It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Alien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
SyFy (grrrrr, hate the new name. As it should be nerdy so why the H3ll am I watching a Selma Hayek movie with her being a female Bruce Lee/Bruce Willis??), anywho,!got their act together and produced a TV show that looks like it was based on a graphic novel (I am a grown man and read very few β€œcomics” although Glass City, The Crow, and Fight Club have entered into my library):

Resident Alien.

There are three different stories going on. One is a murder/mystery; the other is a a story of a broken family and how their lives interact, and then the alien.

Is he a good guy or bad guy?!??!!

So the story starts with a crashed spaceship in Colorado. The alien kills a human and assumes his form. Then goes about his mission and looks for his weapon, the body that he threw into the lake, and tries not to draw attention to his doings.

His human cover is effective against almost everyone but there is one person who sees him as he is.

Set the plot up! Cook some popcorn and tune the n on Wednesday nights to get a good poke at all of our human conditions.

I laughed at the first two episodes! Love Alan Tudyk! And it is twisted enough to keep my attention.

YouTube trailer...

edit on 6-2-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: get corrected vid

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Last night I watched Bliss with Salma and Owen Wilson, great movie

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It was β€œEverly” that I was watching SyFy over and remembered this show had just come out.

Wednesday night.

Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thanks

I've recorded them, but haven't watched yet. I've only seen the commercials for it and thought it might be a twist on the old t.v. show "Northern Exposure"..

Looking forward to this.πŸ€—

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I like Tudyk as well, ever since Dodgeball. In this he is quirky and fits the main role well. The show could drop into total schmaltz but as yet has not, much to his abilities of carrying that character. I hope it keeps up as it wears on into the season.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Love you brother! Thanks for keeping us honest and me level! Hope Little Burgh is well! This has been the wildest 5 years so far!

No more super saturation on emotions. We all ride a nice wave!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We enjoyed the first episode and it looks up our kiddo's alley. The only trouble would be the constant language references he gets to look up on his phone like d-bag and the like. Sure some of them he's been introduced to at school, but you never know when you'll end up stepping on the landmine with the clueless, "Whaaaa?"

But if it doesn't get a whole lot more spicy than that, we can probably all watch.
edit on 6-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm digging it, it's predictable but fun. Plus Alan Tudyk, Serinity nooooooooooooo

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Heyyyy, look at that! February 3rd 2016! Happy ATS anniversary πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

To many moreπŸ€—

Edit: not entirely on subject. But cue Alan Tudyk driving ice cream truck. That man always cracks me up.πŸ˜„

edit on 6-2-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I got a chance to watch the extended trailer the other day and was sucked in.

So last night watched the first episode and loved the little twist and turns that he/she/it has to go through to act human. Love the whole concept and is no "cookie cutter" creation. Rather unique concept on a familiar theme as I look back at such classic's as "My Favorite Martian" (and others), most recently Venom.

I am going to guess that by the time he finds the earth-killer device, he will have regrets and not go through it. Which of course will make him a bad guy to his own race. And will they send out a rescue mission (and another bomb)?

Yep... this could be a really good series.

edit on 2/8/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Tiny Tiny Typos... brought to you by the same people that brought you Hungry Hungry Hippos

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

OMG I just watched the first episode..... Eureka!!! This show is it!!! Thank you SciFi!!!

An alien is stuck watching Law And Order! Doink Doink... I LOVE IT πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ–•πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
SyFy (grrrrr, hate the new name.

Forgot to mention earlier but back in 94 I had a subscription to the official channel's magazine and have them stashed away somewhere.

If memory serves me correct... 1st issue had Jack Nicholson as the Wolf and the second one had William Shatner and his Tek Wars. I think in total I have 2 years worth.

And yes... I was not pleased when they did their logo/name rebranding.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Sci fi!!!
It's SCI FI !!! NOT SHARKNADO!!! GRRR😁 SYFY

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This sounds pretty good, I always feel a little gutted though nowadays when I go to watch something and there are weekly eps, Netflix has spoiled me into block watching!

This is definitely going on the ''to watch'' list though.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
OK.. I'm liking this series more and more..

They Got Linda Hamilton (Terminator, others), Terry O'Quinn (Lost, others) and how about a real life UFO Investigator that has his own Meme Giorgio Tsoukalos (Ancient Aliens... yeau the "I'm not saying it's Aliens, BUT ALIENS).

Just to see him alone is well worth the charge of admission, but yeau, I'm getting more impressed.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Aw man, I'm intrigued, but if this is only on a cable network, I'm screwed unless using "alternative means" -- we cut the cable cord last year, just have Prime Video til we peruse the available listings enough and hop back to Netflix, or try something else.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip. I dig Alan Tudyk as he was great in Firefly and Dollhouse so I'll check it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

This show is actually very interesting and a bit off beat.

Which is OK by me!

It reminds me of another show that is based on a small town, with a doctor, strange residents, and an obvious choice that will have to happen: Northern Exposure!

Lots of similarities. But a bit more modern.

And I don’t care!

Seriously, bowling ball in the crotch will always make me laugh!!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Picked it and Watched it by accident and with low expectations, next thing i know i binged watch all the episodes and wanting more.

This clearly means only one thing. Syfy will cancel it.

edit on 53228America/ChicagoWed, 17 Feb 2021 00:53:01 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Don't give those asses any ideas, they might just run with them. Still pissed at what they did with Caprica.

The scene where the Sheriff pulls over the two kids on bicycles in tonight's episode was hilarious. "Keep your hands on the handlebars where I can see them" and "Get that reflector fixed", plus a few other choice lines, just made it too funny. Totally dug the scenes where the alien is trying to figure out how to use his body. Tudyk's fantastic, as always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join