It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Paranoid Fever Dreams of Anti-Trumpism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The resent Time Magazine article, The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election, illustrates the moral panic inherent in anti-Trumpism, and the ensuing protection racket they’ve created.

By their own admission, the unfounded fears regarding “Trump’s assault on democracy” convinced thousands of anti-Trumpists to alter state election laws, pressure Big Tech to censor opposition, direct activists towards political purposes, and engage in vast propaganda campaigns the likes of which we have never seen. In comparison with the Trump campaign, the only “assault on democracy”, it turns out, was their own efforts.

None of this is surprising. The anti-Trumpists have for years presented themselves as the solution to the problems they invariably create. What is surprising, though, is how easy it was for them to come right out and gloat over it. Perhaps their conscience is clean because they really believe that what they did was right, they really believe they saved democracy. “The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation”, crowed Norm Eisen. The untold story is now told. For those of us not gripped by the moral panic, the article, as self-congratulatory as it was enlightening, goes into some detail of the paranoia inciting them to such action.

The so-called “architect” of this shadowy campaign, Mike Podhorzer, must have peered into his crystal ball when he convinced himself the election was headed for disaster a year later. “It turned out that once you said it out loud, people agreed, and it started building momentum”, he noted. And that’s all it takes. So he and his paranoid cabal of politicos, propagandists, and protestors moved to elevate their fever-dreams to a self-fulfilling prophesy, resulting in the most contentious American election in recent memory.

Their orthodoxy suggests we should all blame Trump for what happened with the election and the ensuing violence. But beneath the propaganda about fortifying and protecting democracy, their own mouths describe a massive, well-funded, censorial and sometimes violent campaign to influence a democratic election.

Do not be deceived. There was no threat to democracy, and it worked just fine before malign actors got their hands on it. Do not doubt your senses. There was no insurrection, just people angry over what has only now been admitted. Think for yourself. If it sounds like a paranoid fever dream, it probably is.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

It sounds like they're trying to get ahead of something that's about to come out and hit them smack dab in their ugly faces.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It sounds like they're trying to get ahead of something that's about to come out and hit them smack dab in their ugly faces.

It do, don’t it? Why else write such and overture on “fortifying and protecting” the election?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to publicly lynch Kyle for being in DC on the 6th.

That's this administration. Notice the deflection from Pelosi breaking her own rules again?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Do not be deceived. There was no threat to democracy, and it worked just fine before malign actors got their hands on it. Do not doubt your senses. There was no insurrection, just people angry over what has only now been admitted. Think for yourself. If it sounds like a paranoid fever dream, it probably is.

You mean it worked just fine until Trump lost.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
People do not know how a dictatorship is until its too late, No ever in the history of our nation is been such a vile propaganda financed by shady groups behind the scene to take one President out, even before he got the office of the President, it was already a war against him, 3 years of witch hunt and nothing.

Look at Washington now, a government hiding behind a fence to keep Americans out, a president put in power that is ruling by executive orders, a media that is covering for everything wrong done to our nation, what do we call this when it happens in other nations?

A dictatorship

government by a dictator.

synonyms:
absolute rule · undemocratic rule · despotism · autocracy · tyranny · authoritarianism · totalitarianism · absolutism · Fascism · oppression · suppression · repression · subjugation · domination

edit on 8-2-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You didn't think "new normal" was a limited scope intention now didya!?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

When I read the article, I thought, ‘They’re going to get their knickers in knots over this at ATS.’

Doesn’t look like you’re getting as much of a response as I expected, though. I think you probably wrote too much OP.

Great article, isn’t it? It restored my hope in America. There are still some Americans who believe in truth, democracy and justice, and are willing to go the extra mile to defend them against their enemies.

edit on 9/2/21 by Astyanax because: of too much OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

When your activities suppress truth, democracy, and justice, the use of those terms become little more than propaganda. Perhaps, like the DPRK, you have a different idea of what those terms mean.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Well, that lets me out. At no time in my long and interesting life have I knowingly engaged in 'activities [to] suppress truth, democracy, and justice.'

So how about this conspiracy, then? Isn't it amazing that the conspirators seem so proud to stand up and say, 'We did this'? In your general experience of conspiracies, is that common? What do you think it means?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You mean it worked just fine until Trump lost.

LOL is that what everyone was saying? That the 2016 election was fair and legitimate? No one conspired to alter the election in 2016?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
originally posted by: Astyanax

No, it’s not common. In my belief these people have been frozen in a moral panic for the past half-decade. They really believe what they’re saying.

What do you think it means?
edit on 9-2-2021 by CitizenZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

When I read the article, I thought, ‘They’re going to get their knickers in knots over this at ATS.’

Doesn’t look like you’re getting as much of a response as I expected, though. I think you probably wrote too much OP.

Great article, isn’t it? It restored my hope in America. There are still some Americans who believe in truth, democracy and justice, and are willing to go the extra mile to defend them against their enemies.
Oh my god this is toooooo funny

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, that lets me out. At no time in my long and interesting life have I knowingly engaged in 'activities [to] suppress truth, democracy, and justice.'

So how about this conspiracy, then? Isn't it amazing that the conspirators seem so proud to stand up and say, 'We did this'? In your general experience of conspiracies, is that common? What do you think it means?

As I said in the other thread on this topic:

This is the Cover Story for their "Win"...

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So I double posted, I may as well use this opportunity to expand 0n my previous post.

I think that the election was rigged through Dominion voting machines in swing States.

They know they rigged it and they know that we know they rigged it.

This cover story is a way for them to admit that they rigged an election without actually admitting how they rigged it.

I can now see why the MSM were almost advertising the censorship campaigns and celebrating their success...

It's because they wanted everyone to see how the Dems and the Left in general were engineering their most celebrated "Win" against the Evil Orange Man.

I call BS.

They rigged it through the machines and this Time Cover Story, as dastardly as it sounds, is just Smoke and Mirrors for the horrifying Truth that the American people just got hosed by a dictatorial regime.

edit on 922021 by Wide-Eyes because: DP and Gremlins. It was messy.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

As I said earlier, I think it means they're proud of what they accomplished. So we're in agreement with that, more or less. Except, I suppose, that I heartily approve of what they did, and you don't. Well, I can understand why.

edit on 10/2/21 by Astyanax because: of a coda.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think that the election was rigged through Dominion voting machines in swing States.

Are you sure you're posting in the correct thread? That's a pro-Trumpist paranoid fever-dream.

edit on 10/2/21 by Astyanax because: of the need for formal symmetry.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

As I said earlier, I think it means they're proud of what they accomplished. So we're in agreement with that, more or less. Except, I suppose, that I heartily approve of what they did, and you don't. Well, I can understand why.

I’ll assume that you “heartily approve” because it produced the result you wanted, and not necessarily because they engaged in censorship, collusion, and secretive activities in order to fundamentally alter a democratic election. Imagine a Trumpian cabal doing this. I suspect we would never hear the end of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

But they didn't do any of that. You're just making it all up.

They acted together, as responsible citizens, to protect the election. They didn't work to produce a particular result; they acted to ensure there was a result that was legal and credible. And they succeeded.

Hats off to them, I say.

edit on 10/2/21 by Astyanax because: he didn't just make up part of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But they didn't do any of that. You're just making it all up.

They acted together, as responsible citizens, to protect the election. They didn't work to produce a particular result; they acted to ensure there was a result that was legal and credible. And they succeeded.

Hats off to them, I say.

What the actual flying # are you smoking today?? What they did was flat out election interference and intimidation, just done artfully enough at arms length to get Shiny Things folk like thou defending it.

Responsible citizens, what a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join