It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the story goes. Who's inside your head?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As the Story goes...

Duality of self. We all hear the other voice. Seemingly, there are 2 of you. Of me. Them. They. Us. That "other" voice 1 second away and behind our everyday thoughts...right before we speak. One the cognoscente one, the other who mumbles answers and comments to us all day long from the inside.

Quite normal, its called "conscious" or "subconscious", waking-self, good angel, bad angel...but can we have a conversation with our other "self"? Or is it in fact, having a conversation internally...with us? Which one composes your words-to-page? You outside you? Or the inside one of...you?

The joke used to be "Yeah, you can talk to yourself...as long as you dont start answering yourself!" Uh, uh. We do that all the time as well. I'm addressing that voice in us internally. Reason. Denial. Expectations. Ridiculousness. Worry. Hatred. Anger. Love. Longing. Regret. The person inside that takes the subconscious thoughts out there in our heads "Yeah...what an idiot", "Wow, she has a lovely face?" and toss it outside. Teacher inside student. Interesting thought.

Ive wondered who that is inside us. Sounds like me, but speaks better. More eloquently. Confidently. Educated. But, I dont speak quite like that normally. It comes from that part of us that talks to us when composing school essays. Another voice. Another part of us? Same person. Try a test. One with no correct answers, and no 1 answer. The results can be revealing.

Because you can reach your other "you", like automatic writing, you free-flow your thoughts, eyes closed and type, key, write what you think and how you think it, when you think it. Now. Instantly. The words flow, right? But from where? Who is that person, and how'd they get inside our heads?

Dictation apps and software allow the speaker to speak non stop, without pause nor interruption of thought as to whats good or not. We dont immediately "self-edit". But in life, we really do. Its usually when one answers hesitantly..." Ummmm....er....I...." Its what comes out next like grade-school answers, because in life, they really are. Its amazing how our brains weave thoughts together...and then arbitrarily ignore the basis of thought coming out of the mouth.

Close your eyes and compose something as fast as you can, regardless of errors. As you think it, put it to page. HOW you answer quickly, off-the-cuff and right now...is the real internal "self" we hear from. Who's talkin and why dont we always sound like that? To be like that? Certainly, in positive ways, with acceptable grammar and well put and clearly defined answers and terminology, we should be listening to it. I'd like to be more like that inside-me. They. Us. Inside. Thats you talkin' to you. Me speaking for me from inside telling Mr. Outside what to and not to say. Then why dont we say things better? And not be better on the mean things we say?

It may be a time in all our lives to have a conversation with our other real selves. A meeting of the mind(s), so to speak. I think this fits the description of "spirit", this other voice. Its still us...just that part of us responsible for our compositional skills answered within the context of "free-thought' by definition...(leaving much to be desired on the outside.)...that we tend to ignore. That answer-person inside internally is the basis for us to form thought and speech on the outside. But, we edit, change, reword, correcting everything our other voice told us so academically profound to say and how to say it, because we think we should as we compose our words.

I've been sayin' that for years to myself... As the story goes...

Mysterioustranger/H.D.T.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Pray for the people inside your head
For they won't be there when you're dead
Muffled out and pushed back down
Pushed back through the leafy ground

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thought forms.
Interesting topic/post.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to many members here, it’s Trump.

But reading posts from those same people, it’s Biden in their case.

Personally, I believe it’s your conscience and always let it be your guide. Unless you’re drunk. Then never let it be your guide. But you will, more often than not.
edit on 16/2/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think maybe I could have lived life a happy man if I had of just listened to that voice in the back of my head in first place... now I think I’ve dug a trench way too deep, which not even that old subconscious can help.

Now it’s just about doing my time, a 25 to life kind of deal... paying attention to your subconscious probably doesn’t really help at a certain stage... but rather just makes you constantly dwell on what you missed out on.

Just ignore it and roll on the best you can...I find drinking helps to ignore that constant whining regret in the back of your head.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Congratulations(smfh) on being the first to twist the topic to politics.

edit on 2 16 2021 by stosh64 because: for reference

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There is definitely like a dozen voices I feel are in there on a rotating basis. I think about it quite a lot. Different mood. Different feel to “that” voice. I suppose some people are more sensitive to recognizing mood and therefore may be more prone to recognizing tone change. I am left handed and a chef. I play guitar, chess and go. I don’t ever mean to be the weird one. Apparently I give off a lively left field vibe. Hell if I know why.

Great topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Congratulations(smfh) on being the first to twist the topic to politics.

Your lot are normally the first tbf.

It’s what ATS has become, and you’ve contributed to it many times in the past.
edit on 16/2/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Quite well put!

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh yeah...lifelong guitarist, chess player myself....

Question to all? WHOSE voice do you hear when you read?
Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I know, right!

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Awesome thread!

The voice inside my head, guided me to write this spell... 😜🐸🤓

IN THE NAME OF TRUTH, LIGHT, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, MERCY, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD JAZZ
AND AS ALWAYS --- FOR THE GREATEST GOOD OF ALL
MARK THESE WORDS

The gentle voice inside our minds, that speaks with unconditional love, compassion, mercy and kindness is the voice of God.

THIS IS MY DECREE. THIS OR SOMETHING BETTER.

THIS DECREE IS, AS ALWAYS, BOTH RETROACTIVE AND PROACTIVE.

SO IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN.
SO IT HAS BEEN DONE.
SO BE IT.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

Thanks! Stay well. Both of you!😉God bless

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
As the Story goes...

Duality of self. We all hear the other voice. Seemingly, there are 2 of you. Of me. Them. They. Us. That "other" voice 1 second away and behind our everyday thoughts...right before we speak. One the cognoscente one, the other who mumbles answers and comments to us all day long from the inside.

Quite normal, its called "conscious" or "subconscious", waking-self, good angel, bad angel...but can we have a conversation with our other "self"? Or is it in fact, having a conversation internally...with us? Which one composes your words-to-page? You outside you? Or the inside one of...you?

The joke used to be "Yeah, you can talk to yourself...as long as you dont start answering yourself!" Uh, uh. We do that all the time as well. I'm addressing that voice in us internally. Reason. Denial. Expectations. Ridiculousness. Worry. Hatred. Anger. Love. Longing. Regret. The person inside that takes the subconscious thoughts out there in our heads "Yeah...what an idiot", "Wow, she has a lovely face?" and toss it outside. Teacher inside student. Interesting thought.

Ive wondered who that is inside us. Sounds like me, but speaks better. More eloquently. Confidently. Educated. But, I dont speak quite like that normally. It comes from that part of us that talks to us when composing school essays. Another voice. Another part of us? Same person. Try a test. One with no correct answers, and no 1 answer. The results can be revealing.

Because you can reach your other "you", like automatic writing, you free-flow your thoughts, eyes closed and type, key, write what you think and how you think it, when you think it. Now. Instantly. The words flow, right? But from where? Who is that person, and how'd they get inside our heads?

Dictation apps and software allow the speaker to speak non stop, without pause nor interruption of thought as to whats good or not. We dont immediately "self-edit". But in life, we really do. Its usually when one answers hesitantly..." Ummmm....er....I...." Its what comes out next like grade-school answers, because in life, they really are. Its amazing how our brains weave thoughts together...and then arbitrarily ignore the basis of thought coming out of the mouth.

Close your eyes and compose something as fast as you can, regardless of errors. As you think it, put it to page. HOW you answer quickly, off-the-cuff and right now...is the real internal "self" we hear from. Who's talkin and why dont we always sound like that? To be like that? Certainly, in positive ways, with acceptable grammar and well put and clearly defined answers and terminology, we should be listening to it. I'd like to be more like that inside-me. They. Us. Inside. Thats you talkin' to you. Me speaking for me from inside telling Mr. Outside what to and not to say. Then why dont we say things better? And not be better on the mean things we say?

It may be a time in all our lives to have a conversation with our other real selves. A meeting of the mind(s), so to speak. I think this fits the description of "spirit", this other voice. Its still us...just that part of us responsible for our compositional skills answered within the context of "free-thought' by definition...(leaving much to be desired on the outside.)...that we tend to ignore. That answer-person inside internally is the basis for us to form thought and speech on the outside. But, we edit, change, reword, correcting everything our other voice told us so academically profound to say and how to say it, because we think we should as we compose our words.

I've been sayin' that for years to myself... As the story goes...

Mysterioustranger/H.D.T.

There is a study I read which suggested that the two half's of the brain would " talk" to each other as an audible halucination in the past before it became one unified organ.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

Its ok to talk to oneself...but, when we start answering ourselves...then we have an issue.

Its amazing how much we silently communicate...with ourselves in stores, walks, paying bills etc....

THAT guy inside....prob has it more together than me!

top topics

join