It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Dad Not Diverse Enough for SFUSD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The San Francisco School School District continues to cover itself in glory even while its students are not in school. It has so far cancelled George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln from its buildings; changed the white supremacist acronym of its arts dept to a much less threatening acronym; and now they are busy working on the diversity of their Parent Advisory Council.

Problems arose around the potential appointment of one Set h Brenzel. You would think he'd be perfect. He's a married gay man with interracial adopted children. Sounds perfect right?

During Tuesday night’s board meeting, one of the items on the agenda involved the seemingly innocuous appointment of a new member to the volunteer Parent Advisory Council. The candidate was Seth Brenzel, a professional singer and the executive director of an acclaimed Bay Area summer music school. Brenzel also is openly gay, married and a father, according to an online bio. Attempts to reach him for comment on Wednesday were not successful.

You would think he and his family would easily check off the right boxes to fit in especially since every other voice on the Parent Council is a mom voice. Having a dad on there would be a good thing, and a dad with an interracial family. But there are problems.

“They are not a diverse group of parents as far as I have seen, I have noticed and have observed,” said a woman who an online transcript of the meeting identifies only as Tara.

In response, a representative for the council presented a breakdown of the racial and ethnic makeup of the council: two African Americans parents, one Asian American parent, three “Latinx” parents, a Pacific Islander parent, and three white parents. “Currently all of those are women,” she said, according to the online transcript. “All of them are moms.”

Commissioner Matt Alexander, a new board member and former district principal, noted the “underrepresentation of Arab, Vietnamese, Native American folks” and “Chinese parents and Chinese-speaking parents.” Alexander, who identified himself as “the lone white board member here,” said it “seems like the white members are overrepresented on the P.A.C.”

So, the Parent Advisory Council isn't international enough and it would be too white with Brenzel. Nevermind adding a male voice.

Did no one ever stop and think that maybe ... just maybe ... they don't have enough total board members on their council for every voice in every intersectional box? I guess maybe they've been teaching the new ethnocentric math in San Fran.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm starting to view all news out of the west as a cross between a comedy and a hate crime against common sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

San Francisco Schools are like that weird soap opera that used to have vampires in it. I forget what it was called, but it used to be popular when I was in college.

edit on 12-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I Love Lucy

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm not that old.

I looked it up - Port Charles. My housemates used to watch it.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I'm starting to view all news out of the west as a cross between a comedy and a hate crime against common sense.

Calling it a hate crime is just sinking down to their level of insanity. It's better to just laugh and make fun of their absurdity.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Scary thing is that this is the reality they want to export all across the country. We got a preview of it during Occupy Wall Street. I remember reading a piece where they were trying to determine who had the right to speak during an Occupy confab, and they were having exactly this kind of discussion trying to determine whose right to speak was more important based on progressive stack ideology.

It's this kind of thinking that slowing down vaccinations in some states too. So yeah, this one is funny, but when you apply it to something like vaccinations, it can be deadly.

edit on 12-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

San Francisco Schools are like that weird soap opera that used to have vampires in it. I forget what it was called, but it used to be popular when I was in college.

I was going to say "Dark Shadows." I AM that old, ha ha!

TCB

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dark Shadows
HA you beat me to it.
lol

edit on 12-2-2021 by bluesman462002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You would think that the west had solved crime, poverty, homelessness, disease, education etc. when this is whats newsworrhy.

edit on 12-2-2021 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
“They are not a diverse group of parents as far as I have seen, I have noticed and have observed,” said a woman who an online transcript of the meeting identifies only as Tara."

I'd imagine this would be offensive to the gay dads and community.

How dare a woman use her personal experience as an ultimate form of evidence to their lack of diversity. Or is this like Democrats, where they make up rules as they go?

The bottom line should be, is he qualified to teach?

I thought teachers were in short supply.

Edit: Or is the real issue, what was protested last summer, systematic racism? I have a feeling one or both dads are white.
edit on 2/12/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well, yea guy, white isnt diverse at all regardless of sexual orientation... thought you knew that.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sounds lika a lame cover story to cover the lawsuit starting.
Student suicides are rising with the nazi lockdowns.
Not to go off topic on your post, but the timing is suspicious imo

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The number of suicidal children in San Francisco has hit a record high and health experts say it is clear that keeping public schools closed “is catalyzing a mental health crisis among school-aged children,” according to a lawsuit the city filed Thursday to push its school district to reopen classrooms.

link[edit by]edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Add2

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I'm not sure what the Parent Advisory Council does. It might just be a fancy name for PTA ... Oh, sorry, acronym.

But at any rate, he wasn't diverse enough despite being gay and the only male voice.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is in California, does anyone there expect anything different? Gay guys are under represented, but who cares. I know that people in California are often a little nuts when it comes to this kind of thing, and the same goes for those who were giving vaccines here in the U.P.

Evidently they wanted to distribute the vaccines and wait till everyone got their vaccines before anyone gave them out to the hospital workers....except the native Americans, who gave them out immediately because they did not have a special freezer allocated to them to keep them at the extremely low temp that was required. Because they were not given the freezer, they became sensible and got the vaccine to their people who needed it while everyone else had to wait....Karma is great....the idiots running the vaccine program here were following what I would expect California policy would dictate...idiocracy. The smart thing to do would be to give as many vaccines to whomever they can instead of waiting an extra week.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Scary thing is that this is the reality they want to export all across the country. We got a preview of it during Occupy Wall Street. I remember reading a piece where they were trying to determine who had the right to speak during an Occupy confab, and they were having exactly this kind of discussion trying to determine whose right to speak was more important based on progressive stack ideology.

It's this kind of thinking that slowing down vaccinations in some states too. So yeah, this one is funny, but when you apply it to something like vaccinations, it can be deadly.

That OWS BS was the exact reason why I began my departure from the progressive movement. I hung up my activism gloves after seeing how ineffectual it was. Every little group vying to be heard over the others because their cause was more important.

OWS had one simple message in the beginning, and then everybody who felt marginalized had to jump on the train and have their injustices heard.

It's a sham. It's no wonder there has been a rise of "post-left" thinkers. People who criticize the current modus operandi of individuals and groups who identify as leftists.

It's why I find it bemusing that people feel vitriol for Anarchists, when most people who consider themselves Anarchists are idiots who don't understand the figures they idolize and their work in the context of their time, and have failed in realizing that time has moved forward and left them in the past they so ardently seek to keep repeating.

Now the progressives and much of the left are stuck on identity politics and ironically reinforcing racist behaviours. They have failed to mature and move past their failures.

They are the equivalent of adolescents arguing in the playground.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So, being the only male voice, was not diverse enough.

As someone on the other side of the gender line (treasonous, I know) does that not seem a bit... sexist?

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I finally understand why they removed recess for middle school and high school.

We'd be playing in recess our entire adult lives.

Edit: If it's good enough for Congress to have recess... What's that say about removing freetime from school?
edit on 2/12/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Sounds like they are objectifying people and being racist by picking and choosing them by race/colour like they were items in a supermarket.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's better to just laugh and make fun of their absurdity.

Hows that workin out? That notion might have worked for generations, but its outdated (at best) in "modern year."

For decades now, the absurd, crazy, and sometimes outright dumb people have been coalescing through technology. They have been monetized for ad revenue, frequently unwittingly, and are the single biggest factor in what drives the media cycle. However, by the time it reaches the "normies" its been diluted and buffered enough to be acceptable. Of course, what is acceptable to normies has been shifting too.

In other words, we have built our society on rewarding idiocy, habitual contrarianism, tribalism, emotions, and clicks. Normies dont even realize it yet, due to the aforementioned circumstances, so many still perceive a near total disconnect from the absurdity online and real world problems. Many still view the absurdity online about as relevant to society at large as the guy on the corner with a sandwich board screaming at the sky.

a reply to: AutomateThis1

Its really too bad, isnt it?

Folks like us were the first targets in this modern campaign/theater. In the mid to late 90s up through the mid 2000s, non-corporate-political individuals/groups were purged from these social groups as they were hijacked. The targets switched to the so-called "right" during the Obama era, complemented by heavy programming of those still active in the desiccated corpse of the "left." Now, it appears that has switched.. where those who have since become non-corporate on the "left" are being purged as well, with heavy programming being targeted at the "right." The latter only works because many consume just as much mainstream media as anyone else in this space, even if its received negatively.

Somewhat ironically, one would think that many on the so-called "right" nowadays would strongly consider Anarchy as an ideal. It speaks to high levels of personal responsibility, eliminating systems of coercion through force & taxation, and limited (or no) government. Its an oft maligned term, and I believe "chaos" is the same.. though thats a different discussion. Like many positions ascribed to the so-called "left" now, like Anarchy or environmentalism, the programming game is strong. Those that support them tend to be almost literal corporate-political drones and those that reject them do so under the false premises presented by said drones.

The script repeated by the "left" is not only updated in real time, with no concerns about contradictions from day-to-day, it is largely directed by the same social group behavior that would have been ignored or laughed about even a mere generation ago.

Regardless of whether its all intentional, I think its a much more serious problem than many realize. Particularly when its potentiated by censorship.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join