It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23andMe Goes Public, Planning to Revolutionize Healthcare Through Genetics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Nose, test, saliva test an bum test, China sure wants the most GNA they can collect, no room for mistakes, in the beginning of the pandemic China offered some states and cities to help with the covid testing, they would have paid for the facilities and all the equipment as a "help".

I wonder what happen with that one.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait till they match your DNA and your partners DNA and if this match shows up a mixed anomaly no marriage for you. Don't believe me, Switzerland have been doing that for years.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Wait, wait, wait till they match your DNA and your partners DNA and if this match shows up a mixed anomaly no marriage for you. Don't believe me, Switzerland have been doing that for years.

When you say mixed anomaly, do you mean like a brother and sister, or first cousins showing up on DNA and not being allowed to be married?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: rickymouse
The problem is, no company has proven they can put ethics above profit.

There are many things that could be done in the name of research that would help humans as a species, but often gets tossed aside for a couple billion.

After all, why help ungrateful twitter bots for a one time pay out of 3.5 billion. Sets you and grandchildren for life.

Pharma companies would love to make genetic specific meds they could patent and sell for mega-profits.

Like I mentioned, at least in Europe they are researching metabolomics or another name for it is nutrigenomics. The epigenetic markers regulate the creation of enzymes and proteins, mostly the quantity they make. The genes in that class are stimulated by certain food chemistry....this relates to companion food chemistry and consuming the antidote with the food....which relates to meal planning which was done when I was a kid.

Oxylates are high in peanut butter, they can trigger calcium oxylate kidney stones. Drinking something with calcium in it, makes the stones from the peanut butter combine in the gut and they do not get absorbed and are excreted in the feces. or if you want to get technical, putting jelly on a sandwich with peanut butter works too, the pectin combines with the oxylates and it either does not get absorbed or it loses bioactive ability to form stones, The article did not state how the jelly neutralized it that I read, it just stated it stopped the oxylates from forming stones from the peanut butter, the milk was specific as to method of action.

Raw Kale is full of oxylates, but cooking it denatures them and they are not a problem. but people mostly consume it raw, it is also high in lectins and I do not think that boiling it will totally detox those. The inability to metabolize oxylates properly is genetic, people vary in how much of the enzyme they genetically create so some people must have less oxylates in their diet or they will need to have kidney stones removed eventually or they build calcium oxylate crystals in the muscles and joints......again, genetic in origin, But the proper diet can eliminate the genetic risk. I can go on with hundreds of examples of this, all related to specific groups of genetic snps creating diversification.

This happens in all animals, some birds eat some food, others eat different foods while they evolved from the same original bird and now look a little different and sometimes have different names. In nature this happens because the environment cannot support a lot of different species eating the same food. The changes take many generations, the first generations having some health issues but if the diet is slowly altered, the health issues are not too bad. Most monkeys do not eat bananas in nature and most people don't realize that. Banana heuvens are not good for some people either, yet the medical profession pushes them as good food because of the potassium which is way less than potatoes. Humans have been eating potatoes for many generations, they evolved somewhat so the potato toxins do not bother them.

I used to think I could eat anything, not paying attention to how the foods effected my health and my thinking for decades, after I got epilepsy, I started researching and testing on myself and found out a lot of things. An example, if I eat bananas in the same two day period as potatoes, tomatoes, and many other foods, I start getting reactions to the latex in my socks and underwear, I have always bought cloths and shoe brands that did not have latex rubber in them but never realized the connection until most all underwear started having latex rubber bands. Since the cross reactivity includes only three things in one group but many things in the other group, I eliminated bananas, kiwi, and avacados from the one group. I like bananas, dislike kiwi, and definitely dislike anything avacado, so I just have to eliminate bananas....but I can have a banana split in the summer if I haven't eaten potatoes at all or tomatoes or etc... That probably has genetics involved in that allergy, I would say I make a little different variant of the enzyme than those who don't have a problem with it. The majority of people, about seventy five percent, are not intolerant to the banana chemistry either directly or cross reactivity related.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Raw Kale is full of oxylates

I don't need a reason to not eat kale, I love love love veggies but that stuff is Nasty!!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what the world looks like a mere twenty years from now! It's going to be so awesome!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
No, I mean if a genetic anomaly shows up in your past relatives, like autism or Downs syndrome or any genetic condition. Not allowed to marry and reproduce.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Zarniwoop

The Ethical issue of home DNA testing, you will be surprised.

Further concerns arise as testing companies often align themselves with pharmaceutical companies, public and private research organizations, and Google. For example, “GlaxoSmithKline purchased a $300 million stake in the company, allowing the pharmaceutical giant to use 23andMe’s trove of genetic data to develop new drugs — and raising new privacy concerns for consumers.” (Ducharme, 2018) Similarly, Ancestry is sharing its data with Google through its research subsidiary Calico. Ancestry admits that “once they share people’s genetic information with partner companies, they can’t be responsible for security protocols of those partners.” (Leavenworth, 2018).

Additionally, both 23andMe and Ancestry use Google Analytics to provide third parties with consumer information for targeted marketing. In its privacy policy 23andMe states that “when you use our Services, including our website or mobile app(s), our third-party service providers may collect Web-Behavior Information about your visit, such as the links you clicked on, the duration of your visit, and the URLs you visited.” This use of shared information allows testing services and third parties to build a comprehensive personal profile on you, which may include your genetic information.

ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu...

It sounds like fun but smells like deception, this no about helping people is about collecting as much personal data as is possible.

I will never used one of this site in my life

So I'm guessing here but with google analytics running side by side on genetics testing they could maybe find out if part of the genetic code inclines people toward conspiracy research... there could be huge incentive to find if there is such genetics and weed us out. Cheery thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I have been expecting this.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Interestingly I am sensitive to Oxylates soo I am to avoid this, When I do not, I produce kidney stones.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
To be real, there are already companies that offer tailored medical details for people who submit their DNA. I have a friend who has done it and it gives her information about medicines she is probably allergic to diseases and such that she may be prone to getting. It even lists foods that she should avoid.

It would be a cool thing if it weren't something that can be weaponised and used against people.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just know that this is somehow going to make it harder for me to get insurance for my genetic defects.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Now how in the heck Google is involved in all this, is beyond me, this one is a surprise to me.
Why? Of course they would be.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Raw Kale is full of oxylates

I don't need a reason to not eat kale, I love love love veggies but that stuff is Nasty!!

I actually really like eating veggies, but for at least seven years now I can't make the enzyme to disolve it very well. That shows up in my genetics, but it is only a reduction in the enzyme genetically. I guess when I got close to sixty, my pancreas isn't making much amylase anymore. Oh well, I still eat them but poop them out without digesting them. They still taste good though.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Interesting, bizarre connection with 23andMe, Goog, a novel, and the Sumerians.🤔

1/ I think I finally discovered what [their] ultimate plan for control/mass extinction was.

It all revolves around 23andMe, Big Pharma and Big Tech.

And oddly, the answer is contained within the pages of “Snow Crash.” The founder of Google’s favorite sci-fi novel.
Link

Big Pharma Just Bought Access to Your DNA From Genealogy Company 23andMe

Human DNA has now become a commodity, with 23andMe — the world’s largest database of genetic code — serving as the “new frontier” for pioneering drugmakers.

British pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline recently purchased a $300 million share in the genology company, which promises to tell you your ancestry in exchange for your DNA.

Darpabook made billions off our personal info. 23andMe and big pharma making $$$ off our DNA.

23andMe sold the rights to a drug it developed from its genetic database

The Spanish company Almirall will test the drug on human guinea pigs, which targets psoriasis.

Pentagon advises troops to not use consumer DNA kits, citing security risks

The Pentagon is advising troops that there are security risks, to include mass surveillance and potential tracking, associated with using consumer DNA kits.

“These DTC [direct-to-consumer] genetic tests are largely unregulated and could expose personal and genetic information, and potentially create unintended security consequences and increased risk to the joint force and mission,” the memo reads.

“Moreover, there is increased concern in the scientific community that outside parties are exploiting the use of genetic data for questionable purposes, including mass surveillance and the ability to track individuals without their authorization or awareness,” the memo states.

On September 25, 2018, the NIH awarded Color funding for the 'All of Us Research program'. On September 27, 2018, Color added a new health area, medication response, to analyze genes associated with commonly prescribed medications, and report on how those genes can influence how individuals process and respond to those medications.

Jill Hagenkord former president of '23andMe' became the Chief Medical Officer.
Color Genomics

And you know there is big transhumanism/hybrid agenda behind all of this frankenGenetics research.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dug88

Just wait until insurance companies start to adjust rates based on your genetic disposition.

Here's how this ends up. An oldie but a goodie.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join