It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they are coming for the guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Spell it any way you choose VictorVonDoom more guns than people equates to some of us wondering why?

I have multiple guns.
I have rifles for hunting big game. Rifles for hunting predators and small game are also to be found at my home.
I have shotguns for hunting birds on the wing.
I have pistols for hunting, pistols for plinking and pistols for self defense.
That shows why one person may own quite a few guns.
I haven't used any of my guns to shoot anyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Everyone knows .223 doesn't do that because .223 is a sissy ammo, step up to .308 and feel the power.

Warms my heart when you talk dirty to me like that.

Kyle Rittenhouse shut down a riot in Kenosha all by himself with .223 (or more likely 5.56).

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Different makes and functions ie full auto selector on military weapons and calibers yes that’s correct but what’s not correct is is that some are more dangerous than others.

A round from a rifle and a round from a hand gun are designed for the same purpose, now depending on the ammunition you use is it FMJ, is it expandable, does it fragment.

That’s what makes the tool dangerous in certain people hands.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Both of those calibers are like drinking Coors Lite.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Star for not shooting anyone(without reason) and using the things appropriately if that helps.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Brit-Tex

Well at least we seem to agree as to the danger in certain peoples hands part.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: recrisp
I'm confused. You use the term civil war, but you seem to be talking about a revolution. For clarity...
Revolution = citizens against government.
Civil war = citizen against citizen.

So which is it?

For clarification,
the government has clearly chosen a "side" - as have the citizens.
It appears that most people who live in the city have chosen the side of government.
Because of that, most government chooses the side of the citizens in cities.

unfortunately, cities are not sustainable without raking country folk over the coals...

So, if there were to be a 'civil" war, it would be city folk vs country folk.
And it would be a real mess- because city folk would mostly starve to death.
Going down that path, the government would step in and order the military to get involved to protect the cities, turning it into a revolution.

Either way, the cities get hosed... and the government collapses under its own weight.
Private-bank controlled USD collapses, starting a world-wide problem with trade... and likely wars over debt.

USA has a commander in chief who works for China, so that war would be fought without any direction or cooperation on our part... we'd be relying on military leadership.
Didn't o'bummer gut our military leadership?

Never wanted a war, but it appears I live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Star for not shooting anyone(without reason) and using the things appropriately if that helps.

Well, I do try to stay out of situations that are dangerous to begin with. Many of the shootings that occur here are in urban areas full of ne'er do wells.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Both of those calibers are like drinking Coors Lite.

Not a fan of Coors. And Lite beers are like going to Micky D's and ordering a diet soda. LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Missing 20mike-mike.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The kid that died at a birthday party coz one of the adults in attendance that dropped a handgun to the floor and did not notice whilst playing cards at the party not that long ago illustrates that point rather well.

That was just tragic and complete and utterly preventable.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If guns are made illegal, I'll remain a law abiding citizen and turn them in. For the kids, you know. Rights and privileges are for virtuous people only, those that obey the government and it's laws. We have to be better if we want to fight global warming and income inequality- gun control is a good first step to end those things.
edit on 17-2-2021 by Zachsquatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
lets see how this one ages, I hope your right. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Missing 20mike-mike.

I'm not Billy Bad Ass' brother. Though he does happen to live just up the block.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The kid that died at a birthday party coz one of the adults in attendance that dropped a handgun to the floor and did not notice whilst playing cards at the party not that long ago illustrates that point rather well.

That was just tragic and complete and utterly preventable.

Agreed.
I never take guns to kids birthday parties.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zachsquatch
If guns are made illegal, I'll remain a law abiding citizen and turn them in. For the kids, you know. Rights and privileges are for virtuous people only, those that obey the government and it's laws. We have to be better if we want to fight global warming and income inequality- gun control is a good first step to end those things.

How does gun control end global warming and income inequality?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Like all parasitic institutions, the state’s first instinct is that of self-preservation. No government has ever shown any disposition to suppress crime, only to safeguard its own monopoly of crime. That’s what all this talk of gun-grabbing is.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Missing 20mike-mike.

I got some 20mm from my CIWS days.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
lets see how this one ages, I hope your right.

It will age well, that entire conversation has evaporated, they aren't going to open the door to having this happen when they aren't in control and they won't do something like this because it will reenergize the base.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Would you shoot a bigfoot in self defense?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join