It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hallucinations accurately portrayed on TV?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I had an obgyn who was really up on research on pregnancy and sleep disorders, weirdly, lol.

He says it's a combo of 1) Tons of people are scared of spiders. AND 2) Your body is primed to notice bugs or "intruders" on your body so you can defend yourself and swat them off. So, you're suffering from HH, a sheet/blanket/breeze whatever, moves on your skin, your brain is in overdrive at that moment and fills in the info with "Ahhhh spider!!!"

Simple, makes sense, but just as terrifying.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

True, salvia is not something to mess around with. Now that I know the effects I can mess with it but that first time scared the hell out of me.

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when he’s on '___' in the Hotel lobby is quite accurate.

I grew up in Vegas and back in my teens, one day on a trip, we went to Circus Circus and I swear the carpet looked EXACTLY like it did in the movie. Never saw any lizard people though. Funny as hell that experience was when security came up to my Hispanic friend and told him he needed to put on a shirt yet he had one on, it just matched his skin color. That guard seemed to really feel bad too which made it even more funny.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

To be honest, I'm happy it has a simpler explanation than having to consider something ''spooky'' going on. Spiders *shudders*

I still remember the first time it happened, I was about 7 or 8 in a room full of people, I went crazy and everyone then thought I was crazy because they obviously saw nothing lol

new topics

<< 1   >>

join