It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mea Culpa, et al

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Over the last few days Candace Owens has been making minor stirs by floating a POTUS run. And im sure im not the only person that would be interested in voting for her, at least with what i know today.

But something she has said is ringing with me. Im not a shrinking violet or anything. But i generally try to make it through life without conflict. This thing with the 6th...i mostly just ignore it and let the zealots say whatever they are saying. It'll bite them int he ass in the long run. But Owens points out that this isn't enough. That we need to push back against the narrative being formed to begin with. This isn't about DJT, this is about allowing half the nation to be gaslit into thinking that we have done something wrong.

Some facts that I think should be considered:

- There was no "insurrection". There was a violent protest. And this protest appears to ahve included ANTIFA as well as Trump supporters. And it seems that, similar to Summer of Love strategy, ANTIFA agitated and assisted in the mayhem.
- The "unfounded claims" are only unfounded because no one has had official hearings on it. SCOTUS has announced plans to evaluate it in the future and issue opinions from there. But to date, the claims have not been aired
- A coup was attempted in 2016 when Trump won. This coup did not cease. Time Magazine published an article last week discussing this coup, framed as "saving democracy" (ignoring it was democracy that elected Trump...this is Orwellian speak). The events in the weeks following the November election amount to a continuation of this coup which finally succeeded

These are the facts as I see them. And while i have no desire to argue with people in social media about this, i do feel the need to begin pushing back on the lies that are becoming accepted as truth. Trump and his followers didn't conduct a coup. He was the victim of one.

Some of you may recall my projections that Trump would win in a huge (10mil vote) margin. After seeing the superbowl and hearing the crowd reactions to much of the Biden and social justice nonsense, i can't help but think I was right. Except the coup prevented the final tally from representing that reality.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As always thoughtful articulate and on point...

Get out of my head.. kidding I am not even in the same zipcode for being articulate.

For the most part I pick my battled, I think those days are dead and we that are being painted as domestic terrorists (if the list I saw was right for the Down day on extremism in the military its going to be most of the military) we cant sit back and wait for the perfect moment this is WW1 they need to be fought every step of the way.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'd vote for her!!!

I've listened to her radio program.

No I don't agree with everything she says.

But I agree with most of it and find her to be a woman of integrity.

However, before she can run the Democrats will find a way to destroy her, watch and see.

They can't have a strong black woman run as a conservative, that would hurt the Democratic Party's ownership of black people.

I'd actually campaign for her - but it won't get to that - the liberals will find a way to destroy her, even if they have to make stuff up and pound it into the psyche of the American public so that the average idiot believes the lie.
That is their typical way of handling someone who has a good chance of beating them in elections.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know enough about her policies, but I sure do agree with here on those points, and the fact that she is making them, means she has a brain, and seems to use it.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is she not far too young for president?Maybe 2028.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 8-2-2021 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At this rate, we may need a presidential election every 2 years.

Besides, government is basically still using horse and buggy speed procedures in an age with instant communication. Plus with everyone locked down and not indulging fully in their passionate hobbies. They are paying more attention.

4 years is a long time to sit and watch corruption flourish.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

She is 31 right now. In April she will be 32.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We need a Presidential Triumvirate and not just one person. Three Presidents who have overlapping terms so the office always has at least two experienced Presidents already there working. Best two out of three Presidents passes the laws.

Might go a long way toward avoiding any one person from gaining too much political power and help refocus the debate back on the issues, rather than personalities and loopy narratives. I guess three lunatics could get elected, but it's a lot less likely.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk

At this rate, you won't get another presidential election, period.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

This is why I keep saying that America chose truth over facts.

Fact: Trump likely won.

Truth: Biden will likely be president.

Until and unless we have a real and serious investigation of this last election, I can't consider Uncle Joe as the actual president. It's sad because as much as I disliked his policies and wished he weren't there, I felt like Obama was the president.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Nivhk

At this rate, you won't get another presidential election, period.

Correct. Nor did we have one in November.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
We need a Presidential Triumvirate and not just one person. Three Presidents who have overlapping terms so the office always has at least two experienced Presidents already there working. Best two out of three Presidents passes the laws.

Might go a long way toward avoiding any one person from gaining too much political power and help refocus the debate back on the issues, rather than personalities and loopy narratives. I guess three lunatics could get elected, but it's a lot less likely.

Ruling by committee rarely works. We need the POTUS to be brought to heel as the impotent leader he was intended to be. He is a "head of state" and thats about it. This ruling by executive action is an example of this overstep, and displays the utter lack of stability it provides.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Before Candace O can do anything, she needs to unite the GOP. I don't think she can, the Qanon half of the Republican party is entrenched in their views and look upon Jan 6th as a victory and any politician not falling in line with their extreme ideology is viewed as an enemy. Marjorie Taylor Greene would have a better shot at it than Ms. O.
edit on 8-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I’ve seen a few videos where someone attempted to “destroy” her. Each time is cringeworthy once she gets a chance to return the favor and demolish her opponent. Almost every time the opponent is left with a deer in the headlights look.
Very satisfying

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A good way to make people think an event never happened is to create an event and make people think it was worse than the event that never happened.

Welcome to the world of Democrat illusions 😎

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i do feel the need to begin pushing back on the lies that are becoming accepted as truth.

I don't see pushing back accomplishing anything at all at this point.

Half the country is appalled by the gaslighting ... the other half is cheering more whole-heartedly than Tampa fans were last night.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

She is a Trump conservative. She supported his presidency and likely would continue similar policies. Which arent that far flung honestly.

I would be happy aligning as a Trump conservative as i supported his policies as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is the best summation of the last 4 years in America I've read to date. If not pushed back lies become truth due to repetition which the media does very well. Next they will be teaching those same lies as "modern history" in academia and you can get a degree in Orange Man Bad (which looks great on your resume to any silicon valley tech companies)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The coup was a convenient excuse to declare the final vote tally flawed and poorly executed. It was meant to plant seeds of doubt and mistrust against the government and it's working.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join