It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Common Medication Could Save You From Severe COVID, New Study Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Montreal Heart Institute is reporting that colchicine reduces the risk of death or hospitalization due to coronavirus disease. They also reported that the control group had fewer cases of pneumonia as well as a reduced need for supplemental oxygen. Colchicine is cheap, orally administered, and has few known side effects.

This Common Medication Could Save You From Severe COVID, New Study Says:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Done a quick search online seems hard to find, but it can be found. And it is in fact cheap. Have you tried it or going to?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

I'd consider it if I get sick, but I've already been vaccinated. I also think I am one of those people who don't really catch it from the beginning or I caught it unknowingly and became immune. I was exposed numerous times and never felt sick or tested positive.

I don't know if it would work to prevent infection or not. I think it just prevents the inflammation that leads to severe covid. I don't think it's something a person would need to take unless they are exposed or infected. Getting some just in case could be wise, because the availability may not be there for covid patients. I would say the easiest way for the insured to get it would be come down with gout and I'm 3/4 of the way there already.
edit on 7 2 2021 by tamusan because: I think I will go make another ham, provolone, heavy mayo, onion, lettuce, picked red hot peppers, onion, and submarine sandwich oil and seasoning on sourdough roll

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This was in a German doctor's newspaper in July 2020.

However it's not available without prescription here.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I tried to hack the chemistry to find it or similar chemistry in foods and herbs we could get at a reasonable price. It is a hard one to hack, it is a natural chemical found in food chemistry of a specific chrocus plant. In the tuber, but the plant also contains toxins which I could not find how to detoxify .

There are plenty of ways to buffer the virus so it only gives you a mild illness, I use some of these chemistries in my diet daily to treat my epilepsy. I will still probably get a mild case and immunity if I am exposed since my risk is not as bad as many of my friends. But still I could get it along with another disease if I am dangerous and it could kill me too, just like it could kill anyone who gets it along with another disease or deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body. I probably do not have a deficiency, but someone who ate Junk food all the time probably is at a higher risk because of deficiencies.

Remember how a while ago there was a College that did a study on vitamins and concluded that most people do not benefit from a multivitamin.....During Covid a group did research on whether a multivitamin/multimineral lowered risk of a worse event and it definitely did, it reduced the risk considerably. I think I would get rid of any evidence of that viral article that hit the news if I were that university, it is making them look bad.....oh wait, people cannot retain information like that anymore, and a hundred times more people saw that university article than saw the research article I mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Colchicine used to be cheap, just pennies, but not any more here in the US.

A company bought the rights to it some years ago, and has a trademarked name, Colchrys. If I'm reading correctly, 3 tabs now cost about $20

new topics

top topics

join