It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel develops successful new treatment for Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Kind of disgusting to watch. This entire thing.

We have an entire planet affected by this "massive event" yet rather than the biggest heads coming together to determine a unified plan, research and response, we have this.

Multiple companies and nationalized systems doing their own thing. Racing to be "first to market" in their neck of the woods with a drug.

Really shows you how far we've sunk as a species.

JFC I hope we're never attacked by aliens

(I only want the good ones. The ones that take me away to a better place)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

We have an entire planet affected by this "massive event" yet rather than the biggest heads coming together to determine a unified plan, research and response, we have this.

Multiple companies and nationalized systems doing their own thing. Racing to be "first to market" in their neck of the woods with a drug.

Thank God!

What you seem to be suggesting is not a way to get the "biggest heads" together, but rather a way to limit response.

Just imagine for a moment a world where only single massive entities were allowed to work toward solving problems. There would be no Ryzen or Threadripper computers... all computers would be identical and all made by one company. Chances are that we would still be using something akin to the old Pentium chips. It was the fight for supremacy between Intel and AMD (the upstart) that drove the evolution of computing. Everyone would use Windows, and we would probably be still using something like Windows 95. There would be one browser: Internet Exploder Explorer.

All cars would be built by one company (probably Ford). You'd still be limited to a motor that had to be replaced after 5000 miles with a top speed of 20 miles an hour, and no such thing as a heater or air conditioning in that open cab. Why improve on the Model A? It's not like some upstart, enterprising bunch like the Dodge Brothers are going to make anything better...

No, no, I want as many people working independently as possible! There's an old saying about putting all of one's eggs in a single basket, and that old saying is full of wisdom.

All of the major advancements in science have come not from super-massive global cabals, but rather from individuals who just decided one day to attempt something fantastic. For every one that succeeds, a hundred fail. Why would anyone want to hang all hope for the future on one group with that 1% or less chance of success?

What you are decrying is the exact reason we are having so much trouble with the Chinese virus in the USA. Instead of allowing multiple attempts to find a treatment/cure/vaccine, we placed everything under the control of the CDC. In turn, the CDC (with help from the media) has woven a story out of whole cloth and fed it wholesale to the public. Were it not for all the misinformation that was disseminated as "fact," we would probably already have a cure.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe you misunderstood my intention. I was hinting more about collaboration, sharing of knowledge and pooling of resources to address a Global incident

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Once again ATS is smarter than all of the “experts” and “scientists” all around the world.

originally posted by: putnam6
Exactly, saw this explanation from a number of posters here. We were scammed

I'm not sure what you think the scam is, but “experts” and “scientists” all around the world have long recognised that Covid deaths are frequently caused by the body's uncontrolled immune response to the virus. You can read research papers on it from 2017 (and earlier) in relation to SARS-CoV-1 and other coronaviruses.

Different drugs have been used to tamp down the response, but with limited and sometimes negative impact upon patient outcomes. Obviously, you don't want to totally neutralise the body's battle with the invader.

Doctors and researchers have been trying to solve that conundrum. Suggesting they're evil or dumb as they approach a solution is ignorant and insulting.

This was a small phase 1 trial. It will have to undergo much more comprehensive, controlled double-blind trials before it becomes available. There are a number of similarly promising drug candidates for this that are further advanced.

Not all Covid deaths are caused by cytokine storm. I think it's still unclear what percentage are. It would be useful to know if the 30 patients in this trial were selected for that syndrome.
edit on 8-2-2021 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

OK, I did misunderstand. Sorry about that.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
(99.8% survival rate).

When the excess deaths for 2020 were published in January, it was a sobering wake-up call. We were BOTH wrong about lockdowns during 2020, KG, albeit with a bitterly ironic caveat...

As it stands now, 27 million have been infected with Covid in the USA; 463,000 dead, ie 1.71% of those infected - a 98.29% survival rate.

In the UK, we are in a far worse position per head of pop. But we're both digesting the highest excess death figures since World War II. Indeed, we both screwed up; both countries should have immediately closed ALL borders last year and activated a PROPER temporary lockdown - a genuine 'Day The Earth Stood The F#k Still'-style scenario... none of that pathetic, pussyfooting part-time 'lockdown' nonsense.

Like New Zealand, for example, if we'd both gone FULL ORWELL from the start, and effectively eradicated the virus, we could have been comparatively free bunnies by the Summer of last year and currently enjoying a much healthier economy. Hell, Trump could have even won a second term, who knows.

Instead... whatever Israel announces now, we have to realise that, Yes, we screwed up - Big Time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join