It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Breaks Her Own Rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Remember those metal detectors installed in the Capitol because Democrats are so deathly afraid of those Republican members who carry? They're a threat, you know ...

Well, Speaker Pelosi made rule that everyone had to go through those things to enter or leave, and when some were caught using an entrance called the speaker's lobby which does not have metal detectors, they were fined $5,000 and made to pay up.

When several House members ignored the metal detectors and entered through what’s known as “the speaker’s lobby,” Pelosi began issuing fines for evading the metal detectors. Rep. Louis Gohmert was fined $5,000 after briefly leaving the floor to go to the bathroom.

That's a $5,000 tinkle! Heckuva "swear jar" they've got going on there.

But, guess who got caught not following her own rules?

But Pelosi herself is guilty of the exact same thing. Rep. Rodney Davis caught Pelosi entering through the speaker’s lobby while evading the detectors.

The rule is that no one can use that entrance unless they are disabled. Pelosi is not disabled ... unless you count her not being able to get off the floor by herself after the kente cloth kneeling.

Somehow though, she doesn't seem to think she ought to pay. Davis reported her and Crenshaw has been after her too.

“Now is this a smart rule? No. Is this a rule that makes sense? No of course not. But that’s not the point, the point is they’re her rules. She’s literally confiscated property in the form of money, which we think is unconstitutional, but in any case they’re doing it,” the Texas Republican continued.

“She won’t abide by the rules herself so we’re going to make a huge push for her to actually have to pay that fine,” Crenshaw said.

Now Davis called the Capitol police to report the incident which is how this is all supposed to go, and they are supposed to report it to the Sergeant at Arms who issues the fine, but the Capitol police *never* reported it. House Republicans have sent a letter to Blodgett (Sergeant at Arms) demanding he enforce the rule, so we'll see how this goes.

"If you want to know who rules over you, look at who you are not allowed to criticize." - Orwell
edit on 7-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And the answer to this is to be overtly obstinate and arrogant. If you ignore it, then double down about how virtuous you are, everyone else needs to bow to your awesomeness and it's over. See also John Kerry and a private jet trip to accept a climate award.

Very few have the testicular fortitude to do anything about this. I hope Crenshaw keeps the pressure on that lovely old lady. (notice I didn't call her a bitch)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That drunk hag gargoyle bitch is completely worthless.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think the hilarious thing about this is that likely one of the only people in the House disabled enough to use the door in question is probably Madison Cawthorne.
edit on 7-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This is the kind of behavior the democrats and leftists want in their political leadership or else they wouldn't vote for them.

QED

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

These are the same people living behind walls telling everyone else that walls are bad.

It’s rules for thee not for me..

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Joey may have dementia, but Nancy is demented.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

She's just a mean drunk.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm waiting for her heartfelt plea on CNN stating she was "setup" and someone said she could do it. You know an "anonymous source told me it was OK...".

She is such a lying tool IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
But she was wearing a mask though....right?

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Do none of the leftovers here see this for what it is, or are they just afraid to speak out in fear of being canceled? I cannot believe none of them are smart enough to see it.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

She's just a mean drunk.

Indeed she is, but I really do think the woman has mental health issues beyond her usual megalomaniacal tendencies.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
well in her defense an extremely strong argument can be made that she is disabled, cause her brain aint been right in decades.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

That drunk hag gargoyle bitch is completely worthless.

She probably could use the excuse she had too much wine with her ice cream. In her mind, that would be a legitimate excuse for her ignorance of the rules. She could also state she fell for a lie and was taken advantage of by her own delusion...definitely something the Democrats would back her on. It was because of stress caused by fear of the covid line at the metal detector could be another possible excuse she could use, after all she is definitely in the high risk covid group, and she makes the rules with the power of Thors Gavel.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And this is surprising exactly why?

That cow and her comrades all think they are some kind of royalty and that the rules only apply to use plebes.

Hopefully, their day will come ...

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Mask rule

Pronoun rule

Metal Detector rule

😎something isn't right here

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Alcohol abuse for decades will definitely do that. I'd be willing to bet her liver looks like a raisin at this point.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Instead of legitimizing the rule and demanding that Pelosi pay the fine, they should be using this opportunity to de-legitimize the rule, and not only demand an end to the rule, but a refund of the previous fines.

It's never a good idea to set a precedent you don't want to keep.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

I would love to meet her long term doc cause they must be AMAZING at their job to keep her alive to this point.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The rule is that no one can use that entrance unless they are disabled.

Does having to wear a colostomy bag count as 'disabled'?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join