It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU proposes outlawing "overconsumption" of clothing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP The nonsense of it all as there are many better ways to do such a thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have bags of clothes I donate or turn into rags or other items. All my under armour sleeves are cut into masks. Amogst other uses.

I'm for for fixing the system than limiting consumption. It's not our fault donation centers and recycling can't get it figured out.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
# it, everyone should just start making their own clothes again or buy from local craftsman. Home grown from sustainable materials. I mean, who couldn't throw something 'fashionable' together from stuff you have lying around?

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Please tell me that was a spoof.

The items they were wearing don't even qualify as thrift store rejects.

They look like they went to a rag warehouse and threw on whatever they could find.

None of them knew how to walk the runway, and I was uncomfortable watching them, expecting them to fall down with every step.

It has to be a joke.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I may be wrong, but I think Saint Martins college is a design college in London, so those were probably students' works.

But they are not that different from many professional's work.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Please tell me that was a spoof.

The items they were wearing don't even qualify as thrift store rejects.

They look like they went to a rag warehouse and threw on whatever they could find.

None of them knew how to walk the runway, and I was uncomfortable watching them, expecting them to fall down with every step.

It has to be a joke.

FASHION!

I mean, anything goes these days.

That said, and in all seriousness, I know it will never happen with just the sheer reliance on mass produced clothes (in America, where many people rely on big box stores) but if people just embraced a more minimalist outlook on everything that would certainly solve a lot of issues. But this is a problem and situation that is much bigger, stemming from social media to all medias to all countries idolizing those in power who are also inevitably rich and fashionable.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I may be wrong, but I think Saint Martins college is a design college in London, so those were probably students' works.

But they are not that different from many professional's work.

Yes, you are right, and they are asked to push boundaries, but also right in not very different from some shows during a normal fashion week in NY, Milan etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB
That said, and in all seriousness, I know it will never happen with just the sheer reliance on mass produced clothes (in America, where many people rely on big box stores)...

People need their fat person stretch waist band sweats from Walmart. Once you pork up even more from all they yummy processed food they sell you can just toss the size you no longer fit in and go for the XXXL.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Skooter_NB
That said, and in all seriousness, I know it will never happen with just the sheer reliance on mass produced clothes (in America, where many people rely on big box stores)...

People need their fat person stretch waist band sweats from Walmart. Once you pork up even more from all they yummy processed food they sell you can just toss the size you no longer fit in and go for the XXXL.

Hey, I love a good set of loungewear from the Walmart. Great for when I'm chowin down on my Lady Gaga Oreos.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join