It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ghost photo that Art Bell loved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I found this pic on an old flash drive. Wow...memories. About 20 years ago, Art posted the pic on his Coast-To-Coast site.
I used to listen all the time, but I missed that show. Art had a short story about how he was so intrigued by the photo, that he called the guy in Michigan at 2 A.M.! Art was genuinely freaked out. I copied a jpeg of the photo from the site. The pic was taken with a 35mm camera.

To my surprise, Jeff, the guy who took the photo, recently posted a vid on YouTube, with audio of that show from 1999! Jeff pretty much downplays the ghost thing. He has said that although the pic is strange and interesting, he hasn't tried to claim it's a ghost.

The Denton Road ghost:

The YT clip:

edit on 14-2-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I love this photo, and the Art Bell reaction made it all the better.

The more I looked at it over the years, the more I was able to explain it away in my own eyes, but it's still a favourite.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It looks like it’s just a weird double exposure type thing. The “ghost” sure has a really similar body position to that of the person in the photo.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

It looks like it’s just a weird double exposure type thing. The “ghost” sure has a really similar body position to that of the person in the photo.

I agree.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Shutter? Aperture?

No smoking, humidity dry...

Now heres one I deliberately set the camera to capture me...

Simple pic. btw i have many of this one pic but i had to reduce the area to fit on ATS.

My thing is, if I didn't capture the photo or evp myself... then it is probably bs because I know exactly exactly what I went in search of... I'm tired of people saying I have PROOF!. Nothing I posted is proof. Except me... I weeded out the bullsh!t and did it myself.

However, S&F🤗

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I like this pic. Loved Art Bell.
If you zoom in on the “ghost “ it appears
To be a lady with a purse on her right shoulder.
Or at least to me.
Nice thread!

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I found this pic on an old flash drive. Wow...memories. About 20 years ago, Art posted the pic on his Coast-To-Coast site.
I used to listen all the time, but I missed that show. Art had a short story about how he was so intrigued by the photo, that he called the guy in Michigan at 2 A.M.! Art was genuinely freaked out. I copied a jpeg of the photo from the site. The pic was taken with a 35mm camera.

To my surprise, Jeff, the guy who took the photo, recently posted a vid on YouTube, with audio of that show from 1999! Jeff pretty much downplays the ghost thing. He has said that although the pic is strange and interesting, he hasn't tried to claim it's a ghost.

The YT clip:

Denton Road is 5 minutes from my mothers house.

True story: in the 70's a friend told us about the ghost at the Denton Road bridge - there's a stream that run under it - so a bunch of us went out there including my mother and a bunch of neighbors went out there one night to see if we could see a ghost. It was one of those summer nights where the lows were in the 80s. A real heat wave. Sadly, we didn't but man, there were a bunch of really cold spots there. That was before I knew anything about cold spots and the like.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That and the hair on the anomaly resembles the subject's as well. Either a double exposure or some other exposure related artifact in my opinion. Still a pretty cool effect. There seems to be the beginning of another artifact of the subject's head.

originally posted by: KansasGirl

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've always believed they are all around us. For me, this picture is all the evidence I need.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I remember that one,it was talked about quite a bit at the time.

Do you remember another from that time called the "demon dog photo?"
I think Art bell also covered that one.

Ghost/Demon or not,when it appeared in the photo over the guys shoulder,it made him freak out when he saw the picture,and turn his life around from being a drug addict!

www.elitereaders.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yea, the demon dog pic caused quite a stir!

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

although it's most likely just a photo anamoly, it still makes you wonder if it could be a ghost following the woman

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That's exactly why I love it. It's imaginative and not obviously fake. It reminds me of being a kid, developing critical thinking skills and being excited to be scared.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Around 20 years ago I decided to pursue my passion for the paranormal and joined Ghoststudy. I ooohed and aaahed over the photos posted in the forums and website's "ghostly gallery".

I did other research as well, and after afew years decided to try ghost hunting. Bought a camera, a nightvison videocam, digital recorder and joined up with a local paranormal group for some investigations.

Using the camera, I quickly learned about things like glare, exhaled breath, dust and bug 'orbs" and all other kinds of things that looked odd but had a normal explanation. I have had a few of what I consider real paranormal experiences and EVPs. But in the end, photos prove nothing

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I saw a ghost like this one, but I didn't take a photo of her. In real she is actually invisible, hard to see, and they usually wear nice dress. They have the ability to look like ghosts, but actually members of secret societies. They use advanced technology but they are actually people like us.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SpiderMastermind1
This is so vintage ATS and I'm here for it.

new topics

top topics

join