It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation Surprise: Producer Prices Jump More Than Expected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Nickn3
With the extremely low interest rate, I have been expecting a rapid inflation rate. It’s the only way we can pay back the huge debt, is to do it with inflated dollars.

I clearly remember the horrible inflation in the mid to late 70's, it wasn't until Reagan became President that it finally stopped. It was so bad that if we saw something on a good sale that we used regularly we bought it, even if ours was working fine, or we had some on hand, just in case, because we knew that by the time we needed it the price would have gone way way up.

That stuck with me all these years later as my really "poor" years were the years prior to Reagan taking office. I always have on hand two extra of things I use regularly. I wait until they are on a really good sale and get them and store them in my garage or a closet. Looks like this habit may pay off while the Democrats run the nation once again.

Four years legacy of Trump 'economics' and yet somehow the Dems did this in a month?

Are you blind, stupid or trolling? The economy under President Trump was booming until Democratic governors started wiping it out last March by intentionally shutting it down. So, no, Dems did not do this in a month. It's taken almost a year, but they've just about gotten what they wanted. Are you happy with how it's going?

TCB

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
This is what you wanted Augustus . Congratulations you got what you wanted .

How so? You got a quote of me asking for the government to shut things down and print more money? Because I have a three thousand reply thread that says the total opposite.

Another fail...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
a reply to: new_here

Anybody elses grocery bill double also? Mine has DOUBLED since the covid crap hit...my pay hasnt gone up, how do i budget for that?

Wtf...greedy buttheads

In general, food up a good 10-20%, gas went up 25c today, another 12c tommorow.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Who would've have that negatively impacting the fuel source for an entire country would cause prices to increase? Cost more to make things. Cost more to transport things. Yeah, duhhh

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What the #, no he did not. You missed one hell of a good thread HE AUTHORED and ripped the ever-loving # out of everyone wanting the country shut down, and warned ABOUT THIS END RESULT.
How do I know? I posted in it. How do you not know? You didn't pay any attention for a whole year. DUH.

Jesus Christ, you didn't even try, not one iota of Legit Trying tossed out there.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

With the extremely low interest rate, I have been expecting a rapid inflation rate. It’s the only way we can pay back the huge debt, is to do it with inflated dollars.

I clearly remember the horrible inflation in the mid to late 70's, it wasn't until Reagan became President that it finally stopped. It was so bad that if we saw something on a good sale that we used regularly we bought it, even if ours was working fine, or we had some on hand, just in case, because we knew that by the time we needed it the price would have gone way way up.

That stuck with me all these years later as my really "poor" years were the years prior to Reagan taking office. I always have on hand two extra of things I use regularly. I wait until they are on a really good sale and get them and store them in my garage or a closet. Looks like this habit may pay off while the Democrats run the nation once again.

Four years legacy of Trump 'economics' and yet somehow the Dems did this in a month?

You do realize that everyone doesn't go out and buy like crazy just because there is a new POTUS?

I didn't do any shopping because of Biden. This has been my regular habit since the late 1970's. I am just glad it was my habit because now I won't have to buy much while inflation runs rampant under the Biden administration. That is exactly why I have had this habit of buying on a good sale and keeping 2 backups of every item I use regularly. So when things like the Biden administration comes along, I won't have to buy anything if I don't run out (like my beloved Keurig) while inflation runs wild.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What the #, no he did not. You missed one hell of a good thread HE AUTHORED and ripped the ever-loving # out of everyone wanting the country shut down, and warned ABOUT THIS END RESULT.
How do I know? I posted in it. How do you not know? You didn't pay any attention for a whole year. DUH.

Jesus Christ, you didn't even try, not one iota of Legit Trying tossed out there.

LOL, "Thenail" ..has been hammered!!

edit on 18-2-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The prices here have been creeping up, this is not a sudden trend, well, fuel for sure, I guess more sticker shock to come.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If you want to take a trip, buy the tickets/hotel before the $1,400 is sent out. Tons of people will plan/pay for vacations when that money hits their bank accounts.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Keep asking for more free cheese, printing money doesn't ever cause inflation.

How about opening things back up you morons in government.

When things open back up again and the feds ultimately expire the federal moratoriums on evictions, foreclosures, student loan collections, etc, then we're gonna see some real #. The long term damage from this past year of tomfoolery and fascism in the name of COVID hasn't even begun... yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
When things open back up again and the feds ultimately expire the federal moratoriums on evictions, foreclosures, student loan collections, etc, then we're gonna see some real #. The long term damage from this past year of tomfoolery and fascism in the name of COVID hasn't even begun... yet.

I completely agree. There is still a rash of negative economic impactors yet to occur, the ****show is just getting started.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Are you blind, stupid or trolling? The economy under President Trump was booming until Democratic governors started wiping it out last March by intentionally shutting it down. So, no, Dems did not do this in a month. It's taken almost a year, but they've just about gotten what they wanted. Are you happy with how it's going?

TCB

I'm not an American, so I can only see things that are published. I don't experience how it feels (which isn't necessarily a good indicator).

The economy under Trump wasn't actually booming. That was what he said about it, but it wasn't entirely true.

What happened is; some indicators looked good, but only because other areas were being borrowed from. The overall economy was about the same as ever, but debt continued to climb. A quick look at GDP growth gives an indicator to overall economy health.

GDP Growth Rate in USA - World Bank

The Democratic governors also don't affect the whole economy. The current situation is nationwide, and its roots are national.

edit on 18/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
a reply to: new_here

Anybody elses grocery bill double also? Mine has DOUBLED since the covid crap hit...my pay hasnt gone up, how do i budget for that?

Wtf...greedy buttheads

I noticed it went up quite a bit from last year. I’m not seeing double, but at least 1/3 more. Thinking of buying half a beef. @$3.00 lb.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If the increase was based on speculation then yes. It's all based on recent events.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Of you're not American don't talk about the economy under trump. It was a breath of fresh air, until the covid shutdown wage increase, especially for the middle class and poor was incredible. In fact black women were the group with the biggest increase, and workers saw bigger increases than management.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Of you're not American don't talk about the economy under trump. It was a breath of fresh air, until the covid shutdown wage increase, especially for the middle class and poor was incredible. In fact black women were the group with the biggest increase, and workers saw bigger increases than management.

And where did that extra money come from?

Especially when the national (government) debt alone has exceeded GDP (capacity of the economy to repay) for the full four years (having gone into excess debt in 2016, and never getting out of it again)?

Clearly, the printing of more cash can only drive more inflation, if there is no extra value behind the empty currency.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If the increase was based on speculation then yes. It's all based on recent events.

Yes but people haven't gone on spending spree's, buying up new cars, homes, and whitegoods, just because there is a different government.

The economy lags behind policy, by years in some cases.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Best I can figure, right now,
there are millions of people not paying their rent.

I'm paying MY rent- and it hasn't been easy.

If the government decides to retroactively forgive that rent debt, they'd have to cut huge checks to the owners of those properties.

If that happens, I'm out some 15 grand and counting in money I paid out of my hard work where the wanks next door got an extended vacation.

Meanwhile I'm still paying easily 30% more for food, heat, and other bills.... and it just keeps getting worse because the idiots in charge don't care about me... or worse, want me to suffer and die.

Good thing my income doesn't depend on use of fuel.
I won't be surprised when gasoline hits $6 a gallon by 2022.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

TCB

I'm not an American, so I can only see things that are published. I don't experience how it feels (which isn't necessarily a good indicator).

The economy under Trump wasn't actually booming. That was what he said about it, but it wasn't entirely true.

What happened is; some indicators looked good, but only because other areas were being borrowed from. The overall economy was about the same as ever, but debt continued to climb. A quick look at GDP growth gives an indicator to overall economy health.

The Democratic governors also don't affect the whole economy. The current situation is nationwide, and its roots are national.

Thank you for an honest attempt at a reply. I appreciate it. Sincerely.

However, being an American myself, I know your answer is wrong. We had the lowest unemployment rates in years, had more money and things were doing great.

TCB

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

TCB

Thank you for an honest attempt at a reply. I appreciate it. Sincerely.

However, being an American myself, I know your answer is wrong. We had the lowest unemployment rates in years, had more money and things were doing great.

TCB

OK, here's a hypothetical to demonstrate my point:

You can get a new credit card, and go on a spending spree buying up everything that you want. The thing is, you don't really have any extra money to pay for all those things. It increases your debt while making it appear that you have more money than you actually do. At some stage, however, you have to service that debt and make repayments.

Now, back in the real world, the GDP doesn't show massive increases in whole country economic productivity. So where did all that extra money that you experienced actually come from?

We know that international trade was being suppressed on many fronts as tariffs were placed that increased the cost of extra-nationally sourced goods. Purportedly, this was to protect local industry, but in that market, local suppliers usually push up prices to increase profitability to cover manufacture and warehousing required to support what to them is a vastly expanded market (this leads to price increases, as we are now seeing, the topic of this thread).

The only other place such an increase of money for general citizens would be asset sales. Were there any major (multi-trillion or multi-billion dollar) asset sales during that time?

Do you see what I am saying?

edit on 19/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join