It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Judge a Nation for it's Leaders or It's People?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What will never, as it appears, cease to astound me, is the the American people's, the "We the people", crass ignorance of the Constitution of the United States, the very Law of the Land.

The "Popular Election" is a total, and utterly psychopathologic, decades enduring circus of literally zero import as far as the presidential election is concerned. The "Electoral College", as they baptized it (the USC calls these "Great Electors" simply "electors", for there are no others in the eyes of the const.) is the sole class of people graced with electoral privilege, each elector is selected by his state's legislature, not by the people. Each elector can choose whomever he sees fit, the state's "Popular Election" notwithstanding, for he is a free agent lest the USC should be harmed and the president's retributive effect be felt: "Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."" (II.1)

Why is constraining the Electoral College's ballot in any way anticonstitutional?

The USC demands that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" (I.4), according to the American Heritage Dictionary, a republic is "A political order in which ***the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote*** for officers and representatives responsible to them”, this body of citizens is the Electoral College. The electors are sovereign in their voting, to force them would destroy the republic and contradict the USC.

Americans, you have been living in a virtual reality, a house of mirrors for very long, most of what you believe is false.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hmmm, I have given a lot of thought about this; particulary because I am reading a book that discusses this very topic. When I look at Christ's life and sayings I observe two things. First the Jews (Israelis) were looking for a Messiah that would lift from them the Roman yoke, i.e. that would liberate them and restore Israel to independent status free of Roman Rule. What they got instead was Jesus Christ who took no interest in fighting the Romans or waving his hand and commanding a host of Angels to obliterate the Romans and their Army. Rather, He preached the good news of eternal salvation. Rather han overturning Roman rule immediately, he overturned the tables of the money changers. By establishing the Christian Church Jesus did ultimately overturn Roman rule by way of conversion. He, His Apostles and Disciples converted millions of human hearts, minds and souls to "The Way" of Christian life, love and teaching and ultimately the Emperor Constantine himself converted to Christianity and ultimately the Roman Empire collapsed under its own weight of internal corruption.

Second, in talking about Rome, Christ simply said, "Render unto Ceasar that which is Cesar's and to God that which is God's". He didn't poke the bear; He posed no immediate threat to the Romans and their rule. He came to offer HImself as the ultimate sacrifice for the salvation of souls by making reparation to God for original sin. He repaired the covenant between God and Human kind and thus openned the path to salvation.

Whether God/Jesus judges nations or not, I can not say. As you point out, we are ultimately judged by God. To accomodate or attempt to somehow reconcile with evil to hold it at bay is ultimately to be complicit with that evil. Thus, for example, to support by voting the murder and killing of unborn innocents is to be complicit with those who advocate such practices and those who carry them out. For that we would be judged. Thus it would appear that Joe Biden and his "America" have damned themselves in God's eyes. That doubtless explains their hatred for God and their embrace of the Prince of Darkness, the Author of Death.

Further Affiant sayeth not.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: network dude

Spiritually, there is some question about how much God was involved in the shaping of the nation. If He was involved, then He could indeed judge us as a whole.

Considering the Democrats have turned their back on Him as a party and they now rule ... well, we could be in for it.

I may not have lead a perfect life, but I feel confident enough to be ready to welcome the Return of Christ and the end of this particular game. If we all go at the same time, there can be no mistake or hard feelings.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Id like to believe that God judges his said children equally an fair to their own, but much is left to the believer in hindsight anyway.

That said, pride before the Sun, will surely crash an burn...and no or too much rain.
edit on 13-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That's the real trick isn't it?

Keeping yourself spiritually ready so that whether you keel over dead at your keyboard or Christ calls us all home in some Rapture or descends during the End of Days to mountain, you're good with Him.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Anthropomorphizing God. Something a Libertine would do.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The Bible says for people to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling.

God is not a respecter of persons ,which, corporately, would have you believe they are people.

God also says that each will answer for every word spoken and deed in the body (I believe this is the unsaved, not the saved) and that even saved people will have a form of judgement, that being they are dis-inherited and so go to paradise naked, as it were.

My two cents. Collective judgments is evil because it destroys individual choices and reasoning.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Atheists: There is no God, so do whatever you need to in order to gain power, be successful, get money, obtain personal gratification. There are no consequences so you are free to do whatever you must to others in order to obtain personal power, success, money and gratification. Because this is all there is.

So do you think that not believing in God, automatically makes you a greedy power-hungry asshole?

You may find this hard to believe, but it's actually possible for someone to not believe in God, while still being an all-around good person.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

That's why the collective salvation and liberation theologies are so wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It is possible, but works without salvation are as dust.

You will be judged by the old law and not one is righteous.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Depends.

Is it OT God or contemporary God?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How would one know? It aint like the G-man has a Twitter page or C-Span channel to let us know the score.

And on one hand we are supposed to give Ceaser his coin and shut up, whilst on the other we are to be Jesus like and throw the money changers out. WTF man.....

Damn you Constantine! you did that snip on purpose!

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yeah that's a bit backwards.

Guess I'm being judged because I cant fake faith.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Let me ask you this.

What is your opinion of someone who believes in doing good for goodness sake and not expecting any reward for it in a supposed afterlife?

Is that not more sincere?

edit on 13-2-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He drowned everybody in the great flood. He smote the all people of Sodom and Gomorrah. He punished all the Israelites for worshipping the golden calf that their leader Aaron gave them. He ordered the murder of all men, boys and pregnant and other non-virgin women, and the enslavement of virgin women and children of the city/nations that the Hebrews captured, after God ordered them to take cities/nations. He allowed the enslavement of the Hebrew people in Babylon.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Both.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Spiritually, there is some question about how much God was involved in the shaping of the nation. If He was involved, then He could indeed judge us as a whole.

Considering the Democrats have turned their back on Him as a party and they now rule ... well, we could be in for it.

I think America is undergoing a time of judgement. We all got lazy and let things slide that should never have been let slide.

But- if enough people repent, I believe our judgement will be lessened, in both severity and duration.

Just my gut feeling. And we do need to get our sh!t together again. Look at what we’ve allowed to happen with our “representatives” in DC, for example. We stopped checking on them and watching what they were doing and holding them accountable long ago. Now the system is rotten to the core. Absolutely putrid and decayed, through and through. Now they are used to doing absolutely whatever they want with zero accountability, and now that people are starting to make a fuss about it, they are doubling down on their criminality and lawlessness. Right out in the open. So it’s gonna be ugly. i

And that’s just regarding the politics and workings of our government- that doesn’t even address the moral rot we’ve allowed.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Depends.

Is it OT God or contemporary God?

They're the same God. Why do you think Jesus was so necessary and important? He was the ultimate perfect sacrifice to atone for all sins so that we can be reconciled to God.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As if god cares about nations. God judges individuals based on obesity levels and baldness. Trust me, I have a personal relationship with god. He (using he/him/they pronouns) spoke to me. I also saw it written on a bathroom wall. So now I've got both personal experience and written word. Which is just about as viable as anyone else's take. Luckily I'm thin and kept my hair. Enjoy hell heathens! God also told me hell is real and it sucks hard.

ps - OMG... unless I interpreted it all wrong and heaven is only for fat bald people. God only knows! Ugh, I better spend a good portion of my life devoted to, & thinking about most-likely-to-not-be-true things. That'll be productive.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

'kinel dude, chill!

😂

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join