It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting Your Capital During A War

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Here's something to think about ... Always good to plan ahead.

Required Link to Article

1. Survival goods
Prices for daily necessities shot up during the war. And so, the people who got rich were often the black marketers. The black market was the most lucrative profession and the best source of wealth as the war raged on. Stocks, land, real estate and businesses on the other hand, worked only if you had a very long-term horizon.

What black marketers did was hoarding survival goods such as clothing and food and then selling them at high prices to desperate fellow citizens. Then using their black money to buy and hoard gold.

In Japan, people became increasingly desperate as the war progressed. Becoming cold and hungry, paying up for clothes, food and whatever other survival goods they could get their hands on. Even selling land at fire-sale prices in order to survive. Biggs tells stories of people involved in the sourcing of black market construction material for the rebuilding of bombed out cities, making fortunes in the process.

After liberation, known black marketers were often physically abused and their property seized, especially in Italy. But others managed to use their ill-gotten wealth to buy real businesses after the war. In the end, black marketers ended up ahead of almost everybody else.
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a trend there. If you don't know how to do it ... black marketing that is ... might be time for you to look into the trade. LMAO

The sourced article is a good read if you've got some time today.

Cheers,
Snarl

edit on 822021 by Snarl because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Here's something to think about ... Always good to plan ahead.

Required Link to Article

1. Survival goods
Prices for daily necessities shot up during the war. And so, the people who got rich were often the black marketers. The black market was the most lucrative profession and the best source of wealth as the war raged on. Stocks, land, real estate and businesses on the other hand, worked only if you had a very long-term horizon.

What black marketers did was hoarding survival goods such as clothing and food and then selling them at high prices to desperate fellow citizens. Then using their black money to buy and hoard gold.

In Japan, people became increasingly desperate as the war progressed. Becoming cold and hungry, paying up for clothes, food and whatever other survival goods they could get their hands on. Even selling land at fire-sale prices in order to survive. Biggs tells stories of people involved in the sourcing of black market construction material for the rebuilding of bombed out cities, making fortunes in the process.

After liberation, known black marketers were often physically abused and their property seized, especially in Italy. But others managed to use their ill-gotten wealth to buy real businesses after the war. In the end, black marketers ended up ahead of almost everybody else.
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a trend there. If you don't know how to do it ... black marketing that is ... might be time for you to look into the trade. LMAO

The sourced article is a good read if you've got some time today.

Cheers,
Snarl

Don't necessarily need a war....fear seems too work as well. Look what's happened to cost of ammo and firearms. I've been doing gun shows for 35 years or so and these last few months have been the craziest I've seen. Ammo has skyrocketed...9mm going for $35 to $40 a box of 50.....22 lr . 20 cents a round....any JHP going for a buck a round and more. Hard to find any Glock 9mm semi-autos for less than $700....AR-15s $900 and up. This will only increase as we wait for bills like H.R. 127 to possibly pass , which could usher in civil unrest.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

My father didn't like to call pasta "traditional Italian food ". During WW2 Polenta was poor people's food.

Pasta was for rich people. Make your own conclusions.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Those with means to secure what they have will survive. Americans may not know this but now the monthly income in Russia is around $200 to $250 a month. Yes, Russia too is falling apart from within. Japan's retails sales are down 47% . Prices going up and now with the Yen nearing 106 per dollar, imports are going to be more expensive.

Tough times starting in May for everyone. Grab the sun while you can. Biden acts fast just like the fence he put up around the Capital.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You forgot the best black marketeers in war are the bankers.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Japan during the war was too long ago to be relevant.
What you should look at is Venezuela.
Clothing is not scarce, if anything people have too much clothing now.

It is the opposite now, gold & silver has been used to buy food.
Booze is also high value for trading.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Booze will be huge. An alcoholic quitting cold turkey...the detox can be death. I imagine people would trade a lot to not die. All for a beverage that gets you buzzed...And the even sadder part is unless weened off of it, you're just gonna need more tomorrow, and the day after and the day after.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
George Soros got his start in business by cleaning out the homes of Jewish people of their valuables. It would surprise me to discover he was also selling the gold teeth from the death camps. These are the lowest breed of human who take advantage of the troubles of others to enrich themselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
These are the lowest breed of human who take advantage of the troubles of others to enrich themselves.

LOL - You did get the sense that my tongue was in my cheek when I pinned the OP to the boards?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bear in mind, if you're doing this, that hoarding will be illegal That's why the market has to be "black". That's another lesson from the world wars. As soon as food rationing was introduced, it became illegal to possess food above your ration even if it had been bought long previously. So if you begin hoarding for the sake of selling at a profit, law officers wil be after you.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Bear in mind, if you're doing this, that hoarding will be illegal That's why the market has to be "black". That's another lesson from the world wars. As soon as food rationing was introduced, it became illegal to possess food above your ration even if it had been bought long previously. So if you begin hoarding for the sake of selling at a profit, law officers wil be after you.

There are still plenty of hoarding laws in effect right now, a person should not be saying too much about what they stock on the internet. I have three months of food in stock in rotation.....but I have to make sure the kids and grandkids are fed too if something happens. I am trying to get them to stock up but they suck at rotating the food and wind up throwing stuff out or go down to almost nothing in stock when they decide to eat it down to rotate it. Maybe I should buy them some good upright freezers to store their frozen stuff so we can shut down two freezers. It is nice having stuff in stock, the kids usually come to get supplies from us, at least we get to see them and they come for dinner when they come....we bribe them with meals to come and visit, the same way my parents and the wife's parents did.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I learned stock rotation in my youth, by working in bars during the college vacation. Not easy to get that kind of experience, at the moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: rickymouse
I learned stock rotation in my youth, by working in bars during the college vacation. Not easy to get that kind of experience, at the moment.

We have shelving units and rotate just like they do in the stores, we also write the best by date on the can with a marker. Acid foods are good for six months after that date, and base foods are good for a year. Of course, you can go longer, but we try to stay within the guidelines and rarely throw anything away other than foods we bought to try and bought two or three cans and found we did not like it. Now we just buy one to try to see if it is any good, some canned food brands suck.

We also buy when stuff goes on sale, like buying Muir Glen canned tomato products for a buck a can.....I really like the Muir Glen tomato products, which sucks since I am allergic to tomatoes....so I suffer more since we started buying those for stock.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Easy to hide but better to just defend your food.

All enemies foreign and domestic

Maybe have a plan to quickly destroy your supplies should it appear you're about to be overrun

Destroying the supplies is good strategy. Disincentives the illegal theft of supplies, risk v reward etc
edit on 2/8/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip. I won't personally be involved in any black market sales that take advantage of people during a pandemic because I have ethics. But if someone else wants to make lots of money, I won't stop them. I definitely am not against people hoarding during hard times! I think it's smart.
edit on 08pmMon, 08 Feb 2021 22:26:34 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's funny - at first, I thought this thread was about the importance of protecting the U.S. Capital!
edit on 08pmMon, 08 Feb 2021 22:27:31 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join