It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two types of irrefutable phenomena

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Smart to move.

a reply to: underpass61

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He didn't read the OP. He thinks I live in a haunted house and I'm being menaced by a ghost.

After experiencing these strange events a few times, I did a lot of research. After the superficial stuff, I found the real investigators, like John Keel, Jacques Vallee and Barry Taft. Even they admitted they don't know what's behind it.
Vallee said that it appears there are "non-human intelligences" that mess with humans.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Any sickness pop up with you or a family members?

Constant headaches?

Constant nightmares?

The dead feed off the living.

If you are scared ......move.

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Ghosts are dead people.

Even that simple but unrevealing definition is problematic.
There are many reports of 'ghosts' of the living.

Sounds can be so deceptive - as to direction, distance, and what is making them. A quiet sound that, unbeknownst to you, emanates from close to your ears, may be perceived as a more distant loud noise, for example.

One of the radiators in our house can sound just like a human breathing.

The distinctive clicking of balls in play was frequently heard from an unoccupied billiards room above my mother's childhood bedroom. Similarly, my sister stayed in a youth hostel above a bar with a pool table which seemed to be in play at night when the bar was closed and empty.

We have words like 'ghosts' or 'poltergeists' for such phenomena, even though they have no explanatory value. If such phenomena have diverse causes, the words only compound our confusion.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Thanks for sharing. Someone described a similar experience to me a couple of years ago.
They didn't see any apparitions like you did, but they heard "heavy footsteps, like a big guy in work boots"
walking down the hall. That would be quite unnerving!

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That's smart.
True and a lot healthier.

Did stuff also appear out of nowhere?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've always wondered, when you are having a dream, are you in reality "haunting someone else or someplace else and vice versa someone dreaming and you somehow are interacting with them.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I recall one night actually feeling something tip toe over my feet right before falling asleep one time. It felt like a cat, thing is though I hadnt had one for long time, so for me, was wondering if it some sensation being triggered by memory or what. Thing is i didn't look, or really cared for some reason.

I was never into shadow folk, an was usually dismissive, until a close friend of mine actually told me about his, an wasnt the only one there too, if I recall. Them being literally described as a shiloutee with no feature a bit intriguing. Wonder if it has anything to do with carbon, since all life is pretty much carbon based.

Apparently, the last place lived had one, never bugged me, yet, Ive been told a few things though that raised a few hairs. Might of tried to kill me once or twice by possessing someone, but I think thats just love.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I''ve had quite a few experiences in the home I grew up in for 20+ years- I've had a drop or a couple drops of water drip from the ceiling onto my face. I've had too many instances of missing objects reappearing somewhere else in that home. I've had a ton of strange things happen in my childhood home. One thing I feel prudent to note is that i lived on a small street, so all the neighbors knew each other. Everyone that lived on that street had experienced strange or paranormal things in their homes.
The houses were all built around 1920, seven homes total.

I've heard footsteps in the home I'm in now, which isn't far from my childhood home.
I've heard the footsteps walking up the staircase, from the first floor to the second. Then one time I needed a late night snack, I'm at the top of that staircase about to go downstairs and I see two extremely bright and quick flashes of a blue light. I'm in a row home and with the way the layout is, it would've been impossible for the light to have come from outside. I skipped the snack. A couple weeks after moving in I did find out from a neighbor that a man died of overdose in the walk-in closet on the third floor, just a year prior. I didn't tell my wife at the time as she has issues with her anxiety. Whats strange is she'd often sleep in that closet, she says it's where she felt most comfortable. I ultimately told her because It was the right thing to do. She didn't seem to mind and still sleeps there time to time.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's smart.
True and a lot healthier.

Did stuff also appear out of nowhere?

I've never seen anything appear out of nowhere.
A friend of mine has a great story. I've never known her to exaggerate, and certainly not lie.
It happened many years ago. She was sitting at a picnic table in a park with her best friend.
A dime 'fell out of the sky' and landed on the table. They heard the noise, and they both saw it bounce on the table, then come to rest, head-up. There was no one anywhere near them.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Thanks for sharing.

Everyone that lived on that street had experienced strange or paranormal things in their homes.

Now that's interesting!

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don’t believe that suicides always get stuck here in limbo. I believe they pass on like most everyone else. a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish
Interesting you mention water drops.

Ever been taking a shower, then get out for the bathroom quickly and have water mist you like from the shower head? Or just have the shower running while in the bathroom?

Wasn't a one off, I played it off at first, but after like the 6th time, it's like wtf, I would watch the shower, curtain closed and would get sprayed from behind on my shoulder. Water droplets and all.

Very unnerving when thinking about it. Not like it came from the ceiling. And it had water pressure like the shower.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Leading in with a disclaimer here: If you know you're dealing with the Supernatural/Paranormal ... I'm gonna give you credit for 'knowing'. Not even gonna further qualify that.

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The two phenomena I'm talking about are:
1. Phantom footsteps...

The house is settling. This is just all too common. I had to demonstrate this to people who were going out of their minds in a house I rented them.

You do know that land can rise and fall under your house, right? You do know that wood gives when people walk across it ... and recovers to the sound of footfalls. The place I'm in right now has ghost steps on the stairs. You walk up the stairs and five or ten minutes later you hear somebody coming up behind you. It's freaky, but it's just the way the house settles.

2. Objects disappearing...

I dunno about this one. I've seen you around on the boards enough to believe you're a pretty solid guy. If you say they were there one minute and gone the next, I believe you. I'd really believe you if you said there was absolutely no way anyone else was in or around your house to park you ... because I'd be willing to bet you've got some friends who would love pranking you on this stuff.

There's a fella that posts to the boards goes by KellyPrettyBear. What does he think? Pretty sure he's seen what's on the other side of the veil. And, I think he knows a Lot more than he shares openly where neophytes could stumble across it and get themselves in a pickle. You've also got DeathSlayer's 2¢ (probably a lot better value than a couple of pennies).

⭐️&🇺🇸 for a classic ATS thread!!

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not everything is Ghost or Demon.
The Nisse or Fae have fun misplacing your things for you altho it's reported they're just borrowing them.

The footsteps can be from something just kind of passing thru not necessarily stuck spirit.
It could be just different versions of the same thing like Vallee thinks or different types of entities , non-determined
yet.

It can also be just , point in time, repeating loop, like movie running over & over.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
Never anything like that nor any strange happenings in the bathroom. The few times that the water drops fell on me I was laying in my bed either watching TV or falling asleep. Super wierd.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You do know that land can rise and fall under your house, right? You do know that wood gives when people walk across it ... and recovers to the sound of footfalls. The place I'm in right now has ghost steps on the stairs. You walk up the stairs and five or ten minutes later you hear somebody coming up behind you. It's freaky, but it's just the way the house settles.

I know what you're talking about. I've heard what could have been mistaken for footsteps, then realized it was house noises. I've also heard vent dampers that made some very eerie sounds, like people whispering.
These phantom footsteps I'm talking about are not house settling noises. That's why I was so adamant about it in the OP.
These are unmistakeable footsteps. I'm talking about hearing 10-12 footsteps. Sometimes they'll even pause, then continue. I heard them in my neighbor's house. I really have sought a logical explanation, but I can assure you these were not normal house noises.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Dead people get burned and buried, they don't move that's how we know they're dead. So it can't be dead people. If anything it would have to be some distilled new form of those dead people and that opens a plethora of questions on how that'd work, what they're made of, how they interact with the environment etc.

Oh, you rock... and save some of us the time it takes to type! Unfortunately, I feel like exercising my fingers.

As for the thread and the two "phenomena" mentioned, yes to me witnessing both on multiple occasions.

Most of the instances happened in specific residences that were riddled with "the phenomenon." I believe one of them had a traumatic event happen in it from the brown body shaped smears under the carpet that looked like blood and the patched hole in the wall, but the landlord never fessed up.

But some odd stuff happened in my relatively quiet current residence, or one was close to it, anyway. One night we were awakened by hearing someone in boots, seemingly a big, bipedal fellow in work boots and well over 200 lbs, stomping through the next door apartment at 2 or 3 in the a.m., an apartment that zig zagged through the middle of a large house and which happened to be vacant at the time.

We went and checked the doors and windows and one of us stayed at one end with a flashlight while I checked the window at my end and between us we had the entire residence in view. The steps continued to shake the house while we could plainly see nothing as whatever it was or wasn't marched by.

The objects that disappear are varied; but all have in common that we needed them at some point and they were not available.

The most memorable because it happened while I was present was a pack of crushed chili that I was going to use and they were sitting on a clear shelf right by the stove and I glanced away and when I glanced back, they had apparently decided to evaporate from this plane of existence.

It seems (SEEMS) to be linked to location and/or individuals. It could well be linked to trauma of some sort.

But ascribing any certain link to location, trauma or to dead people is ... premature.

There have been oodles of traumatic deaths, in fact most of the billions of human and animal deaths are traumatic, yet the "phenomena" is fairly uncommon ... though far far more common than is commonly thought, from my own hearsay.

I doubt we'll come upon a consensus answer, but it's fascinating and tells us that our models of reality are, at least a little, off.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ya know, our experiences in this life are limited to our personal perspectives. You threw out some big names and you said they didn't have answers. Their names are big enough they might not want to risk being found wrong at this point in the lives/reputations.

If you are scared ......move.

I wouldn't like someone to lay that kind of advice on me ... but, ya know ... sometimes experience is what you've gotta lean into. And, sometimes you've gotta wonder why the experience has only that as a limited option.

I PMd KPB a link to this thread. You can get to the other side. Maybe straighten things out and get this entity to self-subdue during your lifetime. I've visited there. Nothing makes good sense. And though it has a very specific appeal, I have always felt it was a dangerous venture you might not come back from whole.

Or, you can move away from the thing's sphere of influence. If it's in you neighbor's house too ... geez.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

And I don't doubt it happens. Your 'seems' made everything you said okay, I love speculation as much as everybody. It just rubs me the wrong way if certain people use it to push "evil demons are after you".
Because that's really helping nobody.

Just for fun:
Could be ancient aliens / the 'fallen' unable to reincarnate into humans being stuck here wandering around mildly insane from boredom.
Could be Theian souls/spirits/ce robbed of their life in material form co-inhabitating ours on a different 'plane'.
Could be the fabric of the universe, membranes touching and it's a shadow of one of the other universes, echoes of ordinary people living ordinary lives just elsewhere.
Could be imprints into the energy-fields of the surroundings replaying the 'greatest hits'.

All we know for sure: if you freak out and make it everything you think about, get scared etc... it's not healthy.
You don't escalate it won't escalate.
Calling it 'evil' is a sure recipe for escalation.
That was my 2cents
edit on 10-2-2021 by Peeple because: add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join