It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's double speak on the Yemen War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What Everyone Missed About Biden's Double-Speak on Ending Yemen War
7.31 min long video

Abby Martin explains what President Biden really means by the duplicitous language in his major Feb. 4 foreign policy speech on ending the Yemen war.

"Yemen’s war began in September 2014, when the Houthis seized the capital Sanaa. Saudi Arabia, along with the United Arab Emirates and other countries, entered the war alongside Yemen’s internationally recognized government in March 2015. The war has killed some 130,000 people and driven the Arab world’s poorest country to the brink of famine."
abcnews.go.com...

Biden recently made a speech explaining how the Yemen war has to end. To underscore the U.S.'s commitment, America would end all support for offensive operations for the war in Yemen.
This was initially good news, as Trump could have done such a thing but he instead supported sending weapons to Saudi Arabia for continued warfare.

The keyword in Biden's speech is "offensive". Saudia Arabia and it's allies sees the entire war as defensive. During the Biden/Obama administration the reasoning for the U.S.'s initial involvement is to help such defensive measures.

Biden also said, during the same speech: "At the same time, Saudi Arabia faces missile attacks, UAV strikes, and other threats from Iranian supplied forces in multiple countries. We're going to continue to help support Saudia Arabia defend it's sovereignty and it's territorial integrity and its people".

This leaves the door wide open to continued support for Saudia Arabia's war in Yemen under the use of new language.

The video continues on with further examples of double speak and Saudi war crimes, such as "relevant arm sales", or the U.S. supplied bomb that killed children on a Yemen school bus.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Just as long as we all realize Trump was wrong. Even if the same things are done by Biden, Trump was wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
That's what I caught too.

Here I was hoping we could actually agree on something, but the narrative has already been set with "defensive" and "offensive".

Is Saudi, America? Then its offensive if America engages in any military movement.

I thought America World Police was bad.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'll say it again.

During the Great Insurrection of 2021, when they felt the American Democracy was under attack, what did these spineless swamp creatures do? Cut and run. They didn't feel that American Democracy was worth fighting for, not if they had to do the fighting.

So screw them. If they didn't feel our country was worth fighting for, we damned sure shouldn't be risking our lives to fight for someone else's country. Not Saudi Arabia, not Israel, not Britain, Canada, Australia, or any of our so called allies. They are only our allies when our government takes our tax dollars away from our working poor and gives it to these "allies." If we keep our tax dollars and use it to help Americans, then suddenly we are bad guys.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, one of my points was that Biden is most likely going to be doing the same thing as Trump, except under the guise of double speak.

I'm against supporting these wars when it comes to any POTUS.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am against foreign adventurism on the part of the US, but why would anyone think Biden would actually risk pissing off the Saudis on this issue?

The double speak is deliberate: pacify those that want this conflict to end (UN, globalists, etc), while at the same time letting the Saudis know that we still have their back.

Biden is the quintessential politician, which is to say he is exceedingly good at talking out of both sides of his mouth (or in this case his handlers are adept at ventriloquism, and making their double speak heard from both sides of Biden's mouth.)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The double speak is deliberate: pacify those that want this conflict to end (UN, globalists, etc), while at the same time letting the Saudis know that we still have their back.

Exactly. At the simplest glance, it seems that Biden is anti-war and wants to help reduce conflict. However, once reviewing his speech and the people he elected to cabinet it reveals a different story. Abbey Martin also has a video that talks about his cabinet picks which are mostly pro-war.

I used Abbey Martin before in depicting Trump in a negative fashion, and I seen people claim "she is just a lefty". Yes, she is a leftist but she is strongly anti-war and has multiple anti-biden videos.

I think true leftists and righties (who aren't mainstream media drones) have more in common than we think. And by "true" I mean people who think for themselves and establish beliefs based on their own research and conclusions.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Biden is the quintessential politician, which is to say he is exceedingly good at talking out of both sides of his mouth (or in this case his handlers are adept at ventriloquism, and making their double speak heard from both sides of Biden's mouth.)

Not sure if he has "handlers", but I agree with the double speak. Much like Trump, I hope for the best initially. But when I see swampy stuff like this I immediately lose all hope for honest POTUS.

I think it is all for show too. Pacify the UN and the public while continuing the same agenda.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Makes one wonder whats next on the ill uminati card deck..

Tape runs out card reminds of 2012 which in reverse is 2021 ( think mirror ). Al Beliek talked of this. But because the calendar got screwed up we've been out a decade or so. Won't be much longer.

top topics

join