It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Filip Skelecaster - Guitar made from human bones - Warning Human Remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm a rock/metal fan, not so much Black Metal... and it doesn't get much darker than this! I'm really a bit lost for words...

The surprising story of one metal fan's quest to have his uncle “shred for all eternity”

Meet YouTuber Prince Midnight, who constructed a guitar with a body built from an actual human skeleton.

The skeleton, as Prince Midnight tells Guitar World, belonged to his uncle, Filip, who passed away in the ‘90s in Greece.

“So I got the box of bones from Greece and didn’t know what to do at first – bury them? Cremate them? Put them in the attic? All seemed like poor ways to memorialize someone who got me into heavy metal,” he continues.

And so Prince Midnight decided to turn his uncle into a guitar, which, he says unsurprisingly, “proved to be challenging.”...

Regarding the skeleton guitar’s performance,” Midnight says that it “plays fine," though it also has its quirks.

Guitar World

And here he is playing the damn thing.

I don't think Uncle Filip will be Resting in Peace anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I like it.

I bet I can make a stand up bass with DB's carcass.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like it.

I bet I can make a stand up bass with DB's carcass.

I’ve heard he’s broad enough, but is he tall enough?

I’ve seen a lot of things as a musician, but this? Too damn macabre.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I might be impressed if he had made a acoustic guitar of human bones. But electric, with a professional, non-boney neck and metal frets? Nah. Not impressed.

edit on 11-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hmm, as a hack guitar player/aficionado..this is a bit creepy, which I suppose could work for some genre. If it was fake..cheesy, but being real..yikes!!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I might be impressed if he had made a acoustic guitar of human bones. But electric, with a professional, non-boney neck and metal frets? Nah. Not impressed.

But does it have a bone nut?
looks like..maybe?
edit on 11-2-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

looks like..maybe?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

That one just fell into my lap, funny because one of my buds was telling me last night, he is getting a bone nut installed in his new axe!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Bone nut is the only way to go

Now I'm wondering how this guy overcame the obvious "dead fret" issue.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Haha!!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaha. Metal. 🤙

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Another thing, where's the skull?

One too many "face melting" solos I guess.

Ok, I'll leave now...

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I mean, does it really get much more Metal than this?

(Minus that time the drummer of Hellhammer killed his lead singer, boiled his brains, ate them, and then wore pieces of his skull as a necklace.)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

I mean, does it really get much more Metal than this?

(Minus that time the drummer of Hellhammer killed his lead singer, boiled his brains, ate them, and then wore pieces of his skull as a necklace.)

LOL

Or the infamous Alice Cooper chicken escapade live on stage... which was exaggerated beyond what really happened.

Rolling Stones Magazine - Alice Cooper - What really happened

edit on 11-2-2021 by Encia22 because: Couldn't find the bloody chicken

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Seems like a thing youd see on the weekly world news, but its actually TRUE!
I sorta thought the sustain would be bad since the spinal column and all that, but i see its all metal, yes its METAL \||//

Reminds me of a guitar Adrian Belew had that was a strange locking spring bridge to nut and he could bend it like a giant rubber band, it was on this level of weird for sure

My mom just passed recently and it gets me thinkin what i can do to memorialize her

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't stop wondering how the uncle would have felt about it. Of course I know absolutely nothing about either of these guys, but I just feel like the uncle would not have thought it was a cool idea. I definitely would not want anyone to do that to my bones.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Maybe with better pickups and amp but it seems like the bridge and neck were set too high to be really playable, guess you would need to really use non standard strings and fretboard to get it perfect. Id be alright with being made into a guitar just put a little more effort in than this guy for my sake.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing.

The fact that you think about her is the best memorial to her... I think extreme things like this are disrespectful.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

His uncle decided before passing that he wanted to donate his body to science, so I suppose he didn't really care. However, this is the least scientific thing that could have happened to his remains.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

looks like..maybe?

The neck bone is connected to the nut bone, the nut bone is connected to the head bone.

new topics

top topics

join