It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some insight on Anarchism, and why all Anarchists aren't the same.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Sure thing. When I have time. I've been out all day and about to watch some Farscape with my girl.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: elementalgrove

Sure thing. When I have time. I've been out all day and about to watch some Farscape with my girl.

I appreciate your time!

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good thread
I like theory of it but don't think it's practical as the 'power vacuum' usually means the most violent and brutal gain the most power.

What is the difference between Anarcho-Capitalism and the Free Market or Randian Economics/Philosopy in your opinion? Would tradition monetary systems be removed or would currencies become decentralised?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Good thread
I like theory of it but don't think it's practical as the 'power vacuum' usually means the most violent and brutal gain the most power.

Most pragmatic Anarchists will openly admit its more about working towards an ideal than something that will happen overnight. It certainly isnt something that can arise in centralized paradigms (that have existed since the Neolithic Revolution).

Id personally state that Anarchy simply isnt feasible without the right tools and technology. Particularly advancements that directly target and negate the points of leverage historically used to keep people "in line." Manufacturing, food, energy, communications, etc.

We are pretty much there though. At the very least, we are close enough that building the framework here and now is a good idea. Particularly when considering the overall benefit in a culture/information war against massive centralized Monoliths.

What is the difference between Anarcho-Capitalism and the Free Market or Randian Economics/Philosopy in your opinion? Would tradition monetary systems be removed or would currencies become decentralised?

I only speak for myself, but I dont believe Anarchy is tenable within current currency paradigms. However, since currency is essentially just tracking "work done," it can be looked at much more diversely as a general representative concept.

That said, the tools and technology that would enable Anarchy would also open the door to quite a variety of currency systems. Everything from blockchain to real-time compensation based on quality of work is viable.

We could even see a system that compensates and protects in the same way as something like a patent. If you came up with an idea, we could have some sort of unique ID that becomes incorporated into the "blockchain" of an idea as it spreads through our civilization. In this way, an entire chain of credit for work done can be created. Lets say Einstein introduced relativity in such a paradigm; everything based on it would have that unique ID embedded in the data. Depending on societal impact, or even level of benefit (tougher to turn into code), it would compensate the original creator in real time. As well as adding the unique IDs of those that take it and refine it, advance it, etc. So, someone who took the original idea significantly further than the original creator could be compensated at a higher rate than the originator.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It may shock some to know that I am an anarchist. I think we should have social anarchy right now, there is no need to wait. As far as true anarchy, we will be ready for that one day. For now, the best use the legal authority is to keep stupid people from making everyone pissed enough to string them up. So you get stuff like traffic laws.

One day that won't be needed to maintain a civil structure. For now, we don't have much choice. But we should still keep the necessary evil of government at its most minimal state for the good of all humans.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I cant remember where I heard it (maybe even from someone like Tim Pool?), but it goes something like: "as long as people dont put their shopping carts back, we arent ready for true Anarchy."

Naturally, that doesnt mean we cant work towards it.. the technology that would enable Anarchy is pretty much already here after all. But, its a fun & accurate metric in my book.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Id say that is a true generalization. I didn't return my carts until i was near 30. It was an awakening of my place in the grand structure of society that made me start.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've been leaning towards anarchism of late, although maybe minarchism is a better descriptor.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Anarchy is defined as no ruler. Every American on a State that is a Constitutionalist is an anarchist. Of course they are different.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Extreme anarchist here. Nothing can be until what is has been torn down. I don't think it matters what anarcho faction anyone self identifies with, no form of anarchy may exist until humans have evolved to understand true authority cannot be contrived by government or any other systemic or ideological control apparatus or structure.

And without consensus, deconstructed organisation cannot exist without conflict and bloodshed, ie not anarchy but mayhem.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join