy conspiracy theorist...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Crypto has been traceable for a while now. There's no hiding. The difference is, no one can "confiscate" crypto, while bank accounts, cars, etc can be easily taken (even without proof or even accusation of crime.)

Anyone else notice how ALL media coverage attacks the reddit group, and never mentions that it was a reaction to illegal short selling? They say that the redditors are market manipulators. Sad, but not surprising.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentAnderson

Crypto has been traceable for a while now. There's no hiding. The difference is, no one can "confiscate" crypto, while bank accounts, cars, etc can be easily taken (even without proof or even accusation of crime.)

Anyone else notice how ALL media coverage attacks the reddit group, and never mentions that it was a reaction to illegal short selling? They say that the redditors are market manipulators. Sad, but not surprising.

I've not watched any of the media coverage, but that sounds on par to me!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentAnderson

I don't want to derail the OP or anything, but you can still deal in crypto anonymously if you know how.

Agreed that the trend is ID verification, even in crypto. More and more countries are regulating, unfortunately.

You have to keep it in an offline wallet until you wanna cash out. Which can be done in the country of your choice.

Note: I don't condone any of this.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Next time a problem comes-up, and somebody offers the possible solution as : just write your Congressman, write your Senator, write your MP, etc... : we can use this as more proof of who they all really work for, and it ain't their constituents.

They're all bought and owned.
They don't work for us.

But anyone that thinks so : is a crazy conspiracy theorist...

Well said. Beginning in 2022, we begin cleaning house!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So the people that are allowed to insider trade take the side of the people not allowed legally to insider trade but do on a daily basis.

Dont you love politics.

top topics

join