It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerry Andersons UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Does anyone remember this show? It used to air on independent channels in the early 70s. Its a bit campy by modern standards, but it was a really good show. This was actually the indirect precursor to Space 1999. Gerry Anderson was of course known for his marionette Sci fi shows like Fireball XL5 and Thunderbirds. He also made on feature length science fiction film called Journey to the far side of the sun, which is a classic and well worth watching, At any rate all the episodes of UFO have been restored and are on Amazon Prime right now to watch

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-2-2021 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

S.H.A.D.O.

Yaaaay o/. I LOVED that series. Even made a t-shirt design with images from the series.
Defo gonna go watch it now πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ah, it was a staple for my prepubescent self. I remember the weird, green missile-nosed ski-tripod intercept ships, tubby saucers and "alien" twins with miniskirts and platinum blonde bobs, for some reason.

I wonder what it would be like to see now? The other tv shows that shaped me didn't age as well as I did.
edit on 2/14/2021 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Best Sci-Fi of its day.
I still watch on Tubi (?)
Commander Straker (Ed Bishop)
edit on 2/14/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

UFO is still airing , available in the UK on Freeview - the Forces Channel I think.... Ayesha Brough *sigh*

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Sadly Sci-fi has been a bit wanting in recent years. I think The Expanse and Altered Carbon are among the best recent releases. A lot of stuff I've seen has a great premise underneath it all but poor writing, acting , and budget mismanagement seem to hobble a great deal of production. Sometimes I have to wonder if crappy sci-fi and horror movies are just a money laundering operation where money just falls into a black hole of accounting.

I guess the simple explanation for sci-fi at least is that it's hard to write a believable plot and it takes effort to research scientific principles and stretch them in a believable manner. I constantly look through prime and Netflix sci-fi choices to just be disappointed. Although it was cool to see a production of Ender's Game, granted like most books turned movie it glossed over a lot of points. I still hope they'll carry out the series.

Oh and if you haven't seen Altered Carbon or The Expanse you should check it out.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I tried searching prime for it but the only thing that came up was to buy it rather than it being included with prime 😞

new topics

top topics

join