It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Dog - Hot Diggity Dog!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All the recent food topics have made me deliriously hungry. Now this popped up in my news "feed".

It's a monstrosity of a meal, but I find my taste buds tingling at the thought of the assortment of flavours.

Apparently it is a homage to Elvis Presley, aka The King, hence the name. His favourite sandwich was peanut butter, bacon and banana.

It is only available by visiting the Hot Diggity Dogs food truck at Disney Springs

The King Dog is unlike any meal before. The special all-beef hot dog features a French toast batter-dipped, and cereal crusted hot dog bun. As well as never ending toppings: like- spicy peanut butter spread, banana-honey mustard, chipotle-berry preserve, and billionaires bacon.

Now, the fun part! If you want to order this crazy creation, you have to walk up to the food truck and say, “Hot Dog! Hot Dog! Hot Diggity Dog!” . The food truck is open from 6:00pm to close.

Just Disney

If anyone likes to follow competitive eaters, here is BeardMeatsFood's mega recreation of said King Dog!

Don't ask me why, but a scene from Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life', came to mind!

Maître d': "Ah, good afternoon, sir; and how are we today?"

Mr. Creosote: "Better."

Maître d': "Better?"

Mr. Creosote: "Better get a bucket, I'm gonna throw up."

And don't forget the after-dinner mint!
"It's only wafer-thin."

edit on 5-2-2021 by Encia22 because: Having a bout of indigestion...

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Sounds like something you would have been able to order from the heart attack grill restaurant

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We used to have this restaurant in Chicago called Hot Dougs... cult classic joint among foodies. A must visit.

The place was a hole in the wall hot dog joint, but all the hot dogs / sausages were super high end. So think interior of any random two bit diner with worn furniture, but all the hot dogs were super fancy. He actually was fined by city of Chicago for serving Foie Gras because the city council decided to ban it, so he made a big deal about having a Foie Gras hot dog.

Oh, the place was also known for it's Duck Fat French Fries.... fries cooked in duck fat. Foodgasm.

He just up and shut it down one year. The place had people literally 100 deep in line every day.

Hot Dougs

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It's sad it closed down. Using his own name in the diner's name was genius, as were his culinary creations, from what you described.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: Edumakated

It's sad it closed down. Using his own name in the diner's name was genius, as were his culinary creations, from what you described.

Yeah, that place was epic. The food was seriously good. My office was a block away, so I'd go one or two times a week. He'd have venison dogs. Buffalo. Rattlesnake. Duck. Regular hot dogs. Always had a few specials. Everything paired with great sauces and fancy cheese. The duck fat fries.... jeez.

He was featured on quite a few TV shows.... anthony bourdain, etc.

There were few places that tried to pick up where he left off but none really caught on like Hot Dougs.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live in Sonora, Mexico. Do a duckduckgo on "sonoran hot dogs."

I dare ya!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I live in Sonora, Mexico. Do a duckduckgo on "sonoran hot dogs."

I dare ya!

Those dogs look so cozy in their bun hammocks!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Never seen this guys channel. I thought he was just going to recreate it, not eat the whole damn thing! Yikes. I wouldn't want to be him the day after, lol!!

Thanks OP, another crazy YT food channel to bookmark!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I never believed that a description of a food could make me feel sick like this one does. Give me a good natural casing Vollwerths hot dog with onions on a real bun and I am happy, I like those boiled to just before they split. Their regular hot dogs are almost all beef, but they do have a hundred percent beef hot dog for those who have religious beliefs against eating pork. Their all american hot dog has more pork but still less than twenty percent. They don't have any bird meat in their dogs.

Sounds like I am a saleman for Vollwerths hot dogs, but I am not, I just find their products mostly good.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Yep, I didn't want to give the game away! I've been following him for years. It's a great channel and he's a humble guy.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That sounds much better! I don't think that brand is available in Europe, at least I've never seen it in normal supermarkets.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That sounds much better! I don't think that brand is available in Europe, at least I've never seen it in normal supermarkets.

It is a small local company, the original owners were German. There are other small sausage companies scattered all over this country that make excellent products. I expect it is the same way over in Europe. Those major brands of hot dogs mostly suck. But there are even some times of the major brands that are real food, but they are more expensive than Vollwerths products are for their premium dogs and sausages.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Ok, that makes sense. Yes, we have many local makers of fine[er] products. Although, the major brands are pretty good, too. There are lots of quality control checks and every single ingredient must be listed.

edit on 5-2-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Ok, that makes sense. Yes, we have many local makers of fine[er] products. Although, the major brands are pretty good, too. There are lots of quality control checks and every single ingredient must be listed.

Many of the hot dogs here, the major brands, are made of chicken with a tiny bit of pork and flavored with beef. I have no idea what flavored with beef actually means. I am sure the chicken is made of ground up scraps of chicken from after they take away the meat of the chicken to sell like boneless skinless chicken breasts which fetch a decent price usually. Not much is real in commercial foods these days, meat glue is used extensively in things.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yes, that pink glop is also used here for the cheapest brands. However, people want more healthy options and most of the major manufacturers now give us the choice, having added hot dogs (würstel) made only of 100% real pieces of meat, usually pork, chicken or turkey. Also, in Europe the origin of meat has to be documented, ensuring a certain standard is maintained.

new topics

top topics

join