It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Votes Trump ‘Won the Election in a Landslide’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
And why did they deny the deployment prior to the 6th?

Almost as if they had agents and provocateurs ready.

Fits the FBI and CIA MO.

But of course, that only happens in foreign countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Meanwhile back down here on planet reality Biden is indeed POTUS.

As to the House having to prove Biden won the election???!!!

What about the landslide results?

81,283,098 votes say Biden's POTUS.

Then there are over 50 lawsuits regarding contested election results that were flung out of court.

And that's all she wrote really, good luck with your misplaced belief buddy, i cant see how it can serve you well.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Trump went through the number of votes he was contesting in his rally speech. The Article of Impeachment incorporated those claims by reference. Those are the numbers the Senate decided were NOT factually incorrect.

Congress is the one to properly decide.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The big question is why (and how) did 81 million people vote for Biden in his condition ? 😃

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: darkbake

It's not for Van Der Veen to decide who won the election...it's not up to Trump either. It's up to Congress and the House left it to the Senate to decide via Impeachment.

The House had all the opportunity in the world to prove Biden won. The burden of proof was on the House...their choice.

I hope the Supreme Court is aware of the information you've laid out in this superb thread. It will assist them in deciding which of the five 2020 Election-related cases to take up (if any), when they meet this coming Friday (2.19.2021).

edit on 2/16/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Article of Impeachment incorporated those claims by reference.

...As an assertion of fact, not as a question for the Senate to decide on.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think you may find the decision in made and the world spun MotherMayEye.

Biden is your POTUS for the next 4 years anyroad or as long as he lasts.

At this point belief in anything other than the facts is quite frankly delusional.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

You'll have to provide me with a quote and the context or a link to that part of the transcript before I could comment on it.

Is a YouTube video good enough for you? This is Trump's lawyer making the argument that the voters already voted Trump out of office, therefore he shouldn't be impeached.

He's a defence lawyer, he's using the prosecution's cards against them.

That's his job.
edit on 1622021 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's not for Van Der Veen to decide who won the election...it's not up to Trump either. It's up to Congress and the House left it to the Senate to decide via Impeachment.

The House had all the opportunity in the world to prove Biden won. The burden of proof was on the House...their choice.

I hope the Supreme Court is aware of the information you've laid out in this superb thread. It will assist them in deciding which 2020 Election-related cases to take up, when they meet this coming Friday (2.19.2021).

I think it could be argued that they can't take any of them up. Congress regulates the counting of the electoral votes so it's a 'political question.' It's only for Congress to decide. It's nonjusticiable.

SCOTUS can't say Congress was wrong when they decided the factuality of Trump's statements that he won the electoral college.

The House and Senate heard Trump's allegations in his speech and they heard the House's arguments and evidence (or lack of evidence). They had the last and only say. The verdict is not divisible, now.

edit on 2/16/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The why of its not that hard to grasp imho

Trump was a poor leader as is evidenced via his treatment of the whole COVID 19 debacle.

Biden won for the same reason Trump did last time around, he was the lesser of two evils.

And so say 81 million people apparently via there vote cast.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The Article of Impeachment incorporated those claims by reference.

...As an assertion of fact, not as a question for the Senate to decide on.

It was a fact alleged and a fact the Defense denied. And it absolutely was up to the House and Senate to decide the factuality of his claims.

The Defense did not dispute that the determination of the facts about who won the election was 'properly' before the Senate. The Defense agreed it was up to the Senate to determine the factuality of Trump's claims.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Trump was a poor leader as is evidenced via his treatment of the whole COVID 19 debacle. 

This again?

He couldn't do right from wrong in the critics' eyes.

You baited, I bit...

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No not again the Mans gone, so theirs that.

I imagine history will be the ultimate critic where Trumps treatment of the COVID 19 affair is concerned.

Telling people it would go away when the weather got better, tut, tut.

Never mind the rest of his term in office and double impeachment.

Good riddance to bad rubbish imho.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just don't know how history could possibly show Congress found Trump not guilty of making false statements when he claimed that he won the election, but..it's also a fact that Joe Biden won the election.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The way everything is fitting together makes me think that in the future there may be something major happening. I see how everything is fitting together, but cannot yet figure out how this is all going to work out.

Something is brewing and I think this is going to trash the Democrat party within two years as things unfold, and some very predominant rich individuals in our society are going to be tossed in prison....and I am thinking most of those will be Democrats. This is by no means over, the Democrats opened Pandora's box and this will lead to many top officials being charged with crimes against the government and also some of their big supporters on the Democrat side. By then our economy will be collapsed and people will have learned how the Media is also responsible. It will be too late for the majority of Americans and of course, the EU will step up and help as long as we sell our soul to them.

The EU is whom would benefit the most by all this, they want our military power to control the world. Actually, if I was a head person in the EU, I would probably believe as they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I just don't know how history could possibly show Congress found Trump not guilty of making false statements when he claimed that he won the election, but..it's also a fact that Joe Biden won the election.

History will have to resort to an extreme version of doublespeak to 'splain this one. I, for one, however, think by then it will be proven that Joe Biden did not, in fact, win the election.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It was a fact alleged and a fact the Defense denied.

t doesn't matter that the defense denied Trump's lies. That assertion wasn't the reason Trump was impeached. He was impeached for inciting insurrection. The Impeachment managers showed the manner in which Trump used lies to incite his "patriots".

The Defense agreed it was up to the Senate to determine the factuality of Trump's claims.

The defense doesn't get to make or negotiate the Senate rules. Trump was impeached for inciting an insurrection, not for telling a set lies.

edit on 16-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Telling people it would go away when the weather got better, tut, tut. 

He wasn't entirely wrong, the mortality rate lowered significantly through the warmer months.

Anyway, we don't need to worry about that Andy old boy because here in Britain we defeated Covid-19 the minute Trump left office.

Hooray!

All is well!

edit on 1622021 by Wide-Eyes because: It's late

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You need to read the Article of Impeachment.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was under the impression that majority of Senate voted "aye" on the question of "should we close the chapter on Trump because this political theater is a ridiculous distraction from our constitutional duties?" No one said anything about voting on whether the election was legitimate.

ETA the excerpt provided in the OP was in regard to being guilty of breaking the law by asserting the election was stolen. This expression is protected by the freedom of speech amendment, therefore not guilty. It doesn't mean Senate agreed with his claims but they agree with his right to broadcast his protests.

People need to pay more attention to context, like van der Veer said during the trial.
edit on 16-2-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join