It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas who have you elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
While Texans are freezing, running out of water and much worse, good ol' Cruz is having a nice
vacay in Cancun!

If it wasn't bad enough that he made light of other Americans in their time of distress, now he
can't even be there for his own people? I'm not saying he should lineman, or out shoveling snow, but I guess they don't care about optics at
all anymore. If this isn't a let them eat cake moment, I don't know what is!

Or the governor..
Greg Abbott.. He is flipping and flopping and trying to confuse everyone on what caused this massive failure.
He is finally admitting it was a natural gas sector failure.

Or this guy.
This Texas mayor Tim Boyd. Boy is he a work of art. He's an EX mayor now.
www.cbsnews.com...

No one owes you [or] your family anything; nor is it the local government's responsibility to support you during trying times like this!" he said. "Sink or swim it's your choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I'm sick and tired of people looking for a damn handout."

HOW dare you pay taxes and your electric bill and expect Anything, you lazy losers!
I better rethink my life choices since this guy is saying my electric bill is a handout...

______________STOP________________________
before you all accuse me of being some lefty blah blah blah, I'm not.
I actually think some of what that mayor said is accurate (in the full text), but the problem is he lacked any kind of empathy.
Yes, people need to be more prepared. Telling them sorry losers and insulting their parents is probably not the best way to do it.

You know what else I thought was wrong. When democratic leaders flaunted wealth during the depths of Covid. Parties, expensive goods,
haircuts more haircuts, fancy dinner parties. We've seen it all.

What am I saying. What I've said all along. We are not Left vs. Right, but that's where they want us, and they have done a pretty good job.
It's really about the Elite vs. all of us. They aren't even hiding it anymore.

People of Texas, my heart goes out to you. You deserve better than this, we all deserve better than this.
What happens to you is happening to all of us, because we are all Americans. We need to remember that when any
natural disaster strikes...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I thought it was all down to the windmills freezing?

Sink or swim for failure of the state’s infrastructure? The infrastructure funded through the taxes of hard working citizens?

Well I hope those same citizens remember what he actually thinks of them come the next election. Arrogant, self serving politicians like this really grind my gears.

ETA - I see Ted Cruz has decided to get himself off to Cancun whilst his voters are left to freeze. What a patriot.
edit on 18/2/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The mayor doesn't care. As long as lights are on for the wealthy, that's all that matters. The poor and middle class are just lazy hand-out seekers.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

The mayor doesn't care. As long as lights are on for the wealthy, that's all that matters. The poor and middle class are just lazy hand-out seekers.

He is out of a job and so is his wife. Wonder if they will file for unemployment, wouldn't that be ironic!

One has to ask, if the government is not there to assist in times of natural disaster, what exactly is their purpose?
What is tax money for? Why do we elect people if we are expected to do it all ourselves.

In some place self sufficiency is outlawed so you are dependent on the grid, but then are told good luck suckers!

edit on 18-2-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

People need to learn how to fend for themselves instead of relying on Government to feed, cloth, keep them warm, and house them. There. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

People need to learn how to fend for themselves instead of relying on Government to feed, cloth, keep them warm, and house them. There. Problem solved.

That's lame. Plenty of people want to fend for themselves and are blocked every step of the way.
Some places don't allow you to have solar, and you must connect to the grid, but when the grid is down, tough luck.

You try to fish, you need a license, again paying the government.
You pay your taxes for fire, police, government functions, but when you need it, sorry suckers!
You elect people to help with laws, disasters, etc, you pay your taxes which pays their salaries, but when
you need them, Sorry got to go on vacation!

Maybe the government needs to stop relying on the people, There Problem solved!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If there were snowstorms coming to Texas and I had money, I would be on some little Island vacationing too. I may be a yooper, but I am not dumb. I can't afford to be flying to tropical islands, but if I could I would go during bad weather that was heading our way....could hire someone to check on the house while we were gone.

I would like to go to Yap some year to visit my sisters ex-husband, but he is old and not in the best of shape anymore, our luck he would die on the way there, and we would not have a place to stay or know anyone there. We should have gone ten years ago. I really would have liked fishing all day for a month. I liked him, but he did not like it here in America, he was treated as inferior here, but over there he is sort of almost royalty, his uncle was the president of Micronesia for many years. He moved back and got a prestigious job when he went back there, his family owns the land the airbase is on and they get quite a bit of revenue off the lease which he now is in charge of dispersing to make sure his family never is in need.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ummm...I live in almost Canada NY...

A few years back we had a massive ice storm in Jan-Feb...I was without power for 33 days...in the coldest part of a northern almost Canada NY winter...

We did as those that live in the great white north do...we boiled snow on the kerosene heater for cleaning and flushing the head...we also cooked on the kerosene heater...after a couple days of that we went out and bought a generator...

No biggie...it was nothing but a thing...

We didn’t freeze...we didn’t starve...we soldiered on...

So...you were saying something...something...about a couple days without power...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...I live in almost Canada NY...
No biggie...it was nothing but a thing...

We didn’t freeze...we didn’t starve...we soldiered on...

You are used to the cold climate and dangers. Your houses (and mine) are also built for it.
If your area got 120 degrees in the summer with no electricity I'd like to hear you say no biggie.

I know you wouldn't. Something like that happened in Chicago and a lot of people died, a lot.

www.scientificamerican.com...#:~:text=By%20the%20end%20of%20the,Harvey%2 0(107)%2C%20combined.

By the end of the week, 735 more victims—mostly elderly and poor—succumbed to unbearable heat and humidity, making the 1995 Chicago heat wave one of the deadliest climate disasters in U.S. history. It killed three times as many people as Superstorm Sandy

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Read the contract with any energy, "electric" company and you will find that they do not take responsibility for disruption or damage caused by acts of god.
I used god in the lower case for generality.

So what should I do when 50,000 people show up at my door wanting protection and a handout? Empathy be damned.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think the main problem here is how we elect our leaders. If you want ideologues in power this is what you get. When you place ideologues in power you get California, New York, Illinois on the left and you get Texas, Louisiana and West Virginia on the right.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
In some place self sufficiency is outlawed so you are dependent on the grid, but then are told good luck suckers!

Really? It is illegal to buy, set up and maintain your own backup generator?

Pardon me if I don't believe you.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Really? It is illegal to buy, set up and maintain your own backup generator?

Pardon me if I don't believe you.

I said you are dependent on the grid. That can mean several things.
Some states do not have solar rights laws. That includes how you can or can't hook up to a grid.
Some states do not allow you to collect your own rain water.
Some states govern how you use a generator. Some have noise nuisance laws that wouldn't allow a generator.
Don't take my word for it, just look it up.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It's awful easy to judge from the outside. Don't act like you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in the same situation and had the means. April 27 2011 tornado aftermath in alabama was a very comparable situation. We didn't have the means to get away. So we hunkered down with no power for almost 2 weeks. But we certainly didn't criticize our local officials for doing the smart thing and getting out of town. Ya, it sucked that I couldn't, but that's life. If that happened today, I'd be gone, LOL. So quit whining about such meaningless drivel.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I said you are dependent on the grid.

No, you said 'self-sufficiency is outlawed'.

Some states do not have solar rights laws.

States cannot outloaw your collection of solar power. They may have laws preventing you from selling it back to the grid, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you can collect it.

They also cannot outlaw your configuring your breaker box such that you can switch between grid and home power on demand. Or, if they claim such a power, I would simply ignore the obviously unconstityutional absurdity, and sue them if they ever tried to enforce it.

Some states do not allow you to collect your own rain water.

An obviously unconstitutional law. I ignore garbage like that.

Some states govern how you use a generator.

Fine... let them... I'll ignore them, and do what is best for me and my family.

Some have noise nuisance laws that wouldn't allow a generator.

Yeah, and they can kiss my ass when I'm saving the lives of my family and neighbors.

How many neighbors do you think would rat me out after my offering to save their asses?

Don't take my word for it, just look it up.

Oh, I believe you, I just don't believe that people obey unconstitutional garbage masquerading as 'law'.

new topics

top topics

join