It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh and calls for unity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I didn’t listen to rush Limbaugh.
Years ago before the internet I might have listened every now and then when the music selection sucked.
I have read a book or two of his, but I also read bill clinton books.
Can’t say that either of them left me with much insight to ponder.

Tonight I was flipping through Twitter for some odd reason and noticed several news reports about rush’s death.
I honestly was surprised by some of the venomous replies left on the news posts.
Glad he suffered.
Burn in hell.
Say high to hitler.

Those comments did give me some insight to ponder.
The new administration is calling for unity....
Does biden seriously want me to unite with the people I mentioned above?
I don’t see how I will ever have any common ground with anyone that would make comments like that.

If anything the current atmosphere makes me more determined to stick to the beliefs I have and to fight every attempt to sway that opinion.
The more I see and read the less hope I have for peaceful resolution to our domestic issues.

Maybe I will get in my blanket fort and color.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Rush pretty much revolutionized the radio talk show industry.

He made it OK to be an outspoken Conservative with no apologies.

He also never lost a battle with the left.

So I understand why they hate him so much.

He promoted free speech.

Something that is anathema to the left.

The American left and right will never find unity at this point.

For the left, because they will accept nothing less than total conformity to their ideologies.

For the right, because they do not negotiate with terrorists.

It's not going to get any better, either way.

~Shrug~

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I can understand truly hating a dictator responsible for death and destruction or a serial killer, rapist, or any other stain on the species but not for a talk show host.

Apparently when Whoopi Goldberg dies I get to tell her to say high to hitler.

Society has deteriorated to an unrecognizable puddle of poo.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah I’m on the verge of leaving my Fantasy Football crew of folks I’ve known for decades. Friends heh. It’s so over the top “too soon” doesn’t even apply.

I don’t even care for Rush, but wow.

The Left’s “love” knows no bounds. Unity indeed

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I used to listen to Rush on my lunch hour back a few decades ago. The man was brilliant and right most of the time. My issue was not with him, but that a steady diet of anything that partisan will rot your brain. He was a good man and deserved a better fate.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Society has deteriorated to an unrecognizable puddle of poo.

Yep, but two types of puddles of poo

1. the unappreciative people in soup lines
2. those that can barely get through the isle at the grocery store check, and I am not referring to those in the electric mobile scooters getting their groceries

I think good people with good intentions are being silenced now or afraid to speak up. Maybe that is why those in charge on the major medias want Trump to stfu and obey.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This just illustrates that the leftists are liars.

QED

(post by caterpillage removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is Chit Chat and NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE discussion will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Let's all be real about this.

We all knew we were going to see this from the left for years when Rush died, and we knew Rush was going to die sooner or later.

Rush gave a focus to the opposition that got in their way.

I saw it put this way somewhere today: Authoritarianism has a way of making you doubt yourself and whether or not you're alone. Rush came along and let millions of us know we weren't alone.
edit on 17-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Years ago before the internet I might have listened every now and then when the music selection sucked.

Tonight I was flipping through Twitter for some odd reason and noticed several news reports about rush’s death.
I honestly was surprised by some of the venomous replies left on the news posts.
Glad he suffered.
Burn in hell.
Say high to hitler.

I don’t see how I will ever have any common ground with anyone that would make comments like that.

If anything the current atmosphere makes me more determined to stick to the beliefs I have and to fight every attempt to sway that opinion.
The more I see and read the less hope I have for peaceful resolution to our domestic issues.

People on the extreme are going to be idiots. When RBG passed away last year it was the same...heck she wasn’t even dead and the radical right wing extremist were posting CTs about her having a body double or something. None of it is right on either side.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Sorry, conservatives generally did not stoop to the level of disrespect we see from the left. Sure, you might find some troll on a conservatives leaning message board saying something, but we have actual leftist media people literally praising this man's death. I posted an article written on a mainstream leftist website in another thread that literally said they were happy he died.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That’s why I didn’t said conservatives. I explicitly said radical right wing extremist. If you don’t know the difference between the two then that’s a you problem.

edit on 18-2-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Kindness and understanding has to start somewhere. Rather than wait for the go ahead from the leader that pushes your buttons the right way, you could just be the bigger person and let those comments roll off like water on a ducks back. The more people who come to issues calm and collected the less people there are to make nasty comments.

I keep seeing this unity thing thrown in Bidens face. Would you have rather him said "You guys suck, go f-yourself if you didn't vote for me. I'm not working for any of you, and I hope the divide continues to grow. "

Instead of slinging mud at his unity approach maybe we should just give it a try?

Yeah yeah, I know they spent a lot of time bad mouthing Republicans/Trump fans/whatevs/blah blah... get off your horse... I still remember !#$# like this ...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This thread evidences hatred, too.

Neither side are righteous.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Glad he suffered.
Burn in hell.
Say high to hitler.

People on the extreme are going to be idiots. When RBG passed away last year it was the same...heck she wasn’t even dead and the radical right wing extremist were posting CTs about her having a body double or something. None of it is right on either side.

What is crazy is I used to actually be worried about the militant extreme right and now I'm worried about the militant extreme left. The difference is the right never got into a position of power nor did they have so many people brainwash to their extreme as the left does today. The media beat everybody into a frenzy, LOL, and now people hate other people because they listened to a talk radio personality.

Rush was phenomenal early on in the Slick Willie days, gave conservatives hope and a place to vent, later he just played his role as conservative pundit pushing the boundaries. The funny thing is a lot of the outrageous stuff he said has come true. I don't think he even believed most of it at the time himself and he was just being an entertainer and playing to his audience.

Regardless I can't say I hate anybody till I actually know them, LOL, damn sure not going to prejudge somebody cause they like the Kardashians or the View for example. last I checked people can think whatever the flip they want to think, as long as they don't impose those views on me. Right now there is one side coming damn close to imposing those views and worry too much about what the other side has a right to think and believe.

Hell, my whole life 58 years there has been a division in AMERICA except for that oh-so brief period after 9/11 maybe for a year or two. Only now though we going to let fringe extremes rule our thoughts and actions. In most of my adult life, I've probably leaned right on most issues and left on few others but I always had conservative friends and liberal girlfriends, the point being it didn't matter. Yet now we are at each other's throats almost constantly. My ex-wife and I didn't even discuss politics till 2000 and had been married 13 years by then, it didn't matter.

Compromise and respect 2 words we don't hear enough these days, it's all about compromise and respect we don't have it in our leaders nor do we have it in the general population. Till we get that back it is going to be very hard as there are fights over the absolutely dumbest # from both sides. I'd imagine the now- long gone dead and buried founding liberals and conservatives leaders look at us as we are a bunch of idiots.
edit on 18-2-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

So maybe Biden should commend Rush on various his achievements and historic run at talk radio?

His whole redefining a genre and all....

Or I guess it’s fine just letting people denigrate the immediate dead these days?

Unity sure is funny coming from those “pushing” it

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

100%

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Rush was the Eddie Van Halen of conservative commentary. He was good at coming up with new insights without going to far from the MSM narrative.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Rush Limbaugh is the embodiment of free speech; controversial.... yes, but he also was an encyclopedia of knowledge and regardless of any shame you can throw on him (shame on you) he still commanded the LARGEST audience in broadcasting history. No matter how you view him, he will always be a leader in his industry, a legend and a benchmark that will probably never be reached again.....

RIP to a man that spoke his mind, and excepted the consequences... in the name of free speech.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join