It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic Mirror is Broken

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ask the people of Raleigh
edit on 14-2-2021 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Thanks, I had never heard of Barry Nelson.

I think the sign does refer to him, and also to the notorious author of the series, and real life spy,
Ian Fleming. Obtusely linking it to a real "tradecraft" operation.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

What does the fox say?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot into hell.

- DAVID XANATOS

edit on 14-2-2021 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Popular interpretation of 'The Thinker' and what it actually looks like are not necessarily the same thing.

The photo from its unveiling in 1906 in this article

www.musee-rodin.fr...

says it's the same now as it was then.
edit on 14/2/2021 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

As to the exact origin of the above proverb, it's unknown, but the earliest known text resembling the phrase occurs in Virgils Aeneid.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

The idea behind the mandela effect is that it changes all copies and pictures of the artifact, except for generally small amounts of "residue", things that either show or represent the original.

What you have shown does not invalidate the theory, supports it even.

Because it involves alternate timelines, parallel universes, with each shift and merging, some people from the old timeline will remember the "original" artifact, and some the new.

Both will be correct.

Respectfully wonder how would you explain the quote from the sculptor, Auguste Rodin, kindly posted by zosimov on page 1 of this thread -

"with his clenched fist and gripping toes"

Doubt the sculptor would have trouble with interpretation.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A timely reminder, the path is narrow.
Thank you 😊

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Apparently "life is about the journey, not the destination". Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sound like self-help, mindfulness, bullcrap to me all the same.

I mean try telling that to some poor wee circumcised African girl, that has to walk 20 miles each day to a clean water source, in both directions, then when she returns home get beasted all ways by a Man 5 times her age, that she's been sold or married to by her own family, and i imagine it would go down like a lead balloon.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I do remember the original james bond.
was watching a game show a few days ago and there were multiple choice questions.
Question was who was the original Bond?
three answers there the original was not one of them.
The answer was Sean Connery and i said no it's not because i saw the original.
I'm 65 plus and i aint senile lol

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Makes me wonder what position the one I saw in the Chicago museum of art was in? I took several pics of it but on some hd not installed.

But a quick search says theres dozens of castings of this sculpture in several sizes. I always thought he had his first knuckle resting on his lower lip, but I could easily be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

"Mirror, mirror on the wall" line has changed to "Magic mirror on the wall" in Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

I ran a survey that to date as received over 30k responses.  When it reached over 25,000 I did a report about the results.  The study included 7 questions suspected to have a Mandela Effect associated with them and 2 controls.  The 2 controls showed that people who were extremely confident when answering questions about stuff from 20+ years ago were able to get it right 95% or more of the time.  When scrubbing the survey results to narrow down just to extremely confident people who were asked about this effect 90.7% of people remember the line as "Mirror mirror."  
steemit.com

Well 90.7% of people remembering "mirror, mirror" is a lot! Wonder what the percentage would be with this one?

⭐

I formerly worked in a glass and mirror shop. Whenever I had a mirror on the table and my boss would walk through, he would always say, "Mirror, mirror", for 20 years he said that!
I just watched Young Frankenstein, again, and realized where I got the idea to call those bears the Berensteen Bears! So, why don't we say "Froderick"?
I'm a bit of a car guy, worked at a service station back in the 70's in high school. My dad was an engineer for General Motors. The Mandela effect has changed the lug bolt pattern for General Motors cars. 5-lug Chevy fit Buick, Olds, and Pontiac, Cadillac was alone. Now there are 2 different patterns that are not interchangeable, like they were, forever, for those cars. 2 years ago a friend gave me a set of wheels for my 63 Chevy, off of his 66 Chevy. They would not fit, and my mind is blown!! I looked up on the interwebs, and sure enough, 2 sizes are now listed for GM cars.
I could go on, but have other stuff to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
I do remember the original james bond.
was watching a game show a few days ago and there were multiple choice questions.
Question was who was the original Bond?
three answers there the original was not one of them.
The answer was Sean Connery and i said no it's not because i saw the original.
I'm 65 plus and i aint senile lol

I believe that Connery was the first to play Bond in a movie, Nelson was the first in a 1954 TV series, 2 years after the book. However, eight years later, Rodger Moore was in a similar role as Simon Templar in "The Saint" that started in 1962 when the first 007 movie came out. Moore finally played Bond in 1973.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yes 😊 That is what the reality of this information posits. Rather than controlling us, ultimately it will set us free.

When was being able to choose which version of reality one wanted to be in ever a matter of gaining freedom? Increased choice is not synonymous with gain of freedom. In fact it has nothing to do with it.

All eastern religions teach us that reality is samsara (bondage to illusion) and one only experiences TRUE freedom by bringing to an end the karmic need to be in reality - whatever version it may take due to some Mandela Effect.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

He who is unable to dance says that the yard is stony. — Masai proverb

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Most of us are not there yet, and getting there, to true freedom from karmic bonds, in samsara, entails a path in time.

It is the Path.

Which is a choice, a timeline, that could be blocked by something like the mandela effect.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

So you remember the fist to forehead version?

There is multiple copies of numerous mandela effected objects, they all change.

Would be great find a pic of one that's not been changed to knuckle sucker, that's known as residue, and helps prove the point.

How about an IBM PS/2 commercial from 1989?

However, I recall having seen this one a few years ago as the "forehead" version, not the "cheekbone" (that was new for me!). Who's making fun of us?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Doc Lithium

That's awesome, well done finding it and thanks for posting the evidence here

So a 4th version exists... a 4th way.

Reminds me of this, there is
4 north poles

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also found this character, coincidence?

The Thinker is the alias of four villains from DC Comics. They are primarily enemies of the superhero known as The Flash. 

villains.fandom.com...

edit on 15-2-2021 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doc Lithium

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

So you remember the fist to forehead version?

There is multiple copies of numerous mandela effected objects, they all change.

Would be great find a pic of one that's not been changed to knuckle sucker, that's known as residue, and helps prove the point.

How about an IBM PS/2 commercial from 1989?

However, I recall having seen this one a few years ago as the "forehead" version, not the "cheekbone" (that was new for me!). Who's making fun of us?

I watched a lot of tv in 89. I never seen that commerical. Let alone IBM ever having a commerical. My mind was first blown by the Ford truck symbol. It still looks weird to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The main point about is that it's complete crap based on imperfect recall.

People would rather re-write history than admit they don't remember stuff properly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join