It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You-tldr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Came across this and I thought it may be helpful for ats members when they're unable to watch videos on ats for whatever reason.

you-tldr.com...

It pretty much does this

Get The tldr Of Any YouTube Video In Seconds

Get easy to read transcripts of your favorite Youtube videos with advanced keyword search, summarization, translation and export options.

I tried it out on this almost two hour long video

And it gave me this in a few seconds

So it seems to work pretty well. It seems like they have a pro version with extra features and stuff, but this seems fine if you're just looking to get the info out of a video without having to watch it.

To be fair this video probably deserves it's own thread on here...
edit on 6/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
The pro version is a bit pricey at $99.99 a year, but even the free version will come in handy. Thanks!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
is this a good thing?
i'd rather watch it, maybe learn something instead of being given a few bullet points i can only guess will just be used to win twitter arguments.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Woah yeah seems like a bit much. Though, Most of the pro features seem like things professionals might use, not so much just regular users.

a reply to: Rikku

It's not just a few bullet points, it's a full transcription of any dialog. Personally, I think it's most ideal for those 10-15 minute videos with mostly dialog and not many visuals. I can read faster than most people talk, and I tend to retain information better when I read something as opposed to hearing it spoken.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nice tool!!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join