It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News cancels ‘Lou Dobbs Tonight,’ its highest rated show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News but he will in all likelihood not appear on the company’s networks again. In addition to his Fox Business Network program, he occasionally turned up on the Fox News Channel as a commentator.

KTLA

Again we see that people are being held accountable, by society (not congress), for their words. This is how the free market works.

We will probably never see Lou Dobbs on FoxNews ever again. The trial that will follow will be an interesting one for sure.

With celebrities and pundits finally being held responsible for their damaging lies, this is the great reset. It may not be exactly what you were expecting. But it is the great reset, in personal accountability for defamation and harmful lies.

For the news outlets, they are learning that they can chase ratings only so far before the truth will lock them up.

edit on 5-2-2021 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

(post by slatesteam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Because he and FoxNews are being sued by SmartMatic for defamation

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

No. You not only applaud Thought Crime and its subversion, you endorse.

Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll still make the most of it when you try out for the Thought Police Cadet Academy.

You’d be the Valedictorian in fact I’m sure

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So it’s because he’s being sued, not because he’s wrong is what you’re really saying?

edit on 5-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

So the Mods trashed your last thread on this and you are attempting a do-over?

/facepalm

ETA... my apologies.

It is hard for me to tell you leftists apart when you post, what with all of you parroting the same DNC talking points.

It was someone else who posted this first here.

~shrug~

edit on 5-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News but he will in all likelihood not appear on the company’s networks again. In addition to his Fox Business Network program, he occasionally turned up on the Fox News Channel as a commentator.

KTLA
This is how the free market works.

Huh?...
Come again?
Me thinks you don't understand what a "free market" is.
A free market isn't just the exchange of goods and services.
It's the exchange of ideas too.

If we are going to silence journalists for questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election. Shouldn't we do the same to those who questioned the 2016 election? I mean hell they almost gas-light half the country into a civil war because their inability to take the L like an adult.

Could you all try and apply criticism equally for a moment?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Don’t you fine it odd you use “free market” to describe the highest rated show by a respectable anchorman to highlight your reasoning for his being silenced?

Doesn’t the “free market” reward the highest performers?

Isn’t that a bit strange? Dontchathink?

I do. A lot

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Not if it doesn't align with the brand/desired brand image. Long-run money vs short-run money.
Happens all the time. Nothing new here.
edit on 5-2-2021 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

once again the nappy king has spoken
come on hunter fess up we know its you

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Not if it doesn't align with the brand. Long-run money vs short-run money.
Happens all the time. Nothing new here.
So. Okay. Shut the F about your personal beliefs unless “they align” or rest assured we will cancel you to infinity?

Did I get that right?

You guys are starting to see how the shaky ground gas-lighting is founded on works, right?

Boy. Killing off ideas is fun! And profitable! So cool....

This future is nifty!

Edit: I mean it’s gonna suck when the Left get the proverbial “bill” and it happens to y’all.

Isn’t it ironic? Dontchathink?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Since Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity are of the same mindset, I expect to see Hannity jettisoned soon. It's how the Biden Administration will systematically eradicate high-profile opposing views.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I guess it means that for anyone who believes that media is society, but media is not society. It just tells certain people what to think and being without critical thinking skills they cannot help but follow.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Do you want to talk about brands making choices about what represents them? Gas lighting. Please.
Where is this supposed "killing off ideas" or some other drama queen way you want to categorize everyday capitalism... the system that conservatives have built, promoted, and deregulated, right up until it doesn't benefit them. Then it's a cry fest.
Sorry, not sorry. Capitalism benefits capitalism. It doesn't care about politics. It cares about money. Short term, and long term.

And as far as I can tell, that 75 year old man can still go shout about whatever he wants, FOX just isn't paying him.

ETA to your ETA - The "left" could care less about capitalism. The center-right dems might eventually have an issue with it though. They are in the same bed as the further-right repubs.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Do you want to talk about brands making choices about what represents them? Gas lighting. Please.
Where is this supposed "killing off ideas" or some other drama queen way you want to categorize everyday capitalism... the system that conservatives have built, promoted, and deregulated, right up until it doesn't benefit them. Then it's a cry fest.
Sorry, not sorry. Capitalism benefits capitalism. It doesn't care about politics. It cares about money. Short term, and long term.

And as far as I can tell, that 75 year old man can still go shout about whatever he wants, FOX just isn't paying him.
I heard they were. To keep him off the air.

Boy. You seem upset for someone that just “won”

I’m so glad the last four years has been kind enough to you that you don’t see how you could be wrong any longer.

Must be nice. Oh yeah!

And the election was fraudulent!

X O x o

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Boy! Mods move quick these days!

Good thing this is a high-info OP!

Edit: you know you’re doin God’s work when you get censored in Hunka’s threads....

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

I’m so glad the last four years has been kind enough to you that you don’t see how you could be wrong any longer.

Must be nice. Oh yeah!

X O x o

Of course the "election was fraudulent", but no more than any others (in fact, likely less than back in the years of no cameras and no oversight). So I'm not buying this puddle of convenient tears for one second.

For the many-ith time... the left didn't win with Biden. But y'all just aren't ever gonna get it. Your talking points are cemented. And to you, everyone who didn't vote Trump is somehow 'the left'... definitions be damned.
Back in the real world where words have meanings, it's another story.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Must be nice. Oh yeah!

X O x o

Of course the "election was fraudulent", but no more than any others (in fact, likely less than back in the years of no cameras and no oversight). So I'm not buying this puddle of convenient tears for one second.

For the many-ith time... the left didn't win with Biden. But y'all just aren't ever gonna get it. You're talking points are cemented. And to you, everyone who didn't vote Trump is somehow 'the left'... definitions be damned.
I didn’t vote Trump. GFYS

Words like: quarantine, herd immunity, vaccination, flatten the curve, essential, democratic principles.... or more to your point

TRUTH, fair, impartial, transparent, election

I could go on, but your talking points are cemented

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Must be nice. Oh yeah!

X O x o

For the many-ith time... the left didn't win with Biden. But y'all just aren't ever gonna get it. You're talking points are cemented. And to you, everyone who didn't vote Trump is somehow 'the left'... definitions be damned.
I didn’t vote Trump. GFYS

And yet you share all the same talking points. Not my issue, and not the crux of the issue either.

ETA - stay classy ATS, who's angry again?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join