It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustration finding just the facts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
maybe someone can find this without the added sensationalism I am seeing.

I just want to know some simple things.

Total Deaths in the US in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Then I want to know how many of those in each year were 85 or older.

I'm not trying to approach this looking for an outcome, looking to validate, or invalidate covid, just looking for facts to start.

Once you dig into this, you may find what I did, and that there is so much hype trying to throw opinions at you, rather than just the facts, it can get frustrating quick.

here is what I have found from the CDC website, which is one place that is very good at hiding the simple data from the common idiot (me in this case)

Total deaths in 2020
Of those,
1,059,298 were 85 years old, or older.

total deaths in 2018
Total deaths in 2019

So I'm lacking the totals for 85 and older from both 2018, and 2019.

If anyone can find it, maybe then we can talk about what it all means.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Keep in mind too that the numbers include those who died in January 2021, so it accounts for 13 months, rather than 12.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That information used to be easy to find, but I noticed that starting in 2019, it got very complicated to find. I have been watching that stuff for years, but the way it is done now seems to have been changed, all of a sudden they made it look as if diseases caused by viruses were way more intense at causing deaths. Dying of old age is not happening anymore, dying of old age took into consideration your immune system and ability to heal was failing, now they are distorting the facts so much it is hard to find any truth anymore. When you are over eighty, every disease is dangerous, that is life.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'll have a look to see what I can find. And I agree, the CDC, and others, have become expert at blurring and smudging the numbers to make them much less comprehensible to pretty much everybody.

Take the current list of covid death by age group. It used to be shown in percentages, which I imagine for the vast majority of the population was relatively easy to understand ......... now it's # meaningless.

edit on 10 2 2021 by myselfaswell because: forgot to add covid.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So if you go to www.cdc.gov... you'll see there are some pdfs of the death rates.

2018 - 13,450.7 deaths per 100,000 population
2019 - 13,228.6 deaths per 100,000 population

I'm guessing the deaths per 100,000 population means the total number of dead people, say 2,854,838 for 2019, means that 377,655 people aged 85+ died in 2019.

Or it could mean you've got to go and find out how many 85+ people there were in each respective year.

Like we've discussed, what's wrong with just giving an actual # number.

edit on 10 2 2021 by myselfaswell because: nunya

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Apparently we cant even talk about the Vaccine .. too dangerous Im sure. Luckily we can depend on Fauci to keep our best interests at heart..

We cant handle the truth..

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I'll have a look to see what I can find. And I agree, the CDC, and others, have become expert at blurring and smudging the numbers to make them much less comprehensible to pretty much everybody.

Take the current list of covid death by age group. It used to be shown in percentages, which I imagine for the vast majority of the population was relatively easy to understand ......... now it's # meaningless.

Ridiculous. They are trying to cover their tracks and obfuscate the numbers so people can't look it up themselves. Never seen data presented in such a convoluted manner.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Okdokey ..... I'm pretty sure it has to be based on the actual number of 85+ people.

So, you can go here, which isn't obvious to find, and do a couple of searches;

2018 - 6,544,300
2019 - 6,604,958

Therefore total deaths are;

2018 - 880,254
2019 - 873,743

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I love this thread, because I said 9 months ago, that we’d all know the truth about Covid in January - Due to death totals.

Now, I’m searching as well. Hard as hell to find any data. They’ve even made a lot of the historical data harder to find. Which was easily available a year ago.

There is this article.

www.kare11.com... 03

Which says this:

Data is provided through the 48th week of 2020. So far this year, the CDC reports that 2,877,601 people have died. At the same point in 2018, the number was 2,606,928, and in 2019, it was 2,614,950. The number of deaths to this point in 2020 is at least 260,000 greater than either of the past two years. But that number is an underestimate because the CDC publishes data based on the number of death certificates it has received. Since it can take a couple of weeks for all death certificates to be recorded, the numbers for the last two weeks, at least, will increase as time goes by. If the last two weeks produce a similar number of deaths as the weeks before, the margin to this point will actually be close to 310,000.

Basically, we were roughly 200k deaths higher in 2020 than 2019 as of the 48th week of 2020, compared to the 48th week of 2019.

Their BS excuse of death certificates not being processed in time, is something that happens every year. Got to love the goal post moving.
edit on 10-2-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
maybe someone can find this without the added sensationalism I am seeing.

I just want to know some simple things.

Total Deaths in the US in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Then I want to know how many of those in each year were 85 or older.

Also, something I read somewhere... but I don't know how to verify it...

Someone said that one way these numbers were being falsely inflated was, many deaths were being counted multiple times, under more than one category...

Meaning... someone who died of flu could be counted as having died from flu - keeping the flu death numbers up - and again counted as a COVID death, thus making it appear that the total number of deaths have increased for the year, when they really haven't.

Wish I knew how to check that. I guess you'd need access to the underlying databases.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Here you go!

Link

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Interesting, 7k fewer people over 85 died in 2019, compared to 2018.

2020 jumped close to 160k higher for people over 85.

This coupled with the stats I gave of roughly 250k higher in total means — Covid is a killer of people on deaths door already (borrowed time).

Not sure I even want to live past 80. Diapers don’t look good on me.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Interesting, 7k fewer people over 85 died in 2019, compared to 2018.

2020 jumped close to 160k higher for people over 85.

This coupled with the stats I gave of roughly 250k higher in total means — Covid is a killer of people on deaths door already (borrowed time).

Not sure I even want to live past 80. Diapers don’t look good on me.

The other issue is that we don't know if those deaths' were caused by the reaction to covid, not because of covid.

We know the lockdowns caused a lot of people to put off treatments, etc. So maybe some percentage of the increase is really a result of the reaction, not necessarily Covid.

I do think Covid is a particularly nasty strain of the flu for those who are already vulnerable, but I don't buy the pandemic propaganda.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

[/quote

I posted about MIM's Street Talk about this: first there will be madness and then confusion
When I posted that many of you on the forum had realized that it just wasn't a political thought , but perhaps a thought how things in everyday life will turn out.
I actually got that though by personally being involve at the low level of the street people in Los Angels years ago. I got to see the intellectual that lost its job, then homeless, then went slowly mad, ( many now live on the streets of Venice Beach ) and then enter a world of confusion. Sadly I saw the mentally derange where there was no hope for them.

I see this now with your above posting. I see the madness, the confusion and its just hopeless to where you begin to ignore such educational information.

I'm wondering if that is the plan also for the school educational programs in the USA.

edit on 0200000032412021-02-10T17:41:32-06:00413202pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Total deaths in 2020
Of those,
1,059,298 were 85 years old, or older.

total deaths in 2018
880,280 were 85 or older
Total deaths in 2019
873,746 were 85 or older

Thanks Mother May eye!

Now if we look at the numbers, over 85, the most likely to die from this disease, there was 32.25% in 2018, 32.67% in 2019, and 33.13% in 2020. From my poor math, it looks like there was an increase, but not as dramatic as I would have suspected. If this isn't correct, please let me know. Just facts for this one, no feelz for data.

Maybe someone wants to break it down more and find the anomaly if there is one?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Actual death rates are probably far less relevant, than the rate of intensive care admissions. Since US hospitals are probably pretty good at keeping people with serious conditions alive.

I don't think mass deaths was ever the main concern anyway. Its always been about hospitals being overwhelmed... hasn't it?

So maybe your using irrelevant stats in the first place, to prove whatever relevant point your trying to prove.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Actual death rates are probably far less relevant, than the rate of intensive care admissions. Since US hospitals are probably pretty good at keeping people with serious conditions alive.

I don't think mass deaths was ever the main concern anyway. Its always been about hospitals being overwhelmed... hasn't it?

So maybe your using irrelevant stats in the first place, to prove whatever relevant point your trying to prove.

I'm sure you are right. I'm just trying to investigate some facts. if they aren't factual, please let me know. If they are, and you have an opinion, please share it. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I love this thread, because I said 9 months ago, that we’d all know the truth about Covid in January - Due to death totals.

Now, I’m searching as well. Hard as hell to find any data. They’ve even made a lot of the historical data harder to find. Which was easily available a year ago.

There is this article.

www.kare11.com... 03

Which says this:

Data is provided through the 48th week of 2020. So far this year, the CDC reports that 2,877,601 people have died. At the same point in 2018, the number was 2,606,928, and in 2019, it was 2,614,950. The number of deaths to this point in 2020 is at least 260,000 greater than either of the past two years. But that number is an underestimate because the CDC publishes data based on the number of death certificates it has received. Since it can take a couple of weeks for all death certificates to be recorded, the numbers for the last two weeks, at least, will increase as time goes by. If the last two weeks produce a similar number of deaths as the weeks before, the margin to this point will actually be close to 310,000.

Basically, we were roughly 200k deaths higher in 2020 than 2019 as of the 48th week of 2020, compared to the 48th week of 2019.

Their BS excuse of death certificates not being processed in time, is something that happens every year. Got to love the goal post moving.

I don’t understand your reasoning here.

If you agree that death certificates taking a few months to process is something that happens every year, then why is it moving the goal posts to take that into account in 2020?

In prior years-2019-for example, you are admitting that it took a few months into 2020 for the final numbers to be verified. Why wouldn’t you expect it to take a few months into 2021 to get the final numbers for 2020?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That information used to be easy to find, but I noticed that starting in 2019, it got very complicated to find. I have been watching that stuff for years, but the way it is done now seems to have been changed, all of a sudden they made it look as if diseases caused by viruses were way more intense at causing deaths. Dying of old age is not happening anymore, dying of old age took into consideration your immune system and ability to heal was failing, now they are distorting the facts so much it is hard to find any truth anymore. When you are over eighty, every disease is dangerous, that is life.

It's like someone in power wanted to obfuscate any truth that didn't agree with what they said.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: rickymouse

It's like someone in power wanted to obfuscate any truth that didn't agree with what they said.

Making people fear a virus has been the agenda for a while. Remember Ebola and Zika. They decided to alter the interpretation of evidence to push fear into people. Fear makes people follow in step, the Alphas are taking control and getting the sciences to back them by paying them with our taxes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join