It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYM2021 The Sea Mountain That Moves --Non Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ke Kuahiwi Moana e ne (The Sea Mountain That Moves) [FYM2021]
Absurd and disturbing as the possibilities could be, he had to find out. At 27, all his professional aspirations would be addressed, and well... he’d be an Icon. Scant concern had brought him to the Hawaiian shores, but now, an inexplicable dread accosted him. Strange, the uncanny heat of the topical clime, so oppressive. Uncanny balmy breeze careening through palms and island fauna. Evoking stark foreboding, instilling an unnatural, nay unearthly sense of ill-will.
Yet the young Anthropologist pressed on. With great trepidation he advanced. The S.S. Robbins only just having deposited him firmly ashore after 17 inglorious days at sea. Sebastian carefully climbed toward his destination, hoping the map had the right isle. Steadily upward he leveraged himself through the exotic thicket, grasping what trunk or root he could handle. “I’m going to be famous!” or “The Smithsonian will host my find for months!”, were thoughts he assured himself with, compelling himself toward his location of import.
A few more steady steps set young Sebastian at the cusp of a volcanic vent, long disused.
This Was It! Down the ancient fumarole he hurled himself, lighting his torch, saying a prayer.
He felt ill for some reason.
Feeling instantly forlorn and confused as to his purpose, he continued into the bowels of Pele, seeking his treasure. “It has to be here!”, Sebastian thought. Suffocating sulfur fumes amongst various other noxious vapors clouded his senses, choking his prerogative, his agency.
Cloyed and bewildered, he heard a vulgar percussion emanating, resonating from below.
Suddenly he felt trapped.
Further Sebastian pressed, covering his face, coughing, delirious. But wait! There...!
Atoning for his asphyxiation, he saw it.
It Was True! The Dark Legend of the Pacific:
The Sea Mountain that Moves! He thrust himself toward a worn esoteric but elegant lockbox.
As his eyes ran from the ghastly aromas, he smashed the fortification. Gasping, he struck blow after ragged blow, finally breaking the stout ancient link, corroded by antiquity.
The corrupted lock snapped, and Sebastian snapped backward, unsure what to expect. The lid lifted back, a spectral teal light glowing, pulsating from within. The room glowed an insidious chartreuse, a panpipe joined the infernal drumming that loudly thrummed the lava tube walls now. A violet tentacle crept out of the small treasure chest, eerily searching....
Unfurling and quickly growing in size, it lashed about, ultimately finding Sebastian’s throat, seizing greedily upon it. She would be fed. Sebastian frantically tried to writhe free, but more ghastly tentacles caught him and drug him towards the glowing opened chest. He gasped, asphyxiating, as he was made to peer inside and was further pulled headlong into it. Nightmarish horrific swirling colors was all he saw as bones snapped and vertebrae crunched, sending crimson blood and viscera spraying across his tomb.
The Dancer, The Brood Mother. She would rise again. She would find her ravenous Priest, The Dreamer, far in the Atlantic. Her Mate. Her fiendish spawn would dominate this plane. She would dance the Dark Dance once more, singing the Old Ones from another realm, into the now. It was Foretold.
The grotesque tethers hungrily bore Sebastian’s ruined corpse into the runed eldritch box. Her spirit feasting...A lush titan, once dormant, now voracious, supped on flesh for the first time in centuries. Her message in a bottle had been found. Her ploy had finally worked. Mankind’s greed will always best his nature, this she knew long ago and it held true still.

She had been freed!

The End
edit on 10-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am impressed. Your command of the English language rivals that of great authors of centuries ago. Very florid and descriptive writing. Are you familiar with mimics of D&D lore? The box reminded me of them, filled by a spirit of animosity that is ageless. Excellent short story!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I am impressed. Your command of the English language rivals that of great authors of centuries ago. Very florid and descriptive writing. Are you familiar with mimics of D&D lore? The box reminded me of them, filled by a spirit of animosity that is ageless. Excellent short story!

Thank you. Yes. I am versed with. 20-sided dice.

Odd fact though. While I collected a few of the staple texts about game-play, monsters, and armaments, I was too cool to play.

Or should I say not cool enough.

So I made my own game with pencil and paper, complete wit lore, maps, races, abilities etc.

I’m such a goober lol

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I apologize and this is for the mods, but I removed an add to the title from Don’t Tread On Me. If that was supposed to be there for some reason, I didn’t know so I removed it.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Oh that gave me chills and shivers!
Loved it!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam
Since you brought it up I've been working on a game for my oldest son who just turned 40. He loves D&D and as a kid we used to play Hero Quest together. So I made a huge board out of XPS foam, wrote my own lore and rules, created spell and item cards and painted over 100 miniatures. Hope to start play testing this weekend. Bit of Frostgrave thrown in as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Since you brought it up I've been working on a game for my oldest son who just turned 40. He loves D&D and as a kid we used to play Hero Quest together. So I made a huge board out of XPS foam, wrote my own lore and rules, created spell and item cards and painted over 100 miniatures. Hope to start play testing this weekend. Bit of Frostgrave thrown in as well.
That’s awesome. Enjoy your time with your son!

+4 dad skills

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Oh that gave me chills and shivers!
Loved it!
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Love it! It's like Indiana Jones meets The Kraken.

The message in a bottle is an interesting twist to the tale.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You give us clues to the age and your writing style fits well within the works of that age. Very well crafted, and I loved the deliciously brutal creature, completely devoid of any empathy. Great story!

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

You give us clues to the age and your writing style fits well within the works of that age. Very well crafted, and I loved the deliciously brutal creature, completely devoid of any empathy. Great story!
Thank you. That’s very kind. I’d like to write like you one day. You emulate Stephen King’s down to earth, and thus digestible style. Much appreciation!
edit on 20-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join