It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You said it in front of your phone - now it comes up in your social/advertising feed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Blue Shift

I was half joking.
It's most likely from previous eBay use.
The part that I find annoying about the adverts is that they just never seem to advertise anything that I want. Even though I know they should be able to see what I've bought previously.
I'm aware that they'll know all that stuff but why do I see ads for car maintenance things?
I don't drive anymore and haven't owned a car for years.
Poor targeting.

Now....about those FREE slip mats???

It's always things I want for me... Just not stuff I can afford.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
I get youtube ads for the retirement home where I work.

My youtube account is not linked to anything where I've searched for this.

I don't think I've ever even typed my employer's name anywhere on my computer, so I'm puzzled here as well.

It's about location. If you have a google account you can find the my locations section and it tells you everywhere you go. It's stunningly accurate.

A lot of apps have that running in the background.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Bloodworth
If you want to use an app you must give up access to your phones

Camera
Microphone
Internet history
GPS history
Contact information

No, that depends on the app. When I installed a QR Code reader app a couple of months ago it asked for access to the camera, photos, contacts and GPS. I accepted access to the camera and rejected the others. It worked as expected.

All this social data is mostly going to China where there are putting it into computers to learn how to enslave America's in a subtle way.

Do you have any proof of that? The data, usually, goes to the person/company that created the app, unless they gave/sold that information to others.

Soon china may create a virus that effects everyone without Chinese DNA.

The same can be said about any other technologically advanced country, like the US or most European countries.

Tik Toks parent company is Chinese. Tons of data and info on American youth being done.

The u.s and European countries are working on viruses that effect everyone but their dna?

Im sure the terms and agreements just for this website open up all your info.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Blue Shift

I was half joking.
It's most likely from previous eBay use.
The part that I find annoying about the adverts is that they just never seem to advertise anything that I want. Even though I know they should be able to see what I've bought previously.
I'm aware that they'll know all that stuff but why do I see ads for car maintenance things?
I don't drive anymore and haven't owned a car for years.
Poor targeting.

Now....about those FREE slip mats???

It's always things I want for me... Just not stuff I can afford.

I have wondered if I'm simply not wealthy enough to warrant much attention.
As a consumer I probably rank as "second hand scavenger" in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The u.s and European countries are working on viruses that effect everyone but their dna?

I don't know, is China doing it?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I don't know, is China doing it?

I wouldn't just pull that out of thin air. I read the other day that China is mixing the data collected on social media, the data from covid and dna testing that they buy from American companies.
Using this data and weaponizing it.

Since day 1 civilizations want to naturally grow larger, become more powerful, take over more land.
China has not stopped playing this game. The u.s. has.
Wars are rarely fought with traditional weapons and armies. When it attacks it will something new and unheard of. It always is

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Wars are rarely fought with traditional weapons and armies. When it attacks it will something new and unheard of. It always is

Covid anyone ??
edit on 10-2-2021 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Since day 1 civilizations want to naturally grow larger, become more powerful, take over more land.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of the term manifest destiny?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of the term manifest destiny?

No.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That would be a waste of time. The minute you start targeting people's haplotypes with deadly viruses is the minute you discover that the people you hate and your own ancestors were mating peacefully sometime in the (not too distant) past. We're all one big monkey family.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm sure everyone here has accidentally butt dialed someone before or have been butt dialed by a friend who left a 10 minutes of their lunch conversation on your phone that you didn't answer. I know I've done that and always hoped I didn't say the wrong thing, but there you go it happens.

So, on my current phone sometimes I'll say something to myself, someone I'm with, or giving the dog commands as we're out for a walk and my phone will respond accordingly which I thought was turned off or closed - yeah a voice starts talking to me from my pocket and I'm like wait a minute I shut you off 10 minutes ago. Thus the same thing happens with the adds, you thought you closed your phone or browser when you didn't or for some reason it stayed on and continued to listen - then later in the day these adds pop up relative to what you saw, did, or talked about that day. Sometimes my phone for unknown reasons doesn't completely lock and close then you butt dial it to open and suddenly it's doing unwanted searches. Very simple - no mystery.

I avoided smart phones for quite a few years, just because of the loss of complete control that you give up when choosing a brand or carrier. I even had a few discounted phones if I allowed more bloatware on board for one year from Amazon. I don't trust our phones and especially the ones you can't open and pull the battery out of. Hell, I still have black tape on my laptops camera lens and I know exactly how they work.
edit on 2/12/21 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join