It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it So Hard to Believe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That we are living in a world created by the true God? That he always existed and does hold all power and wisdom and might. That a time came when he decided to create.

This God who is all powerful is beyond all things love. And he created out of love. First in the heavenly invisible realm, beyond the physical a real far more vast and incredible than the one we can perceive with the eyes. And from that realm the universe came into existence because of his immense power.

And eventually the sun and our earth were formed and the planets put into orbit and the moon and land appeared and life began to fill the sea and the air and the dry ground and finally humankind was formed out of the dust of the ground.

That the invisible spirit universe is filled with magnificent beings of such splendor and wonder, spirits that do God's bidding. And among them one coveted the worship of humankind and got the first human couple to rebel, to disobey.

That a universal war commenced on earth with humankind as the pawns in a rebel son of God's bid to rest control away from God. Why he would think he could ever possibly outwit, outmaneuver, or outdo God is beyond stupid but he did.

That a faithful record of these events were recorded for posterity in the pages of the Bible. Inspired by God's holy spirit, canon, holy, clean, and true.

People the world over for thousands of years yearning and wanting to know the purpose of life, how we got here, is there a God, why do we suffer? And all of these things are answered in the pages of the Bible. It teaches humankind our origin, God purpose of earth. The reason why suffering exists, the universal war that is being waged.

It tells us what happens when we die. It tells us what will be in the future. And it is because God loves us with such great a love.

Satan is the name of the evil spirit that lied to Adam and Eve. He is the ruler of the world and he has the whole world deceived. He is a liar and a murderer.

All teachings that go against God's word are wrong, false, bad.

God sees everyone sincere in heart. He is the hearer of prayer and by means of his holy spirit, his holy angels, and his visible organization on earth preaching about his kingdom rule he is seeking all rightly disposed people now, and in the future when he resurrects untold billions back to life on a perfected paradise earth they will be taught the truth.

The Bible is canon. It is faithful and true. It is true history.

Looking at the news and watching the justice system pervert justice, and seeing how people in power manipulate, lie, and twist truth for their own evil ends you can see how important it is for truth and justice. For a standard of right and wrong. A need to defend righteousness, goodness, truth, and mercy.

God never lies. All political and religious institution that speak contrary to God's word have to be liars, knowingly or unknowingly. All scientific, philosophical, and religious teaching that goes against God's word must be false.

Why believe false religious doctrines that go against what God has shown us in his word the Bible? Why believe false promises of world leaders who do not know the way?

The Bible says when you die you are dead. It says that God rescued mankind out of sin and death by providing a ransom from sin by sending his son into the world for our sins, Jesus Christ. He died once and for all times for all who exercise faith in the son of man.

The Bible says that there is a spiritual reality just as there is a physical one. And that in the spiritual invisible spirits reside. It says that the highest of all is God and his name is Jehovah. It says that spirits rebelled and they became wicked spirits, demons. The word demon comes from the Greek daemon and means ancient wise ones.

These ancient demonic entities exist and mislead people. They roam the earth. They even interact with people, even on this site.

Jehovah is far more active, and his holy spirit is all powerful.

Is this just all a fable? Is it so hard to believe this is the real truth behind it all?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What about summoning Angels to do battle, to prove my God, Yehovah, is bigger then yours?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

This isn't about petulant children having a fight.

It's about reality.

Reality will continue to exist even when all evil is done away with:

For I became envious of the arrogant
When I would see the peace of the wicked.
 4 For they have no pain in their death;
Their bodies are healthy.
 5 They are not troubled like other humans,
Nor do they suffer like other men.
 6 Therefore, haughtiness is their necklace;
Violence clothes them as a garment.
 7 Their prosperity makes their eyes bulge;
They have exceeded the imaginations of the heart.
 8 They scoff and say evil things.
They arrogantly threaten oppression.
 9 They speak as if they were as high as heaven,
And their tongues swagger about in the earth.
10 So his people turn aside to them,
And they drink from their abundant water.
11 They say: “How does God know?
Does the Most High really have knowledge?”

When I tried to understand it,
It was troubling to me
17 Until I entered the grand sanctuary of God,
And I discerned their future.
18 Surely you place them on slippery ground.
You make them fall to their ruin.
19 How suddenly they are devastated!
How sudden is their finish as they come to a terrible end!
20 Like a dream when one wakes up, O Jehovah,
When you rouse yourself, you will dismiss their image.
21 But my heart was sour,
And deep inside I felt sharp pain.
22 I was unreasoning and lacked understanding;
I was like a senseless beast before you.
23 But now I am continually with you;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
24 You guide me with your advice,
And afterward you will lead me to glory.

Psalm 73

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You just forgot to add God in His wisdom and compassion sent His Son, Jesus the Creator, Word of God, a third part of the Trinity, down to earth to heal and restore the relationship between mankind and our Father YHWH, that Jesus an individual part of the Godhead died so that whomever asked should receive salvation, at no cost

Unless you are one of those members of that J,W.com cult who hides pedophiles?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightHawk

But it is petulant, childish fight, sincr this about children...gods children. That, an for I am jealous.
edit on 15-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yeah it is so hard to believe. A compassionate God wouldnt allow this to continue or allow some mythical creature like Satan to take the blame for the crap we see in the world

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Good for you, for offering the challenge. This forum is certainly a battle-ground, though not as vicious as it used to be.
As a former-atheist and present Christian, I can offer some observations on the psychology of unbelief.
For one thing, there's the issue of trust. The essence of faith is trust. A site based on conspiracy theory is distrusting everything by definition.
Also the issue of judgement. Of course there is the gospel teaching of forgiveness, but not believing in a God with the authority to judge gets people off the hook more quickly.

edit on 15-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Pretty slick how you fail to mention Jesus once....

Really, really strange....or is it?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Why you say? I say which Bible?

en.wikipedia.org...

With nearly 3,000 versions to go by, which one is THE one? And why?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What about I read half the 'book' and got it covered...

Don't make me lay the law on you human...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Is your creator god capable of anything?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Honestly, the question is redundant. The majority of the worlds population believes in a deity we generically call God, but by other names depending on the culture you were raised in. What is hard to believe is that only your religion got it right and all the others got it wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Honestly, the question is redundant. The majority of the worlds population believes in a deity we generically call God, but by other names depending on the culture you were raised in. What is hard to believe is that only your religion got it right and all the others got it wrong.

There can be only one version of the truth. Truth by it's very nature is exclusive. If you doubt that, just try taking the wallet of someone who says that truth is relative; tell them it's your truth that their money belongs to you and you'll see how far that relative truth thing goes.

If truth about a few dollars in your pocket is non-negotiable, then cosmic truth about the origins of the universe and the purpose of existence would be even more so. There can't be multiple and conflicting versions of the truth, else it ceases to be truth.

It, then, become incumbent on each individual to seek out truth. Some will get it wrong. Everyone can't be right.
:
edit on 2021 2 15 by incoserv because: clarification.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

All teachings that go against God's word are wrong, false, bad.

That's one major issue. The same reasons you follow your religion of faith, is very similair to why hundreds of other religions are followed.
God also gifted us logic and knew that many would resolve to athiesm as some do not want to just "believe " without evidence. Without science and logic understanding.

Therefore, if everyone is wrong except those of your faith, then they are doomed to hell?

And all because they were born into a different culture and society. Or because they think differently than you.

And God, in his all-knowing capacity, would know that it is then impossible for all to follow the correct faith and version of a God's 'word".

So God sends billions to hell all because they were not born in the right society and without the right personality. Therefore, God chooses to send billions to hell as he is an all knowing creator.

See... none of this religious stuff makes sense. It almost always boils down to blind belief.

God is a fairy tale for adults. People who want to be told what to believe. People who are afraid of the unknown so they believe in religion to fill that hole.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
Nice post. I starred it because it was well stated, but contextually, it has little to do with what I said. I didn't argue there was more than one truth. I simply stated...

What is hard to believe is that only your religion got it right and all the others got it wrong.

edit on 2/15/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: Raggedyman

What about I read half the 'book' and got it covered...

Don't make me lay the law on you human...

www.youtube.com...

Antanomianism, it’s a real word and it really means something

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Exactly. Not to mention the many denominations of various religions. And most are just born into whatever religion they choose to believe their whole life.

How many Christians become hindus, muslims to christians, buddhists to evangelicals ect... So much depends on your family and society.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You can't judge someone before they do the crime, even if you know they will do the crime, because it will be the same as judging someone who hasn't done a crime - you have to wait until all is said and done before you judge. That's why wickedness goes on: because he is just to wait. Only an unjust god would judge before it's over.

Mommy why does God make bad people? He makes them so they can be judged.

Proverbs 16:4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

The day of evil is judgment day.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Is it So Hard to Believe?

The simple answer is yes. It really, really is.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The whole issue in the Garden with the temptation in the first place was who was better to judge right and wrong? Was it God or mankind (i.e. you personally)? It was on that question humankind fell because Eve felt she was a better judge than God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join