It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo & Fukushima shaken hard as powerful earthquake strikes off Japan’s east coast

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan’s Fukushima prefecture on Saturday, violently shaking the cities on the eastern seaboard and prompting fears of a tsunami.

It was also registered as the highest possible on the local Japan Meteorological Agency Seismic Intensity Scale. A 7 quake in Japan indicates a violent, heavy earthquake which can shake people and objects around, destroy buildings, and crack the ground.

Tokyo & Fukushima shaken hard as powerful earthquake strikes off Japan’s east coast

Is the Fukushima plant still leaking? Hopefully this new earthquake didn't just cause even more problems.
edit on 2/13/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/13/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I tried posting this but the post button wasn't there.

Scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Tsunami warning has not been issued.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Is the Fukushima plant still leaking? Hopefully this new earthquake didn't just cause even more problems.

It's not leaking, however, there is controlled discharge from the subdrain and groundwater drain systems. It's the solid waste and contaminated soil that, in my opinion, would be the most issue but only if a tsunami hits. There is not a tsunami warning right now.
edit on 13/2/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I just keep telling myself it's Japan they're prepared for
events like this. Then those thoughts are crushed by the
palm of my hand slapping my forehead when I think Fukushima.

Not welcome news at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

7.1 is fairly common in Japanese history.
No reports on the contaminated water stored in tanks from the 2011 meltdown event.

Hope its just spilled liquor.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If you zoom in on the power plant you will see all of the massive amounts of contaminated storage around that facility. If another tsunami hit that place, massive amounts of contaminated materials would pour out into the ocean... The contamination would probably be worse than the original event.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Less than a month until the ten year anniversary of Fukushima 9.0. There was a 7.3 foreshock two days before that one. Something is definitely perking lately. More activity than usual in the last few days of the amount of 6+ quakes.

WOQ

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

If you zoom in on the power plant you will see all of the massive amounts of contaminated storage around that facility. If another tsunami hit that place, massive amounts of contaminated materials would pour out into the ocean... The contamination would probably be worse than the original event.

Yeah they have thousands of huge plastic bags containing contaminated top soil from the area.
If a tsunami hit those that would be a huge problem for Japan.

Problem is,there is nowhere to put the stuff,so it will remain(and get added to)until either someone comes up with a practical way to get rid of it or make it safe somehow.

This sadly happens at many nuclear facilities even when they haven't had an accident.

We should have gone with Thorium,but everyone was hoodwinked into believeing the plutonium breeder reactors were the only way to go..But the only reason for those was so that everyone could secretly make nuclear bombs,rather than have clean energy.
edit on 13/2/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bordon81

Me and you both my friend

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just woke up to the news this morning. I saw it said 6x . I didn't see any 7.
Got the end of the news but seems like it took some structural damage around town.
Maybe some others here that live also in Japan can tune in with an update.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Just woke up to the news this morning. I saw it said 6x . I didn't see any 7.
Got the end of the news but seems like it took some structural damage around town.
Maybe some others here that live also in Japan can tune in with an update.

I was worried about you.Glad you're ok.

top topics

join