It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get served last

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

But like every relationship it's a two way street. Of course there are bad bartenders but I assure you the customers have them beat 100 to 1.

Yes tipping is completely optional, 100%. And so is serving you when it's busy lol. So many people can't understand this...

Don't be rude yelling when the bars packed. Just stand there holding CASH. Forget the credit card. Face the bar, put away for phone for 3 seconds. Know what you want and be quick about it. Get your drinks leave a cash tip and gtfo...I guarantee you won't wait long next time.

This is advice when the bar is packed which I guess won't happen ever again lol but time is money to a bartender so don't waste it.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: DAVID64

It's always possible that occasionally, that 'rude' person actually could have already been sitting/standing there quietly/peacefully waiting for 15 minutes or more, while being completely ignored the entire time, and also seeing other people come up, get served, and walk away. Eventually, they reach the point where they feel that they have to make noise, otherwise they will not be seen.

Most of the time, you're probably right and they're just being an ass, but maybe not always.

Yep, around here, the polite ones are the ones that get overlooked. I know, I'm always that person. That said, I'd never bang a bottle on the bar.
edit on 13/2/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh hell no. Where I work, you get a refill in under a minute. I'm talking that rude a$$hole who thinks they come first, no matter what.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not procedure, it's being polite.

Try going to a restaurant and banging your glass on the table to tell the service person you want a refill.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Try going to a restaurant and banging your glass on the table to tell the service person you want a refill.

That's much more risky. They might take your glass to an area where you can't see them.

Just a guess, but I bet you work in a college town, don't ya?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Jesus, I would pay $20 a pint just to sit in my local pub and BS with the owners again.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sounds like the OP is an example of "How to not get a decent tip".

Being a dick is one thing, but if you see I need a drink, or I bring to your attention I need a drink, unless the bar is slammed, bring a damned drink.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Being a professional musician, when I play at bars I get my drinks for free. I still tip heavily, though. But, I also see the type the OP is talking about. There are rude people everywhere and there are even posters in this thread trying to stick up for them, for some reason. Rude people are bad in any situation and have a tendency to ruin things for the good people. Don't be a rude person and ruin someone else's night. Everything isn't about you, you narcissists.

TCB

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

It's not being rude if you set an empty drink at the back of the bar and the barkeep passes back and forth, back and forth, multiple times, and you have to bring to to his or her attention.

Unless they are completely slammed and have lines of people, it's just a bad bartender.
edit on 13-2-2021 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I worked as a bartender in college at a really hot club. Honestly, I've seen it both ways, and many times too. You have rude customers, and you have arrogant bartenders. It can really go either way. We had two bars in the club, and about 3 bartenders working each bar (with about 3 bar-backs working both bars supplying ice, washing glasses and keeping the beer coolers full). We'd have people 4 and 5 deep at the bar all night on most nights. It was crazy but it was fun.

You'd see the bar get what we called 'lobsided' with customers sometimes, and you'd know something was up. It was usually a bartender copping an attitude or having a bad day. All the customers would move to another section of the bar. You got to know many customers too. There were good ones and bad ones. Good customers were fast; fast ordering and fast paying with money ready and the right bills, and get out of the way. Bad customers would hem and haw, insist on having their entire party at the bar before they'd order, always have big bills which required changing, or had some goofy instructions (or all of the above). Discussions about who was paying were the most frustrating.

The way our bar worked was all the cocktail waitstaff pooled their tips with the bartenders. Then, we split the tips with everyone at the end of the night...evenly across everyone (but with different percentages for different roles). This kept dynasties from forming (and they absolutely will if you don't do it this way). Bad bartenders pulled everyone down, just like a bad cocktail waitress did, and they got ran off. If you hustled you made lots of money. I made tons of money at that job! Bad customers didn't tip, but bad staff attitudes were even worse because then no one tipped.

It's a two way street.

ETA - Oh, and if a customer banged their bottle on the bar...they'd get a warning the first time (in very certain terms). Next time they did it they got thrown out! Zero tolerance for that BS!
edit on 2/15/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
banging a bottle on the bar is new to me, sounds like a good way to annoy the bartender.
never worked at a bar but the few people i knew who have, waving money seems to be the worst thing, they're not pole dancers, they know why your there, just give them 2 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join