It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Kneel if There's No Anthem!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
For our friends offended by athletes kneeling during the National Anthem, iconic billionaire Mark Cuban, owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks has come up with an ingenious solution. Yes, Mark Cuban has decided that his team will forgo playing the song entirely at their games.

The Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games at the direction of owner Mark Cuban, he confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

The Mavericks do not plan to resume the tradition to play the national anthem before games in the future.

Cuban, who declined further comment, made the decision after consulting with NBA commissioner Adam Silver. The Mavericks did not announce the change in policy, but the national anthem has not been played before any of their 13 preseason and regular-season games at the American Airlines Center this season.

www.espn.com...

I applaud you Mr. Cuban. Takes balls to make that decision, but what a creative approach it is. Takes away the athletes ability to make a scene before the game, and hopefully helps the triggered cope a little easier, knowing they won't be seeing any 'disrespect' shown to the flag during the anthem. We'll have to wait and see if this becomes a new sports trend.... who knows, maybe the traditional pre-game anthem will one day be a thing of the past!

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Or better yet start playing the Chinese national anthem for the new regime. It would make Biden wan san happy.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I have never understood why The US National Anthem is played at domestic sports.

If an international game is being played between The US and another country then yes play the anthem.

edit on 10-2-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Why does the US play the national anthem before gay rugby anyway? It's a bit weird.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Or better yet start playing the Chinese national anthem for the new regime. It would make Biden wan san happy.

Given Trump's business interests in China I'd apply the same statement to him.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Why does the US play the national anthem before gay rugby anyway? It's a bit weird.

Because America is still divided along ethnic and racial lines. People have to be constantly reminded that they're American as well as Italian American or African American and so on.

It's why people constantly recite the pledge of allegiance in school.

I lived in a communists dictatorship, and we were under less pressure to be patriotic than most Americans are.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

How long did you live in the US?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I wonder which business that is now that he is banned in China?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Look up the reason, you'll have a better understanding of why people think it's disrepectful to kneel.
edit on 2/10/2021 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Where do they still recite the pledge I'm 48 haven't done it since elementary school?

Also I never feel pressured to "be" patriotic not even as a kid.
edit on 10-2-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I applaud you Mr. Cuban. Takes balls to make that decision, but what a creative approach it is. Takes away the athletes ability to make a scene before the game, and hopefully helps the triggered cope a little easier, knowing they won't be seeing any 'disrespect' shown to the flag during the anthem. We'll have to wait and see if this becomes a new sports trend.... who knows, maybe the traditional pre-game anthem will one day be a thing of the past!

I'm trying to wrap my head around this... not Mr. Cuban's decision, but YOUR decision to post this in such an inflammatory way.

So you "applaud" Mr. Cuban's decision (which takes "balls," so presumably no woman could make such a decision in your mind), to "hopefully help" the "triggered", while you yourself do exactly the opposite, being quite insulting and demeaning to those who will "hopefully" be helped...

Hmmmm..... my takeaway is that you lack "the balls" to make such a principled decision as Mr. Cuban, who chose a neutral position, while you deliberately chose to poke and prod the bear that Mr. Cuban chose to walk away from.

Okay. Gotcha! But why? Why play foot soldier for the critters who don't give a rat's patootie about any of us? Our world isn't ugly enough? You think it needs a little more hate? A little more hurt? A lot more divide-and-conquer???

Do tell...

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Well it would appear the Star Sprangled Banner was played at sporting events during WW I and WW II to show support for the military.

WW II ended 76 years ago. Unless you are saying that American has been at war contstantly for 104 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
So you "applaud" Mr. Cuban's decision (which takes "balls," so presumably no woman could make such a decision in your mind)...

Of course women can't do that. Hell, even the one thing they're biologically prepared to do, have a baby, now requires the man to be in the room with them for 'support'.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

WW II ended 76 years ago. Unless you are saying that American has been at war contstantly for 104 years.

Only 104 years? I thought we have been at war constantly since before we even became America.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I have never understood why The US National Anthem is played at domestic sports.

If an international game is being played between The US and another country then yes play the anthem.

Strange there are people that pay more homage and allegiance to corporate mission statements than the constitution.

Then a step farther...

This week, the first graders in Tamar LaSure-Owens’ class have started social studies lessons the same way every day: belting out the lyrics to a Black Lives Matter song that encourages them to speak up about social injustice.

www.inquirer.com...

If you don’t understand the war of mind, I feel sorry for you...

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Of course women can't do that. Hell, even the one thing they're biologically prepared to do, have a baby, now requires the man to be in the room with them for 'support'.

Welllllll.... I can't speak to that. My husband was the last person I wanted in there with me! He didn't know any more about birthing babies than I did.

I wanted my mother. SHE knew what was what!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

They can still kneel at anytime.
It was never about the anthem.
They don't need the anthem to do so.

You really think kneeling will stop just because they don't play the anthem?
That suddenly these players will forget about police violence?

The propaganda tells you that kneeling is about the anthem. The kneelers know that it never was.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't. Trump loved the U.S. anthem.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
I wouldn't. Trump loved the U.S. anthem.

Trump isn't capable of the abstraction required for higher emotions, he's good for three at best: anger, happiness and hunger.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The way I hear it, pro wrestling is getting nearly the same tv ratings as pro basketball.
I think I heard the Superbowl got a disappointing rating too. Still a big audience though.
Two superstar quarterbacks should have pulled a bigger audience not smaller.

Lots of people have stopped watching spoiled athletes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join