It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modified AstraZeneca vaccine aimed at South Africa strain expected by fall, researcher says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I read that we need to get 70-80% of the population vaccinated to gain herd immunity and that it is going to take several years to do it at the current pace. I'm guessing if they do manage to keep tweaking out boosters, we still aren't going to see the pandemic really lift. Not enough people will accept vaccination and the hospitals will still be jammed up with people. If the U.S. doesn't get it together, I'm going to be an expat again. I want to eat sushi at the bar and get the chef drunk with me as soon as possible.

Sarah Gilbert, Oxford University's lead vaccine developer, told the BBC that "This year we expect to show that the new version of the vaccine will generate antibodies and recognize the new variant. And then it will be very much like working on flu vaccines, so people will be familiar with the idea that we have to have new components, new strains in the flu vaccine every year,"

M odified AstraZeneca vaccine aimed at South Africa strain expected by fall, researcher says
edit on 7 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Yeah, as expected.

This will become an annual thing going forward.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
We are only going to see about 50-60% compliance unless they send the national guard out to hold people down to make sure that everyone gets it. I said I'm bailing if they can't get the pandemic under control, but I'll bail faster if they start forcing vaccines on us.

edit on 7 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Better leave now or before the vaccine passports go live.

You may not be able to leave..... legally anyway.

Fun times!

🤦🏾‍♂️

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I'm already vaccinated. I'm saying that I wouldn't want to live here if they start with forced vaccinations. I wish everyone would get vaccinated, but who am I to dictate what others do with their body? Been my philosophy for just about my entire life.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I don't think its proper to use the term "South Africa" in association with the virus. It's not politically correct, just like using "China" in connection with Covid-19 is not allowed.

BTW...Where can I find the number of deaths this particular strain is responsible for?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm just reporting the news and have no idea how many people were "really killed by the virus".

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

'To each their own..' I can dig it.

However, soon they'll want proof you're vaccinated to engage in an array of human dealings.

Then it's not so much 'to each their own' anymore.

🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
I think people will need a vaccine for before they will allowed to do many normal things. I also think people will be allowed to choose not to be vaccinated and everyone will have to still wear masks if enough aren't vaccinated to snuff out the pandemic.

I looked to see how many deaths this variant is responsible for but only see that it is 50% more infectious and they are extrapolating that it is causing more deaths because more become infected.

I only got vaccinated when it became available to me because I want to freely fly to Japan and back as much as I feel like.
edit on 8 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I read that we need to get 70-80% of the population vaccinated to gain herd immunity and that it is going to take several years to do it at the current pace

I want to eat sushi at the bar and get the chef drunk with me as soon as possible.

There will be no return to any sort of normal regardless of vaccination numbers. Only difference at first will be whether you can work or not within this year to start with.

Cannot believe what im reading these days on ATS with regards to what is happening.
edit on 8-2-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Better leave now or before the vaccine passports go live.

You may not be able to leave..... legally anyway.

Fun times!

🤦🏾‍♂️

Yeah pretty much. I read an MSM article that said something like “While we’re sorry to say vaccine passports aren’t ready to go as of just yet....”

I stopped reading there to go wash myself

top topics

join