It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration to place travel restrictions on Florida? Papers Please?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is completely insane and another first step to control states through the government who do not agree with the Progressive viewpoint. With over 50 EO's in less than 3 weeks it may not be a surprise to some but this is a slippery slope folks for a government to even consider.

The White House is reportedly considering domestic travel restrictions including in Florida, as variant cases of the coronavirus surge in the Sunshine State, while Gov. Ron DeSantis is pushing back against any possible restrictions, calling them "absurd."

Link

"If you think about it, restricting the right of Americans to travel freely throughout our country while allowing illegal aliens to pour across the southern border unmolested would be a ridiculous but very damaging farce," DeSantis said. "So we will oppose it 100%. It would not be based in science, it would purely be a political attack against the people of Florida."

This is a political attack plain and simple. A year ago the president was called a Xenophobe by the current president for calling for a shutdown from China but now it is ok to close borders in the United States. Check out the twitter post below.

Link

The article further talks about Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg and the possibility of a national protocol implementing domestic travel restrictions.

Papers please? If this does come to frutition it is a blatant political attack from the new Progressive Government.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002021-02-11T12:22:56-06:001256 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
He's picking at DeSantis, because DeSantis is making a mockery of wearing a mask. Leading by example even.

Meanwhile, Biden-the-Hypocrite allows a ton of unmasked Illegal Aliens (yeah, I said it, why?) to cross the borders and be relocated wherever the Dembos decide is best for 'em.

-Sigh-

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So, do I book my vacation trip in May or not. I’m not concerned about Biden’s wishes, but I don’t want to buy plane ticket that we can’t use. My wife and I refuse to take the vaccine.

I suppose I can drive if we have to.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Man, the president sure sounds like a dictator.

Good thing the news cycle is staying ontop of this like Trump with two scoops.

In before "stol mai elekton"

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

At this point the state of Florida would I think enact the NG to control the borders. The US government has no constitutional right to do this but....joe has a pen.

Drive down...it is 78 outside right now!

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Aren’t border restrictions racist?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You are very right about DeSantis. This will not end well if this does happen and it will....very soon for many states who do not 'fall in line'.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow... Had not planned any trips seeing as how I am stuck at my job until I am part of the vaccine colony...
. All about control.. so sad...

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Get the vaccine before you leave or the Gestapo will pull you over at checkpoints and force the vaccine into you and your wife.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well I mean it is Florida though...
Only crazy and old people live there. So I would be cool with it.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It seems as if Biden is pushing people to rise up against him and the government in mass. He should be Impeached for trying to cause a, what did they call it? Oh yeah. An insurrection.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Democrat lunatics operate on bitter jealousy and that old "git even" attitude.

You can see the sweat dripping from their foreheads when they see success 😃

They're micromanaging themselves right into the next failure scandal 😃

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I’m in Florida on vacation...... should I just put in a transfer to stay to here

Michigan winters looking shi##ier by the day.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There is a national Harley biker convention in March. 4th I think it's outside of Fl. I wonder if this plays in at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Summary of Article IV of the Articles of Confederation.

Elaborates upon the intent "to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of the different States in this union," and to establish equal treatment and freedom of movement for the free inhabitants of each state to pass unhindered between the states, excluding "paupers, vagabonds, and fugitives from justice." All these people are entitled to equal rights established by the state into which they travel. If a crime is committed in one state and the perpetrator flees to another state, he will be extradited to and tried in the state in which the crime was committed.

Wikipedia Link

Of course, the articles were dropped in favor of the constitution that contains no directly stated right for intrastate travel. Case laws often end up referring to the articles as the intent of other laws where it is implied.

The Right to Travel
The doctrine of the “right to travel” actually encompasses three separate rights, of which two have been notable for the uncertainty of their textual support. The first is the right of a citizen to move freely between states, a right venerable for its longevity, but still lacking a clear doctrinal basis.2082 The second, expressly addressed by the first sentence of Article IV, provides a citizen of one state who is temporarily visiting another state the “Privileges and Immunities” of a citizen of the latter state.2083 The third is the right of a new arrival to a state, who establishes citizenship in that state, to enjoy the same rights and benefits as other state citizens. This right is most often invoked in challenges to durational residency requirements, which require that persons reside in a state for a specified period of time before taking advantage of the benefits of that state’s citizenship.

law.cornell.edu

I am left to assume that travel within a state is controlled by each individual state and travel between states controlled by the federal government. I'm far from sure about that though, might be a bunch of case laws on the books.
edit on 11-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

and low taxes....and plenty of land.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And freaking Gators man......freaking Gators

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this. lol

originally posted by: Nivhk
Man, the president sure sounds like a dictator.

Good thing the news cycle is staying ontop of this like Trump with two scoops.

In before "stol mai elekton"

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I knew it .

I told friends of mine about a month ago that they would now be coming after DeSantis and Florida for making all the woke states look idiotic.

I had little hope with DeSantis when he first got elected but I must say I feel looking to have him representing us in Florida.

The good thing is DeSantis is not afraid to call out the BS like Trump, but luckily for us He has the brains to back it up.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Here's a comparison of case curves in different states, just in case anyone was doubting. Florida looks no different than anywhere else although it has a decidedly older population and is much freer than most other states in the union.

Here's to Florida. About to become District 13.
edit on 11-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join