It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Ron Wright dies following Covid diagnosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Washington(CNN)Republican Rep. Ron Wright of Texas has died, his congressional office announced in a statement Monday, saying that he had been admitted to the hospital after contracting Covid-19.

"Congressman Ron Wright passed away peacefully at the age of 67 on Feb. 7, 2021. His wife Susan was by his side and he is now in the presence of their Lord and Savior," the statement read. "For the previous two weeks, Ron and Susan had been admitted to Baylor Hospital in Dallas after contracting COVID-19."

Wright is the first sitting member of Congress to die after contracting Covid. In December, Congressman-elect Luke Letlow died after being diagnosed with the disease.

Source

I'm actually kind of surprised this is the first sitting member of Congress to die from COVID. Luke Letlow died in December but he hadn't been sworn in yet.

I'm not all that familiar with Wright's history. I believe he was elected in 2018 and had just won reelection in November. Outside of that though, I'm not really sure what his policies were or what committees he was on.

That said my condolences go out to his family. Let this be a stark reminder that this virus is deadly and not even those in power are safe from it.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

1. Luke Letlow died of cardiac arrest. Counted as covid of course though.

2. Ron Wright was not a man "in power".

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
According to my local news, he was battling cancer pretty good.

I think I'll chalk him kicking the bucket up to the much deadlier cancer here, kthx.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

He had been battling cancer for several years. Yep, COVID, the cancer had nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I think I'll chalk him kicking the bucket up to the much deadlier cancer here, kthx.

I'm not sure you're getting how this works. Underlying health conditions, for whatever reason, make covid more deadly.

Any of us could be walking about with undiagnosed health issues. This is why lockdowns and mask wearing is happening.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

1. Luke Letlow died of cardiac arrest. Counted as covid of course though.

2. Ron Wright was not a man "in power".

covid causes things like cardiac arrest. So of course dying from something caused by covid, is counted as a covid death. just like a friend who died a couple weeks ago due to the damage covid did to his lungs and other organs. so even though he did not have covid at the time of his death, it was still covid that killed him.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wonder if he’ll start tweeting from the grave like Herman Cain talking about how COVID is no more dangerous than the flu.

Link

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I'm not sure you're getting how this works. Underlying health conditions, for whatever reason, make covid more deadly.

Any of us could be walking about with undiagnosed health issues. This is why lockdowns and mask wearing is happening.

The flu would have killed him, too.

Let me be VERY blunt here, screw feelings.

If a strong cold or flu sends to you the cemetary, then you were already most of the way in the cemetary gate to begin with. Stop crying about it, we're not invincible and we don't live forever. An itty bitty minority of folks get the short end of the draw and are #ed over dead by mutated colds and flus every year. I'm not getting worked up & doling out pity points over this because someone had bad odds.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I’m COMPLETELY sure you are not getting how this works.

Lockdowns and mask wearing are happening because too many people are in your same brainwashed follow-orders bucket and refuse to think for themselves and ask even one question about the myriad of contradictions your owners have been telling you about this virus.

Lockdowns and mask wearing is happening because too many people are weak.
edit on 8-2-2021 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That and the hyper-sterilization obsession starting to bring out fears of mutating things much worse than Covid as a result of going Full Dumb Ass and going so far overboard. Mmm, not just super duper covids, but more super duper bacteria, too! GREAT job, dimwited Americans! We didn't learn jack # from the MRSA lesson!

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hyper-sterilization, yep! Weak, weak, weak stupid people. By this point, the outright contradictions and gaslighting are SO completely obvious that those who don’t see it now are CHOOSING to not see it. Which means they want to be afraid and they want to be owned. But anyway, on the hyper-sterilization:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My brother recently died of Covid.

One of those very healthy all his life, never sick, goes to the gym every day, kind of people.

No underlying health issue.
edit on 8-2-2021 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss Annee. a reply to: Annee

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Covid eradicated the flu and no one dies of old age anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That is correct. Like Herman Cain, who was also battling cancer, Covid-19 pushed Senator Wright over the cliff. I think the same phenomena caused Larry King to die 2 weeks ago.

Hank Aaron got a Covid-19 Vaccine and died 2 weeks later.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I saw that as Ron White at first and was like... Nooooo!!

Still sad for his family and friends. Condolences to them.
edit on 2/8/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That is correct. Like Herman Cain, who was also battling cancer, Covid-19 pushed Senator Wright over the cliff. I think the same phenomena caused Larry King to die 2 weeks ago.

Hank Aaron got a Covid-19 Vaccine and died 2 weeks later.

The problem is because Covid data and the propaganda is so distorted, we don't know if their deaths are normal or not. In previous years, it would have just been the Congressman died after a battle with lung cancer...

Now we just assume no one was supposed to die until they caught covid no matter how messed up their health may have been before hand.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Sorry for your loss Annee. a reply to: Annee
Echoed.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
My brother recently died of Covid.

One of those very healthy all his life, never sick, goes to the gym every day, kind of people.

No underlying health issue.

Sorry to hear of your loss...

On the other hand, my mother is 76, has advanced stage MS that has her wheelchair bound, diabetes, high blood pressure, and former smoker... and lives in a LTC facility. She tested positive and I don't think she even ran a fever.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If he was battling cancer, I'm betting his WBC was not the greatest. This could easily lead to death from complications of covid 19, because the disease enables onset of pneumonia and pulmonary embolism and other issues.

I'm right there with all you, because I had a fatality where a kid died in my jurisdiction and I helped get the pieces of him out of his car. That was a covid death as well. But this definitely fits the bill. As much as we are fed bulls*, there are deaths that are happening because of covid. Will he have died without it? Yes. Would it have been now? Who's to say.
edit on 8-2-2021 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join