It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats App changed its services today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: musicismagic

I think you didnt read the update

No?

Your Messages. We do not retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Instead, your messages are stored on your device and not typically stored on our servers. Once your messages are delivered, they are deleted from our servers. The following scenarios describe circumstances where we may store your messages in the course of delivering them:
  • Undelivered Messages. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if the recipient is offline), we keep it in encrypted form on our servers for up to 30 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it.

• Media Forwarding. When a user forwards media within a message, we store that media temporarily in encrypted form on our servers to aid in more efficient delivery of additional forwards.
We offer end-to-end encryption for our Services. End-to-end encryption means that your messages are encrypted to protect against us and third parties from reading them.

WhatsApp Privacy Policy, Feb 2021

chats will now go into google drive

Who told you this, Qanon?

WhatsApp belongs to Facebook. Drive belongs to Google. They can’t stand each other.

That was on my android phone yesterday about going to Google Drive and at google drive the messages are not encripted.

Only your backed up messages are not encrypted. I don't use WhatsApp, but I've set it up on many phones at work and I've seen the only options to backup messages and media is in Google drive or Apple's iCloud. The other option is to send individual threads to an email address.

Backing up the messages would only be necessary if you want to transfer everything to a new device or have to wipe the one you currently use. The backup option is turned off by default.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I used a burner phone to make my google account several years ago. Someone else could have that number by now I guess. But it's what I use for posting stuff online.

Nothing connects back to me other than my isp.
edit on 8-2-2021 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's been extendedto 15th May, and that was on 16th January, so this info is outdated.

I'll be dissing it long before then.

edit on 8-2-2021 by TortoiseKweek because: formatting

new topics

<< 1   >>

join