It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ineffectual AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout Stopped in South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So news just in ... the million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine just purchased by the South African government is useless against the new variant of the virus - 501Y.V2

IOL

Wits Professor Shabir Madhi told a media briefing on Sunday that results from the trials show that the AstraZeneca vaccine was less effective against mild and moderate forms of the B.1.351 coronavirus variant first identified in the country. He said it was “disappointing” and a reality check.

News24

Viruses mutate, so it's obvious to me that that the vaccine we get now that would have been affective 3 months ago will no longer be so, especially if the government is slow in responding - as the South African government has been. So my opinion? Natural immunity is still the way to go.
edit on 7/2/2021 by deltaalphanovember because: spelling

edit on 7/2/2021 by deltaalphanovember because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So less effective than ineffectual flu shots?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

haha - well some people swear by their annual flu shots. They have always made me feel worse.

Am I saying flu shots don't work? No, I am just saying I have a choice to take it or not. Just like there should be a choice for the covid vaccine. I wear a mask in public and I sanitise... these are trivial precautions I can live with.

I do not want to be a guinea pig for a pharmaceutical company - especially where the guinea pig actually pays to be a guinea pig.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.

Unless you have an underlying health condition. Then just hope and pray that you are going to get away with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

haha - well some people swear by their annual flu shots. They have always made me feel worse.

Am I saying flu shots don't work? No, I am just saying I have a choice to take it or not. Just like there should be a choice for the covid vaccine. I wear a mask in public and I sanitise... these are trivial precautions I can live with.

I do not want to be a guinea pig for a pharmaceutical company - especially where the guinea pig actually pays to be a guinea pig.
If you were told you could play for free at a gambling table, but there was a 70-80% chance you would lose and then you’d have to pay......kinda this?

That’s how I look at it anyway
edit on 7-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

No, it's not ineffective. You might still get covid after getting the astra zeneca vaccine, but it will still protect you against severe outcomes.

Oxford-AstraZeneca's vaccine offers "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant, scientists say early trials suggest.

"A new study, not yet peer reviewed, involved about 2,000 people who were on average 31 years old.

But Prof Sarah Gilbert, Oxford lead vaccine developer, said vaccines should still protect against severe disease".
edit on 7-2-2021 by Coagula because: quote

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coagula

But Prof Sarah Gilbert, Oxford lead vaccine developer, said vaccines should still protect against severe disease".

"Should" being the key word here and there's a huge difference between should and will. Until then, it's "Operation Guinea Pig Population".

Personally, I'm not willing to use my body, or have my body used, to try out multiple renditions until it works, sorry.
edit on 2/7/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coagula

No, it's not ineffective. You might still get covid after getting the astra zeneca vaccine, but it will still protect you against severe outcomes.

Oxford-AstraZeneca's vaccine offers "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant, scientists say early trials suggest.

"A new study, not yet peer reviewed, involved about 2,000 people who were on average 31 years old.

So all we gotta do forever is just come up with new vaccines for new variants, inject them, and then we’ll all be able to go on roller-coasters again?

Hmmm....no thanks

Edit: I haven’t had a single shot, or the second. Not the mRNA one, nor the ones being recalled. I’m goin to a Super Bowl party with my immediate family in hopes of catching up and watching Brady cry.

So nanny-nanny-boo-boo

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Coagula

This is where we start to worry about the effectiveness of vaccines, specifically the effectiveness of neutralizing antibodies. These types of viruses love to do this, making small changes that give them an edge and the antibody loses effectiveness. It may even become non neutralizing and help the virus evade the immune response and start targeting cells of the innate immune system. Luckily we make so many for each exposure.

Another problem is if less antibodies bind, this could decrease the chance of complement successfully activating and stimulating antigen presenting cells to take up virus/infected cells and present viral antigen to adaptive immune cells. Complement needs more than one antibody in a certain space to work properly. This could also influence B cells and prevent antigen presentation there, further limiting a good response to clear the pathogen.

It’s starting to remind me of those studies where CoV makes subtle changes and then starts using the antibodies against the host to evade the immune response and influence signaling and causing severe disease, even with some good antibodies. I guess the hope is the immunity from the vaccine uses some antibodies to stop or slow the infection until new antibodies can be made for those structural changes.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The covid 19 GMO synthetic injections are weak, this why Merck stop their trials, they may help make you less of the symptoms but as the makers has said this injections will not stop covid and will not stop you from getting.

But that littler piece of synthetic DNA is there to stay in your body.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Coagula

This is where we start to worry about the effectiveness of vaccines, specifically the effectiveness of neutralizing antibodies. These types of viruses love to do this, making small changes that give them an edge and the antibody loses effectiveness. It may even become non neutralizing and help the virus evade the immune response and start targeting cells of the innate immune system. Luckily we make so many for each exposure.

Another problem is if less antibodies bind, this could decrease the chance of complement successfully activating and stimulating antigen presenting cells to take up virus/infected cells and present viral antigen to adaptive immune cells. Complement needs more than one antibody in a certain space to work properly. This could also influence B cells and prevent antigen presentation there, further limiting a good response to clear the pathogen.

It’s starting to remind me of those studies where CoV makes subtle changes and then starts using the antibodies against the host to evade the immune response and influence signaling and causing severe disease, even with some good antibodies. I guess the hope is the immunity from the vaccine uses some antibodies to stop or slow the infection until new antibodies can be made for those structural changes.
Since when is medical science founded on “hope”?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have my Ivermectin.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
SCIENCE

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't care have'nt vaxed since the marine corps I don't mask and I don't live in a bubble. If disease laden children don't have to neither will I. Kids are germ factories unless "science" reversed that script going into stores sneezing and coughing and touching everything lol this covid is still bull sh it always will be. Next time I see a bat as much as I like them I am going to shoot it and grill it.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Since always lol, basically you make an educated guess and then hope the experiment works out and proves your hypothesis and secures more funding for your lab.

Not too appropriate for a vaccine though, you’re absolutely right. After what I went through, I’m advising people to be careful and make an educated decision with their medical provider.

There are few things that fit in this category for me, gas chamber training in the military, falling off a roof, falling down a pile of sharp rocks on a mountain bike, swine flu vaccine, food poisoning, and the COVID vaccine. It was on the same level as having my impacted wisdom teeth removed. I’m not doing that every year.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Astra Zeneca is the only vaccine that is traditionally developed - Viral Vector. As opposed to the other ones that are mRNA2 based (First of a kind and highly experimental).

Strange that the Oxford Vaccine is becoming the most frequently attacked via the media etc.

Better the Devil you know and all that, given that this vaccine is not going to be forced at all (sarcasm)... but... if you do not get it you will not be able to enter workplaces, travel, shop in person, go to a bar/pub, restaurant, cinema or do anything other than stay in house arrest mode. Meanwhile lockdowns will continue regardless of vaccinated or not, makes sense, in the UK at least

edit on 7-2-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Since always lol, basically you make an educated guess and then hope the experiment works out and proves your hypothesis and secures more funding for your lab.

Not too appropriate for a vaccine though, you’re absolutely right. After what I went through, I’m advising people to be careful and make an educated decision with their medical provider.

There are few things that fit in this category for me, gas chamber training in the military, falling off a roof, falling down a pile of sharp rocks on a mountain bike, swine flu vaccine, food poisoning, and the COVID vaccine. It was on the same level as having my impacted wisdom teeth removed. I’m not doing that every year.
Thank you for sharing your point of view and acknowledging this “vaccine” and the program delivering it is less than ideal

Unless you’re Big Pharma of course (not you personally)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Astra Zeneca vaccine is like the Johnson and Johnson, same way they were made, I was confusing moderna with Astra, I see now, but even a bit of the DNA of the virus still will make antivirus.

Pfizer and moderna will not stop covid from infecting either.

new topics

top topics

join