It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song From When Hip Hop Was Cooler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anyone remember this song from 1991? This is from the days when Hip Hop was more experimental, and in my opinion, cooler. You could listen to it without having to be angry or high.

I know there are some who dislike Hip Hop no matter what but just give it a chance and check it out. As always.....what say you, ATS?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's another song by this group

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Word.

I've said it before and won't stop saying it either:

The 1990's was the last hope for substantive music and culture.

There was a DEFINITE renaissance, unity and awareness that was decimated most likely by the 1992 LA riots, and further snuffed out by 9/11 and the crash of 2008.

EVERYTHING after that, culturally, took a nose dive. All the pride, unity, INCLUSIVENESS was torpedoed.

Want proof? Just watch "In Living Color"...THE WHOLE BOX SET. You will NEVER see that again and that's a horrible shame. Not the show, but what the show represented and encouraged.

It is my firm belief that the resurrection of racism and the birth of radical social 'warrorism' was a way to falsely explain and mask just how fk'd up the culture had become and it's only gotten much, much, MUCH worse.

I truly miss that era. For black Americans, that was when the music died. From there, it has been nothing but music and culture for sociopaths.

SMH.
⭐+πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

edit on 2/6/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: lostbook

Word.

I've said it before and won't stop saying it either:

The 1990's was the last hope for substantive music and culture.

There was a DEFINITE renaissance, unity and awareness that was decimated most likely by the 1992 LA riots, and further snuffed out by 9/11 and the crash of 2008.

EVERYTHING after that, culturally, took a nose dive. All the pride, unity, INCLUSIVENESS was torpedoed.

Want proof? Just watch "In Living Color"...THE WHOLE BOX SET. You will NEVER see that again and that's a horrible shame. Not the show, but what the show represented and encouraged.

It is my firm belief that the resurrection of racism and the birth of radical social 'warrorism' was a way to falsely explain and mask just how fk'd up the culture had become and it's only gotten much, much, MUCH worse.

I truly miss that era. For black Americans, that was when the music died. From there, it has been nothing but music and culture for sociopaths.

SMH.
⭐+πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

I concur my brother!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I agree. It was a great time for all things new.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Good stuff. A favorite of mine from the same year

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Another great from the 90's. Brand Nubian!

join