It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Biden Goalpost Moving

page: 1

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Biden was going to kill the virus and get us back to normal, but I guess that's not so much ...

Got two items on the goalpost agenda for today.

Item #1 is Jen Psaki undermining the director of the CDC to cater to the teacher's unions.

One of Biden's campaign promises was to re-open the majority of the nation's schools in his first 100 days. He has since walked that back because the teachers' unions don't want to go back. Turns out they like getting paid to basically do nothing. Go figure.

So CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said teachers do not need to be vaccinated in order to reopen schools safely. She said this at a meeting held on Wednesday where she was speaking as the director of the CDC. She was operating off a growing body of evidence and studies that have found school transmission to be exceedingly rare.

"I want to be clear that there is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely," Walensky said. "I would also say that vaccination of teachers is not a prerequisite for the safe reopening of schools."

A January study from the American Academy of Pediatrics found that the spread of coronavirus in schools is "extremely rare."

In the face of heavy opposition to opening schools, Jen Psaki was asked about this by reporters, and she undermined the Director of the CDC.

"Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity," Psaki said at the press conference. "Obviously she's the head of the CDC, but we're going to wait for final guidance to come out."

So the head of the CDC does not know what she is talking about. SCIENCE, but only what it's the politically expedient science that says what the teachers want it to say because they're more powerful than the CDC.

Now for Goalpost #2.

Even after you get the vaccine, you'll still need to wear masks and social distance.

Jen Psaki again.

So do tell ... if we're getting the shot to go back to normal, but even then we can't go back to normal, what's the point of the shot? Goalpost move.

It's beginning to look like a power and control game with the masks and removal of normalcy.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is one of the few issues that I’m okay with them moving the goal posts.

Is it right? Is it ethical? Hell no, it’s not.

But if they want to ease up (as many of us predicted) then let them.

This virus is definitely not a true pandemic.

We all know why they pushed their agenda on us. They got the election. Now, let’s get back to some type of normal.

Release the effing shackles!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We believe in truth over facts we believe in science boys and girls are the exact same no differences at all.

Masks dont work but we should wear them anyway.
The vaccine is 95% effective for a virus you have a 99.9% chance of surviving.
The vaccine e doesnt make you immune because you not to spread this virus that you have to have your brain tickled with q-tip for most people to know they even have it.

I think I covered most of the pointless insanity

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'm not sure you read the OP correctly...they're doing just the opposite!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not requiring teachers to get vaccines is moving in the right direction.

From what I got out of the OP is that lazy teachers don’t want to go back to work. That’s better than governments not allowing it.

Maybe you’re right. Guess I was looking for the silver lining.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Basically, it was all about the science until the teachers' unions fell out on the wrong side of the science, and now the administration is looking for the science that backs what the unions want which is to not have to go back to in person instruction.

Of course, parents would really like in person instruction to happen and it's the sort of normalcy many thought they were being promised when they voted.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Both of my kids are in HS and I’ve gotten used to them not going to school. It seems the inner city families are hurt the most by this, so in my opinion let the Democrats and their supporters roll around in the mess they made. I hope the next 4 years is the hardest 4 years of their life because they voted for it. That may seem messed up, but they voted to take money out of my pockets and censor me, so I have no remorse at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It was stunning to learn that Chicago teachers will not even go back to work if the classrooms are empty, and they're teaching over the internet.

Like you said, they want to stay home and earn their $80k for 9 months work.

They're talking about striking because they can't stay home.

edit on 2/5/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They love the control.

They can spew whatever they want, because children can't record the zoom calls and parents aren't let into the room.

But back in the classroom? Oh God, the social anxiety. I bet that becomes a buzz term.

In the classroom, they might be held responsible for the things they can't control coming out of their mouths, a student may record them from underneath their desk.

And don't forget going back to a schedule. No longer pushing your last night mistake out of the room for the 15 minute zoom meeting with your students.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Since when do teachers get to decide? Who elected them? Tell them to get back to work or find another job flipping burgers. I get the feeling this isn't ALL the fault of teachers. There's more to this than what we're being told. I think someone higher on the ladder likes this situation as it is because it fits into their agenda.

Goalpost #2

It's beginning to look like a power and control game with the masks and removal of normalcy.

I think it has been this all along. This is the route to the "great reset".

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Over the course of the last couple of weeks, we've gotten down to where our cases were over the summer and while we had general mask wearing, the mandates were not as tight, but have the restrictions loosened yet to where they were over the summer?

Nope.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The ecdc said the same thing.... kids up to 10 years of age are less likely to transmit or get symptoms... and symptoms are the main the spread of covid, you know like coughing etc.

My kindergarden kid has been over there every single day since may..... we havent had a single infection in that daycare.

Kids arent the problem. Grown ups are....

If grown ups keep distance, wear masks and all that, its going to be fine. The staying at home bs will mess the kids up more than covid will.... its mentally unhealthy.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My god! This is fantastic! This decade is going to be the greatest period in history ever!

Where men can have babies, schools aren't safe to be open unless a senile figurehead is responsible and teachers have control. Science is settled! We know linger need to hunt to solve the mysteries of the world and universe. The teachers know EVERYTHING. And which group of scientists is correct changes approximately every four years!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So do tell ... if we're getting the shot to go back to normal, but even then we can't go back to normal, what's the point of the shot? Goalpost move.

Which is one of the biggest reasons I will not be getting the shot. Not the only reason, mind, but a major one.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
"I want to be clear that there is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely," Walensky said. "I would also say that vaccination of teachers is not a prerequisite for the safe reopening of schools."

So why are some places saying that the kids must be vaccinated before they can return to school? What's with the double standard?

TCB

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The teachers that I know don't "do nothing" with distance learning, what a lie. They are also more worried about their health than being lazy. Score two points for the counter-argument.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The teachers that I know don't "do nothing" with distance learning, what a lie. They are also more worried about their health than being lazy. Score two points for the counter-argument.

Then they need a job change. If they want to play isolationist hermit, they can go out in the woods for it, or get another job elsewhere. They agreed to teach, not cry about it.

Zero sympathy from me. Mine have been homeschooled since Day One, these teachers currently have no excuse. Especially when it's ONLINE CLASSES.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Yes they do. Not a single parent is happy with the new form of “education” and any parent that thinks keeping their kids learning through a zoom classroom is good for their child who needs to have regular socializing with peers but are denied for safety...

You support damaging americas youth further. You might like your teacher friends, but yes, they suck at their job regardless of what they’ve told you.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I fear for these new generation of kids. They're going to have no social skills from not being socialized. They're going to grow up with a horrible slow paced virtual education too. If the teachers have access to a vaccine, why can't they go back to work?

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

If you have to ASK or submit, to BE free; you are NOT FREE.

top topics

join